Pitbulls...

Still waiting on that percentage of pit bulls who attack

You can wait till the cows come home.

People are cherry picking dog bite stories. And seriously? If you dig into most of them, you find that the dog was terribly abused first.

If dogs could talk you'd probably hear some pretty horrific shit.

Yea the stories don't mean much unless there's some numbers behind them. I just want to know if anyone has the percent chance that if you have a pit bull, he will attack a person.

They're not anywhere.

So, basically, your stance is that pitbulls are 'terribly abused,' far, far more than any other dog and that is why 60% of all deadly dog attacks are done by pitbulls? Right. You betcha.

Got a little reading comprehension there, Alice? Seems you're even dumber than your picture....backtrack and read about how you get ahold of the dog's collar in the first place ya racist punk. :eusa_angel:

Oh, now I am a racist? I'd love to hear the reasons behind that bit of invented nonsense.

Why not? You're a cracker from Alabama....dumbest humps in the country...you don't know shit from shinola about dogs.....too dumb to remember what you read five minutes ago, I'd be surprised if you could light that ceegar you're sucking on without assistance. Face it boy, you were reduced to calling a man who's clearly your superior in all ways a "pretender"...you and Swallow should move someplace where they let gay racists wed...you two are a matched set. :lol:

My superior? LMAO! That is rich. Yeah, thanks for the laugh with my morning coffee.

You'd be hard pressed to show me as either a cracker or dumb. I'd be happy to match intellects with you any day. But I doubt you have the balls for that.

But feel free to keep trying to prove your "superiority". Those with an inferiority complex typically need to prove themselves. I see you do so by trying to be an internet badass and a troll. I find it amusing.

People are cherry picking dog bite stories. And seriously? If you dig into most of them, you find that the dog was terribly abused first.

Yea the stories don't mean much unless there's some numbers behind them. I just want to know if anyone has the percent chance that if you have a pit bull, he will attack a person.

They're not anywhere.

So, basically, your stance is that pitbulls are 'terribly abused,' far, far more than any other dog and that is why 60% of all deadly dog attacks are done by pitbulls? Right. You betcha.

Thats really what you got from what I said?

Pretty weird.

They're not anywhere.
Most Recent U.S. Dog Bite Statistics - Fatal and Serious Injury Statistics - DogsBite.org

Chart Key
% Deaths Dog Breed

60% (151) Pit bull
13% (32) Rottweiler
4% (10) Husky
4% (10) Mixed breed
3.6% (9) American bulldog
3.6% (9) German shepherd
3% (8) Mastiff/bullmastiff
2% (5) Boxer
1.6% (4) Malamute
1.6% (4) Labrador
3.6% (3 and less) Combination*

60% of all dog attacks that result in DEATH are by pitbulls. What more does anyone need to know? These dogs are not fit to be living within the human community. They put everyone at risk. All other deadly dog attacks combined are not as much as deadly pitbull attacks combined.

This doesn't show the percent of pit bulls who attack.

It shows the percent of total attacks done by pit bulls.

They're not anywhere.
Most Recent U.S. Dog Bite Statistics - Fatal and Serious Injury Statistics - DogsBite.org

Chart Key
% Deaths Dog Breed

60% (151) Pit bull
13% (32) Rottweiler
4% (10) Husky
4% (10) Mixed breed
3.6% (9) German shepherd
2% (5) Boxer
1.6% (4) Malamute
1.6% (4) Labrador

60% of all dog attacks that result in DEATH are by pitbulls. What more does anyone need to know? These dogs are not fit to be living within the human community. They put everyone at risk. All other deadly dog attacks combined are not as much as deadly pitbull attacks combined.

If you want some kind of specific information, do the research yourself. It's just pitiful to expect others to do it for you.

They're not anywhere.

Chart Key
% Deaths Dog Breed

60% (151) Pit bull
13% (32) Rottweiler
4% (10) Husky
4% (10) Mixed breed
3.6% (9) German shepherd
2% (5) Boxer
1.6% (4) Malamute
1.6% (4) Labrador

Asshat... The only way that Statistic is looking good for Pitbulls is if they are 60% of the Dog Population... :thup:

Holy Shit, you are really in Rare form lately with your Ability to Excuse some Fucked-up Shit...

Sucker Punching Faggot. :rofl:

:)

peace...

They're not anywhere.

The research done by the CDC shows pits are not the terrors they are claimed to be in this thread. I trust them more than sensationalistic media.

Try this little game and see if you can identify the actual pit bull terrier: findpitbull_v4

The American Temperament Testing Society lists pits as in the 80% range, which is higher than the average breed for temperament.

I have seen figures as high as 75% concerning misidentification of pit bulls.

Pits are even used as Therapy dogs in hospitals and nursing homes. Pit Bulls Are Therapy Dogs

The fact that a tiny percentage of any breed attacks is not even close to a reason to malign an entire breed. And when the breed is misidentified as often as pits, it becomes even more ridiculous.

They're not anywhere.

% Deaths Dog Breed - 2005-2012

60% (151) Pit bull
13% (32) Rottweiler
4% (10) Husky
4% (10) Mixed breed
3.6% (9) German shepherd
2% (5) Boxer
1.6% (4) Malamute
1.6% (4) Labrador

Report: U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities January 2006
to December 2008
A 2009 report issued by DogsBite.org shows that 19 dog breeds contributed to 88 deaths in a recent 3-year period. Pit bulls accounted for 59% followed by rottweilers with 14%.

Of the 88 fatal dog attacks recorded by DogsBite.org, pit bull type dogs were responsible for 59% (52). This is equivalent to a pit bull killing a U.S. citizen every 21 days during this 3-year period.
The data also shows that pit bulls commit the vast majority of off-property attacks that result in death. Only 18% (16) of the attacks occurred off owner property, yet pit bulls were responsible for 81% (13

U.S. Dog Bite Statistics - DogsBite.org

And who identified the dogs as pit bulls?

Difficulty of Breed Identification | Stop BSL

Chart Key
% Deaths Dog Breed

60% (151) Pit bull
13% (32) Rottweiler
4% (10) Husky
4% (10) Mixed breed
3.6% (9) German shepherd
2% (5) Boxer
1.6% (4) Malamute
1.6% (4) Labrador

Asshat... The only way that Statistic is looking good for Pitbulls is if they are 60% of the Dog Population... :thup:

Holy Shit, you are really in Rare form lately with your Ability to Excuse some Fucked-up Shit...

peace...

In 1986–87 there were about 1–2 million pit bulls in the U.S., approximately 2% of the dogs in the country, and in 2004 there were at least 2 million pit bulls in the U.S

In 2004, approximately 2% of the dogs in the US were pitbulls. These 2% were the cause of 60% of the dog attacks resulting in death. Again, how much more does anyone need to know???

They're not anywhere.

60% (151) Pit bull
13% (32) Rottweiler
4% (10) Husky
4% (10) Mixed breed
3.6% (9) German shepherd
2% (5) Boxer
1.6% (4) Malamute
1.6% (4) Labrador

to December 2008
A 2009 report issued by DogsBite.org shows that 19 dog breeds contributed to 88 deaths in a recent 3-year period. Pit bulls accounted for 59% followed by rottweilers with 14%.

Of the 88 fatal dog attacks recorded by DogsBite.org, pit bull type dogs were responsible for 59% (52). This is equivalent to a pit bull killing a U.S. citizen every 21 days during this 3-year period.
The data also shows that pit bulls commit the vast majority of off-property attacks that result in death. Only 18% (16) of the attacks occurred off owner property, yet pit bulls were responsible for 81% (13

This is just another pathetic excuse made by shameless people who don't care how many innocent people, especially children, are torn apart by these vicious dogs.

60% (151) Pit bull
13% (32) Rottweiler
4% (10) Husky
4% (10) Mixed breed
3.6% (9) German shepherd
2% (5) Boxer
1.6% (4) Malamute
1.6% (4) Labrador

to December 2008

This is just another pathetic excuse made by shameless people who don't care how many innocent people, especially children, are torn apart by these vicious dogs.

LMAO!! My post is shameless?

Your link is to a website created by a woman who was mauled by a pit. And her stats claim that 96% of all dog bites are by pure breed dogs? You really think that is valid?

I go with the experts. The CDC disagrees with your info.

Did you take the challenge of the link I posted to identify the pit bull?

I think there's ample evidence that Pits are a dangerous breed of dog.....all dogs can be made menacing with abuse or neglect. But I doubt you'll find hundreds of accounts of a collie or golden retriever ripping innocent bystanders or even family members apart for no apparent reason other than they were around when the thing went off.....to wit:

https://www.google.com/#q=pit+bull+attacks

That's because typically, ignorant, criminal people don't gravitate towards collies and golden retrievers.

If they did, then collies and golden retrievers would be the ones *going off*.

All animals are potentially dangerous, and the more powerful they are the more potential they have to be deadly.

But pits don't just explode for no reason. If a pit isn't safe, it's because it was raised wrong.

I agree. The vast majority of pits I know are awesome, I love the breed. But you have idiots breeding dogs to sell to people that have no business owning a dog. Or any living thing. I wish the Pit Bull community would take their breed's image more seriously and stop trying to promote them as a cool tough breed - have you ever looked at some of the breeder websites? They do their breed no favors :(

That occurs with every breed, not just pits.

peace...

In 1986–87 there were about 1–2 million pit bulls in the U.S., approximately 2% of the dogs in the country, and in 2004 there were at least 2 million pit bulls in the U.S

In 2004, approximately 2% of the dogs in the US were pitbulls. These 2% were the cause of 60% of the dog attacks resulting in death. Again, how much more does anyone need to know???

In addition to questioning how the dogs were identified as pit bulls, I would question who counted the actual pit bull terriers in the US.

But if we use your highly suspect numbers, 2 million dogs and 151 attacks, that means 0.008% of the pit bulls in this country have reportedly attacked someone

So 99.992% of pit bulls have never attacked. And you want the breed banned for that?

Wow. Just wow.

LMAO!! My post is shameless?

Your link is to a website created by a woman who was mauled by a pit. And her stats claim that 96% of all dog bites are by pure breed dogs? You really think that is valid?

I go with the experts. The CDC disagrees with your info.

Did you take the challenge of the link I posted to identify the pit bull?

When the dogs are killed and taken to the vet, they are identified as pits. If they are not purebred but 90 or 80 or 70 percent pit, it makes no difference, they are mostly pit. Why would anyone defend them? Wait unitl your daughter's pit attacks her or one of children, or even you, then you'll change your tune.

They're not anywhere.

60% (151) Pit bull
13% (32) Rottweiler
4% (10) Husky
4% (10) Mixed breed
3.6% (9) German shepherd
2% (5) Boxer
1.6% (4) Malamute
1.6% (4) Labrador

to December 2008

So 151 fatalities over a period of 7 years and some folks want to decimate a breed of dog?

How many fatalities over the same period from guns? How about cars? How about bad food from restaurants?

Man..the things people obsess over really makes you think.

60% (151) Pit bull
13% (32) Rottweiler
4% (10) Husky
4% (10) Mixed breed
3.6% (9) German shepherd
2% (5) Boxer
1.6% (4) Malamute
1.6% (4) Labrador

to December 2008

50 children a year are killed by their cribs. A child is 25 times more likely to die because of a crib than because of a pit bull.

I think dog attacks are WAY Higher than Reported... I know of many in my Life that were never Reported... And so does everyone else on this Thread.

Or how about the Attacks that were Stopped short of a 3 Year Old being Mauled?...

peace...

Chart Key
% Deaths Dog Breed

60% (151) Pit bull
13% (32) Rottweiler
4% (10) Husky
4% (10) Mixed breed
3.6% (9) German shepherd
2% (5) Boxer
1.6% (4) Malamute
1.6% (4) Labrador

peace...

You're a fucking moron, nobody questions that.

& it does matter. It matters quite a bit.

Say, for example, there are 50million dogs in America.

Of those, 2% are pitbulls. So, there are a million pit bulls.

So using her numbers, 251 total deaths (her numbers add to 245, but her site says 251).

This is over a 7 year period.

6% of 251 = 150.6, or 151 rounded up.

So if there ARE 1 million pit bulls, the chances of one killing are 151 into one million, or 0.0151%.

That's why the numbers matter, but having an adult conversation with YOU is like pulling teeth, 1. because you're retarded. 2. because you're flat out fucking dumb. 3. you're just a dishonest troll.

Now, I was asking about the numbers because they do, indeed - matter.

WHY? Because if you have less of a chance of getting bit by a pit bull than getting struck by lightning, then this is reactionary bullshit due to media hype. Numbers, math, facts, data. They all matter.

They're not anywhere.

60% (151) Pit bull
13% (32) Rottweiler
4% (10) Husky
4% (10) Mixed breed
3.6% (9) German shepherd
2% (5) Boxer
1.6% (4) Malamute
1.6% (4) Labrador

to December 2008

So 151 fatalities over a period of 7 years and some folks want to decimate a breed of dog?

How many fatalities over the same period from guns? How about cars? How about bad food from restaurants?

Man..the things people obsess over really makes you think.

Numbers are hard for some people.

Forum List

Back