Phone Farage - Nigel Farage On LBC: Watch From 9am UK Time

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
images

LBC: Watch From 9am
Ukip leader Nigel Farage answers calls from listeners live on LBC - and you can watch it live here. What do you want to ask him?

Nigel Farage On LBC: Watch From 9am

I'd like to ask him why he said he'd resign and then didn't accept his own resignation.

I'd like to ask him why in the by-election just before the EU elections he said he wouldn't stand because he didn't want to be seen as an opportunist by going into a seat in a place he didn't know, when he's chopped and changed seats he's stood for like crazy over the course of his career and NONE of the Constituency seats have been where his home is anyway.

I'd like to ask him how bankrupt UKIP are right now.

I'd like to ask him how he feels about Trump using the same tactics as he did, but being more aggressive about it.

I'd like to ask him why he was so anti-PC until people started using non-PC stuff against him and then he never mentioned about PC ever again.

I'd like to askis him why he said he'd resign and then didn't accept his own resignation.

I'd like to ask him why in the by-election just before the EU elections he said he wouldn't stand because he didn't want to be seen as an opportunist by going into a seat in a place he didn't know, when he's chopped and changed seats he's stood for like crazy over the course of his career and NONE of the Constituency seats have been where his home is anyway.

I'd like to ask him how he feels about Trump using the same tactics as he did, but being more aggressive about it.

I'd like to ask him why he was so anti-PC until people started using non-PC stuff against him and then he never mentioned about PC ever again.
Hes a million times better than Trump. Hes positively blithe. Trump is easily ruffled.

I'd like to ask him why he said he'd resign and then didn't accept his own resignation.

Then why don't you?

UKIP's policies on immigration are eminently sensible:

• Leave the EU and take back control of our borders
  • End immigration for unskilled jobs for a five-year period to re-balance our work economy
  • Introduce an Australian-style points-based immigration system to assess all potential migrants to Britain on a fair, ethical and equal basis
  • Tackle the problem of sham marriages
  • Introduce a new visa system for workers, visitors, students, families and asylum seekers
  • End access to benefits and free NHS treatment for new immigrants until they have paid tax and NI for five years
  • Require all visitors and new immigrants to the UK to have their own health insurance.

I'd like to askis him why he said he'd resign and then didn't accept his own resignation.

Hes a million times better than Trump. Hes positively blithe. Trump is easily ruffled.

Farage is a charismatic guy. He's not organized, he's not able to lead a team beyond his charisma, he's the sort of image you want for a party but not the guy running the party, or a country for that matter.

Trump has the Charisma too, but he has seemingly sold his soul to the devil, which Farage wouldn't do. Farage wants to be known as a nice guy, Trump doesn't give a damn.

Then why don't you?

Can't be bothered.

• End immigration for unskilled jobs for a five-year period to re-balance our work economy
  • Introduce an Australian-style points-based immigration system to assess all potential migrants to Britain on a fair, ethical and equal basis
  • Introduce a new visa system for workers, visitors, students, families and asylum seekers
  • End access to benefits and free NHS treatment for new immigrants until they have paid tax and NI for five years
  • Require all visitors and new immigrants to the UK to have their own health insurance.

Sensible? Not entirely sensible.

UKIP's policy are old man in the pub sensible. They're not actually sensible.

Leave the EU and take back control of their borders. Hmm, most of the immigrants they have a problem with are from places like Nigeria, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, the Caribbean and so on. ie, non-EU countries. The UK actually does retain control of its borders, you can't enter the UK without a passport, not even if you're British.

So, why do they want to take back control of borders that the govt already has control over?

A new visa system. Wow, a new visa system. That's like, er... NEW. New isn't necessarily better. It's just new.

Ending NHS benefits. Well, for some people yes, however with reciprocal agreements then there should be no problem.

And the same for the last one. If a British person goes to Spain or France they don't need health insurance, so why should a French person. If a British person goes to America they need health insurance, so make Americans have health insurance.

But it's not what they said.

So, sensible? Not really, more like simple and vague soundbites that old men love.

Farage is a charismatic guy. He's not organized, he's not able to lead a team beyond his charisma, he's the sort of image you want for a party but not the guy running the party, or a country for that matter.

Trump has the Charisma too, but he has seemingly sold his soul to the devil, which Farage wouldn't do. Farage wants to be known as a nice guy, Trump doesn't give a damn.
Farage is not in the least bit bothered about being seen as a nice guy, and that is precisely what free's him up to tell it how it is, no matter how bent out of shape people get about it, and they do. He is rarely invited onto politics shows such as, for example, Question Time, because the libtard BBC prefer him to be muzzled. Instead they invite countless people who's opinions are neither here nor there, celebrity chefs, light entertainment to presenters (morons usually), any thickheaded libtard types they can muster to fill the seats. If he was simply the kind of guy you want at a party, he'd be on Question Time, Newsnight and so on, he isn't. His honesty and sense are regarded literally as too dangerous.

Farage is not in the least bit bothered about being seen as a nice guy, and that is precisely what free's him up to tell it how it is, no matter how bent out of shape people get about it, and they do. He is rarely invited onto politics shows such as, for example, Question Time, because the libtard BBC prefer him to be muzzled. Instead they invite countless people who's opinions are neither here nor there, celebrity chefs, light entertainment to presenters (morons usually), any thickheaded libtard types they can muster to fill the seats. If he was simply the kind of guy you want at a party, he'd be on Question Time, Newsnight and so on, he isn't. His honesty and sense are regarded literally as too dangerous.

I disagree. Image is everything for Farage.

He "tells it how it is", doesn't mean he tells it sensibly. He says things that are vague, that people who don't think about stuff too much will be able to catch on to. Generally he uses soundbites that don't mean much, but which people can say yes to. It's perfect, you say your soundbite and two people who might disagree over the finer details will support him.

Rarely gets invited onto politics shows? Er... really? He got on enough, probably more than other individuals in politics. I suppose you can back up your claim of how many times he got on, and how many times other politicians got on. For example Cameron and Milliband.

The BNP used similar tactics to UKIP, pretending they were the underdogs, that the establishment didn't like them and all of this. It wasn't really true. It's just that UKIP couldn't handle the fire. The amount of hassle the main three parties had to deal with was far worse than what UKIP had to deal with, but UKIP whine.

UKIP's policy are old man in the pub sensible. They're not actually sensible..............

The above is but a summary of their immigration policy in brief. Read the manifesto and maybe you'll become less confused.

I disagree. Image is everything for Farage.

He "tells it how it is", doesn't mean he tells it sensibly. He says things that are vague, that people who don't think about stuff too much will be able to catch on to. Generally he uses soundbites that don't mean much, but which people can say yes to. It's perfect, you say your soundbite and two people who might disagree over the finer details will support him.

Rarely gets invited onto politics shows? Er... really? He got on enough, probably more than other individuals in politics. I suppose you can back up your claim of how many times he got on, and how many times other politicians got on. For example Cameron and Milliband.

The BNP used similar tactics to UKIP, pretending they were the underdogs, that the establishment didn't like them and all of this. It wasn't really true. It's just that UKIP couldn't handle the fire. The amount of hassle the main three parties had to deal with was far worse than what UKIP had to deal with, but UKIP whine.
I difpsagree, image means little and people 'liking' him means even less, that is why he freely tells it how it is. Even people who don't necessarily intend to vot for him find his candour and honesty refreshing and sadly lacking in politics I the uk I general. There have been countless times when he has been denied air time, sometimes because other libtard guests refuse to be on a panel if he is invited. Not very in keeping with freedom of speech or even liberalism, but certainly appropriate for the liberal fascists. If we did away with the corrupt first past the post system and stopped wasting people's votes they'd possibly have formed a gvmnt by now, but certainly would have the representation in parliament that the people of the U.K. Voted for. But I'm not in the least surprised you find him wanting :)
Viva Farage :)

What does that mean? Honestly? What does that mean?

Hardly nazi is it.

UKIP's policy are old man in the pub sensible. They're not actually sensible..............

The above is but a summary of their immigration policy in brief. Read the manifesto and maybe you'll become less confused.

No, I've read their complete manifesto and it still doesn't make any sense. It's still populism with no idea about reality.

I difpsagree, image means little and people 'liking' him means even less, that is why he freely tells it how it is. Even people who don't necessarily intend to vot for him find his candour and honesty refreshing and sadly lacking in politics I the uk I general. There have been countless times when he has been denied air time, sometimes because other libtard guests refuse to be on a panel if he is invited. Not very in keeping with freedom of speech or even liberalism, but certainly appropriate for the liberal fascists. If we did away with the corrupt first past the post system and stopped wasting people's votes they'd possibly have formed a gvmnt by now, but certainly would have the representation in parliament that the people of the U.K. Voted for. But I'm not in the least surprised you find him wanting :)
Viva Farage :)

Image means everything in politics.

Look at Gordon Brown. The Tories were getting annoyed that Labour under Blair kept winning, so Tory policy was to attack Labour for too much "spin", Brown got in, had listened to too much Tory whining and then decided to go without spin. Everyone hated him for it. Then the Tories got in and spent all their time spinning things and then won another election against useless spinner Milliband.

You say they find his honesty refreshing. I'm calling you out on this one. He wasn't honest at all.

UKIP's Nigel Farage says he will not stand in Newark poll - BBC News
"UKIP leader Nigel Farage has said he will not stand in the forthcoming Newark by-election."

"Mr Farage said he did not want to look like an "opportunist" by entering the contest, as he did not "have any links with the East Midlands"."

Firstly, he says it's about image. That he doesn't want to look like an opportunist.

Let's look at Farage's record in elections.

He was born in Downe in Kent. This is London now and not a part of Kent. He lives in Single Street, which is also in the London Borough of Bromley.

In 1994 Farage stood in Eastleigh. Eastleigh is in Hampshire, Farage doesn't live there, wasn't from there, hasn't ever lived there. Opportunist?

In 1997 Farage stood in Salisbury, this is in Wiltshire, Farage doesn't live there, wasn't from there, hasn't ever lived there. Opportunist?

In 2001 he stood in Bexhill and Battle in East Sussex, this is East Sussex, Farage doesn't live there, wasn't from there, hasn't ever lived there. Opportunist?

In 2005 and 2015 Farage stood in South Thanet, right, one place where he was actually born in the county, doesn't live in the county, but he was born in it, although on the other side of county entirely. Hasn't lived in Thanet and wasn't from there. Opportunist?

In 2006 he stood in Bromley and Chislehurst, It's in London, he lives in London, somewhere close enough to her to be able to get there, but still, it's not where he lives or where he was born.

In 2010 he stood in Buckingham, That Buckinghamshire, Farage doesn't live there, wasn't from there, hasn't ever lived there. Opportunist?

In 1994 EU elections he stood in Itchen, Test and Avon, basically around Salisbury again, and again he's not from there and doesn't live there.

Then the guy comes out in 2014 and says he doesn't want to be seen as an opportunist by standing in a seat "as he did not "have any links with the East Midlands"." Er.... since when has this ever bothered him in the past?

Then he said he'd quit if he did badly at the 2015 General Election. And then he didn't accept his own resignation. Is that honesty? Really?

Ukip rejects Farage's resignation

"U-turn comes after Farage tendered his resignation on Friday, insisting he was a 'man of his word' after pledging to stand down if he failed to become an MP"

"His resignation was “unanimously rejected” by Ukip’s National Executive Committee after canvassing the views of Ukip members, who “overwhelmingly” wanted him to remain in place."

He pushes his "honesty" card, but the reality, if you want to see, is different.

Forum List

Back