🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Physics and why LWIR can not warm oceans... Info for a Clueless Senator Markey and alarmists..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have skipped over this part

"The detector element is an extremely sensitive thermistor that is cooled to LHe temperatures in order to decrease the thermal background."
LHe temperatures is 4 deg K. The CMB is 2.7 deg K. Not only is the detector warmer, but the antenna it hits is at 300 deg K. That shows that thermal radiation can and does strike objects warmer than the source.

Sorry guy....liquid helium can cool to sub 2k temperatures. I know you want the second law to be false, but it just isn't....

The Fundamentals of Imaging

Frequency Standards and Metrology

https://uu.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:859430/FULLTEXT01.pdf

Liquid helium is still warmer than the CMB.

And the fake engineer jumps up and once again demonstrates that he doesn't have a clue...you just went out and grabbed the first source that you could find that said that the temperature of liquid helium is 4k...didn't you? And then you stated that CMB is colder than liquid helium....and not being an engineer, you never considered the fact that devices using liquid helium can be cooled to temperatures lower than 4k..

Liquid helium can be used to cool instruments to temperatures below 2k...you need sources?

New Scientist

here is one capable of 1.5K

Patent US20110120147 - Pressurized Superfluid Helium ...

Laser Spectroscopy VII

And I could go on ad nauseum with references to devices being cooled to 2k and below using liquid helium.

And being a practiced engineer, you think such devices are built into every IR detector made, right?

[

Your legend in your own mind...

Now that is what is funny. The Law of Thermodynamics and the laws of wave propagation disprove your AGW religion in short order. Tell me Crick, how do you get your "intelligent" molecules of CO2 to shed all of their IR towards the surface of the earth? In order for your religion to be even close to being plausible, every wave of LWIR from CO2 would have to penetrate the oceans 24/7/365 to depth.. I have clearly shown that premise a lie in posts 1 and 2.

Where the fuck did you get the idea that anyone was suggesting all IR gets reradiated towards the surface? And which thermodynamic law do you believe disproves AGW?

The comment about cooling detectors said it was done to reduce thermal noise. It is not a make or break issue. It did not say that if they did not cool them, they could not detect the CMB.

And being a practiced engineer, you think such devices are built into every IR detector made, right?

I never claimed to be an engineer...that's your lie....and devices capable of detecting CMB certainly do have such cooling systems installed.

The comment about cooling detectors said it was done to reduce thermal noise. It is not a make or break issue. It did not say that if they did not cool them, they could not detect the CMB.

Like jones saying that they made up data does not mean that they actually made up data...you are so full of it that it would be funny were it not so sad.

I'm not the one calling for magic photons that we'll just never be able to explain.

Seems to me that I've hit you up for specific explanations and specific links and specific support several times over the last few days and so far you're batting .000.

Seems to me that you've all pretty clearly demonstrated that you have NO confessions from any of the hundreds of people you've accused of falsely manipulating data and NO complaints from any of the thousands of climate scientists for whom that data is a major component of their professional lives. ALL you've got is deniers claiming that the data adjustment must be unjustified because some of it goes in a direction they don't like.

I'm not the one calling for magic photons that we'll just never be able to explain.

Red herring? Logical fallacy all you have crick? The man said that he made up data because he didn't have enough actual data...no getting around it...it is an admission of fabricating data.

It's an admission that climate scientists looking to calculate the average global temperature have to infill areas of sparse data. Big whoop. It is not a confession of wrong doing. You fail.

Allow me to add that what Jones is talking about are NOT the adjustments you've all been claiming to be unjustified. Those adjustments have taken place for the most part in areas well represented in the instrument record. Jones is talking about areas with poor coverage - a long known problem.

You need to get your story straight.

Sorry guy....liquid helium can cool to sub 2k temperatures. I know you want the second law to be false, but it just isn't....
you never considered the fact that devices using liquid helium can be cooled to temperatures lower than 4k.
and devices capable of detecting CMB certainly do have such cooling systems installed.
Still cherry-picking the problem I see.

Yes, of course some of the later more sophisticated experiments used lower temperatures detectors. But the first discovery of the CMB by A. A. Penzias and R. A. Wilson was done with a detector using liquid helium temperatures. It was documented in their paper. Also, other earlier measurements were at liquid helium temperature detectors.

Finally the one thing you keep blocking your eyes and ears and shout la-la-la about is that no matter what the detector temperature is, the antenna is still at ambient temperature 300 degrees warmer than the CMB source. That is a fundamental point that destroys any argument you might conjure up.

Thermal radiation from a 2.7 K source has been observed and measured to hit huge antennas at 300 K.

That proves that radiation energy can move from a cold object to a warmer one.

The second law is still valid but not the way you state it.

It's an admission that climate scientists looking to calculate the average global temperature have to infill areas of sparse data. Big whoop. It is not a confession of wrong doing. You fail.

Allow me to add that what Jones is talking about are NOT the adjustments you've all been claiming to be unjustified. Those adjustments have taken place for the most part in areas well represented in the instrument record. Jones is talking about areas with poor coverage - a long known problem.

I am perfectly aware of what he was talking about...and am equally aware that you are a lying sack who will attempt, no matter how poorly, to defend the indefensible actions of the priests of your cult.

Data tampering is a whole other issue which will also bite you all in the ass in the not to distant future.

Still cherry-picking the problem I see.
There is no problem...the devices were cooled to a temperature lower than 2.75k...simple as that.

Yes, of course some of the later more sophisticated experiments used lower temperatures detectors. But the first discovery of the CMB by A. A. Penzias and R. A. Wilson was done with a detector using liquid helium temperatures. It was documented in their paper. Also, other earlier measurements were at liquid helium temperature detectors.

Sorry guy...sub 2k temperatures have been possible using liquid helium for some time...all you need do is pump the stuff through a system...liquid helium just sitting is around 4k...

Finally the one thing you keep blocking your eyes and ears and shout la-la-la about is that no matter what the detector temperature is, the antenna is still at ambient temperature 300 degrees warmer than the CMB source. That is a fundamental point that destroys any argument you might conjure up.

The antenna is not doing the measuring...and all that was measured was what hit the cooled instrument...you lose again.

SSDD uses Satan's thermodynamics.

No matter how you dice it, I am the one who accepts the statement of the second law...it is you and yours who claim that it says something that it doesn't...much like you claim that climate scientists aren't fabricating data when they state clearly that they are fabricating data. Liars will be liars.

1934959_10205601319771776_2978929465008192949_n.jpg

Winter heat wave to bring threat of tornadoes to Deep South

Sorry guy...sub 2k temperatures have been possible using liquid helium for some time...all you need do is pump the stuff through a system...liquid helium just sitting is around 4k...
Of course. But absolutely not with the first discovery.

The first discovery of the CMB by A. A. Penzias and R. A. Wilson was done with a detector using
liquid helium temperatures. It was documented in their paper.

The antenna is not doing the measuring...and all that was measured was what hit the cooled instrument...you lose again.
Yes. It hit the antenna before it was measured. But nevertheless....
Thermal radiation from the 2.7 K source must have hit huge antennas at 300 K.
That proves that radiation energy can move from a cold object to a warmer one.

Last edited:
No matter how you dice it, I am the one who accepts the statement of the second law
You are the only one who uses refrigerator thermodynamics to explain radiation thermodynamics. That is so ignorant.

I am perfectly aware of what he was talking about...and am equally aware that you are a lying sack who will attempt, no matter how poorly, to defend the indefensible actions of the priests of your cult.

Data tampering is a whole other issue which will also bite you all in the ass in the not to distant future.

But you've added absolutely nothing to the discussion here. No facts. No reasoning. No evidence. No logic. Just insults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back