Donald Trump Says That People Who Destroy The American Flag Should Be Prosecuted

Should People Who Destroy The American Flag Be Prosecuted?

• Total voters
I'm on the fence with him about this one. Part of me agrees with him and part of me says well in this country there's freedom to do that. I think that better punishment would be that if you burn this nation's flag then pack your bags but that's just my opinion.

I agree with trump

Palestinian refugees and progressive anarchists in ANTIFA or Black LIES Matter can still make their opinions known

Burning the American flag should not be protected under the first amendment.
why not?

this may be the only thing I disagree w/ Trump about. I don't like seeing the flag treated that way, but we have freedom of expression.

Even so, it looks like you are saying, when you burn the flag.. F America

and that is akin to treason.

I agree with trump

Palestinian refugees and progressive anarchists in ANTIFA or Black LIES Matter can still make their opinions known
It looks ironic to me

Them burning the flag is actually going AGAINST their alleged cause. People get very ticked whne they see that..

I say "alleged" because I sometimes wonder if these idiots really believe in anything.. save themselves. . political power, etc

It looks ironic to me

Them burning the flag is actually going AGAINST their alleged cause. People get very ticked whne they see that..

I say "alleged" because I sometimes wonder if these idiots really believe in anything.. save themselves. . political power, etc
They don’t know what they are protesting, as revealed when they were asked what “From the river to the sea” meant. All they know is that everyone is dumping on Da Joos, so they are all in!

They don’t know what they are protesting, as revealed when they were asked what “From the river to the sea” meant. All they know is that everyone is dumping on Da Joos, so they are all in!
looks like it

What a bunch of sickos we have in this country. They are malicious termites destroying us.

So let's say I modify the flag in some way would that still be a crime?

Say for example instead of one with 50 stars there were only 49. Then it wouldn't be a real US Flag.

Crime or no?

WW

And the DC so called police watched...
The mayor may have told them to stand down. Just like the mayor of Baltimore told her police force to let the blacks “have space to destroy.”

The message is clear: if you are black and protesting against whites, or ANY color protesting against Jews, there will be a lot of tolerance provided for you to behave like wild Indians and destroy everything on sight.

EXACTLY

But property rights are just another right that is being taken from us. I don't know when people will wake up to the fact that the far left are out to destroy this country.

I mean, you'd think the evidence would inform people.. :banghead:
We cannot allow the Obama Regime, with its new puppet inserted in place, continue to its war against America.

As much as I hate when people burn the American flag, it is their FREE SPEECH. We may not like it,or accept the the fact, they hate America!
If you go to other countries and you start burning their flag, you will be shot! There is no FREE SPEECH in those countries.

I don't think they should be prosecuted, though...

If those same people who burn the flag and threaten to kill every American - then that is Domestic terrorism. And they should be prosecuted.

Imagine if you decided to burn the Nazi flag back in the 1930's...under Hitler's reign! He certainly wouldn't call that FREE SPEECH.

As much as I hate when people burn the American flag, it is their FREE SPEECH. We may not like it,or accept the the fact, they hate America!
If you go to other countries and you start burning their flag, you will be shot! There is no FREE SPEECH in those countries.

I don't think they should be prosecuted, though...

If those same people who burn the flag and threaten to kill every American - then that is Domestic terrorism. And they should be prosecuted.

Imagine if you decided to burn the Nazi flag back in the 1930's...under Hitler's reign! He certainly wouldn't call that FREE SPEECH.
But the flag did not belong to the ones who burned it

THAT should be prosecuted

I'm on the fence with him about this one. Part of me agrees with him and part of me says well in this country there's freedom to do that. I think that better punishment would be that if you burn this nation's flag then pack your bags but that's just my opinion.

It's a piece of cloth. Nothing more.

First Amendment - Freedom of speech. Something which that flag stands for.

I'm pretty sure the Supreme Court ruled on that already. Johnson V. Texas, as I remember.

This is eazy. The flag is our country. It is not a symbol. Protect your country or not.

If someone is free to burn the American flag I am free to stop them.

Anyway needed.

Forum List

Back