Donald Trump Says That People Who Destroy The American Flag Should Be Prosecuted

Should People Who Destroy The American Flag Be Prosecuted?

• Total voters
This is eazy. The flag is our country. It is not a symbol. Protect your country or not.

If someone is free to burn the American flag I am free to stop them.

Anyway needed.

The flag is a symbol. People put it on underwear and boots.

Freedom is a far better symbol of our nation.

And you're not free to stop someone expressing their 1st amendment rights by burning a flag.

It's a piece of cloth. Nothing more.
First Amendment - Freedom of speech. Something which that flag stands for.
So then you agree: This is free speech

1721929922088.png

We need to bring back public beatings, tar and feathering. Feel free to burn the American flag, then get your ass beat by citizens.

I actually was thinking that too but I thought that people would start going well that's illegal and you'll go to prison then so that's why I didn't say it first.

Btw, I'm surprised that you actually voted no then.
I voted no because it's considered free speech, which oftentimes can be offensive (a beautiful thing). It shouldn't be a knee-jerk reaction to an event one doesn't agree with. Do I agree with it? Absolutely not, yet a proposed offense should be congruent across all flavors of flags. Burning gay flags and other woke flags is often considered a hate crime based on intent toward a group, which has the same characteristics as burning a U.S. flag.

I'm on the fence with him about this one. Part of me agrees with him and part of me says well in this country there's freedom to do that. I think that better punishment would be that if you burn this nation's flag then pack your bags but that's just my opinion.

Freedom of expression shall not be impinged by an old fossil that wants tyranny.

As much as I hate when people burn the American flag, it is their FREE SPEECH. We may not like it,or accept the the fact, they hate America!
If you go to other countries and you start burning their flag, you will be shot! There is no FREE SPEECH in those countries.

I don't think they should be prosecuted, though...

If those same people who burn the flag and threaten to kill every American - then that is Domestic terrorism. And they should be prosecuted.

Imagine if you decided to burn the Nazi flag back in the 1930's...under Hitler's reign! He certainly wouldn't call that FREE SPEECH.
NOT if it’s not their flag to begin with, unless you are saying it’s OK for an American-hating leftist to remove my flag from its pole holder, and set it ablaze.

I voted no because it's considered free speech,

I know as that's what kept me from voting yes but at exactly the same time it just feels completely wrong to me to destroy something that represents our country so that's why I voted undecided.

Forum List

Back