Pitbulls...

And I haven't even made my decision.

My choice is : more information is necessary to form an honest opinion.

To morons, that is "dismissing it."

To intelligent people, this is being pragmatic.

Most Recent U.S. Dog Bite Statistics - Fatal and Serious Injury Statistics - DogsBite.org

% Deaths Dog Breed - 2005-2012

60% (151) Pit bull
13% (32) Rottweiler
4% (10) Husky
4% (10) Mixed breed
3.6% (9) American bulldog
3.6% (9) German shepherd
3% (8) Mastiff/bullmastiff
2% (5) Boxer
1.6% (4) Malamute
1.6% (4) Labrador
3.6% (3 and less) Combination*

60% of all dog attacks that result in DEATH are by pitbulls. What more does anyone need to know? These dogs are not fit to be living within the human community. They put everyone at risk. All other deadly dog attacks combined are not as much as deadly pitbull attacks combined.

Report: U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities January 2006
to December 2008
A 2009 report issued by DogsBite.org shows that 19 dog breeds contributed to 88 deaths in a recent 3-year period. Pit bulls accounted for 59% followed by rottweilers with 14%.

Of the 88 fatal dog attacks recorded by DogsBite.org, pit bull type dogs were responsible for 59% (52). This is equivalent to a pit bull killing a U.S. citizen every 21 days during this 3-year period.
The data also shows that pit bulls commit the vast majority of off-property attacks that result in death. Only 18% (16) of the attacks occurred off owner property, yet pit bulls were responsible for 81% (13

U.S. Dog Bite Statistics - DogsBite.org

So 151 fatalities over a period of 7 years and some folks want to decimate a breed of dog?

How many fatalities over the same period from guns? How about cars? How about bad food from restaurants?

Man..the things people obsess over really makes you think.

Numbers are hard for some people.

I'd like to get rid of all the guns too. These are 151 unnecessary deaths, usually children or the most vulnerable adults, elderly people. It is completely unnecessary. People do not need to own pitbulls. Pathetic to support this breed.

Numbers are hard for some people? Clear thinking is hard for many. These stats are just about 'deadly' attacks. They don't include where the dog rips off half your face or takes off an arm or two, like in the OP. Funny. You forgot about that, eh? At least the poor woman isn't dead. She just lost one of her arms and half of another, and has dog bites all over her body. Lucky her.

Last edited:
2-year-old special needs boy killed by trio of pit bulls*after dogs start to fight in babysitter?s Arizona home* - NY Daily News

The toddler was with his siblings at the babysitter's Gilbert home when the dogs began to fight. The boy somehow got trapped in the middle when they attacked, and the frantic babysitter was seriously injured trying in vain to pull him free.

Pack of stray dogs brutally attacks Houston woman, causing heart attack - NY Daily News
A pack of wild dogs mauled a Houston woman on her way to work Monday morning, leaving her in critical condition.

Maria Arcos, 52, was walking under an overpass when the pack of at least 15 strays ramped up their bloodcurdling barks into bitter bites.

VIDEO: Dog dumped down Houston sewer, set on fire and left to burn to death* - NY Daily News

Grainy security footage captured the horrific killing of the pit bull Saturday morning. Cops were speaking Monday morning to ‘persons of interest’ in the case, including the dog owner's son.
Boy, 6, carrying Burger King bag mauled by pit bull in Queens* - NY Daily News

The pit bull tore into the boy's leg and didn't let go until a bystander attacked the dog with a metal pipe.

Florida mom mauled while shielding 6-year-old daughter from pack of pit bulls* - NY Daily News

Police said the woman shielded her young daughter and told her to run after the pack of dogs pounced.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...survives-brutal-ear-cutting-article-1.1490462
The Pennsylvania pit bull was reportedly being trained to be a fighting dog. He was abandoned in Upper Darby and taken to Stoney Creek Veterinarian Hospital, bleeding profusely from both ears ... An 8-week-old puppy was found nearly bleeding to death on Wednesday after its ears were cut off.
puppy20n-1-web.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...d-recover-tossed-moving-car-article-1.1462890
A yellow lab puppy tossed from a moving car suffered broken bones and bruises, but ‘Frankie’ expected to heal and needs new home, Pa. animal volunteers say

IMO, most dogs are better than some of their human owners and most of the problems with dogs are caused by humans.

And, of course, its not just dogs.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/kitten-survives-toss-floor-window-article-1.1312470

The five-week-old feline Precious landed on her feet after being flung out of a window following a dispute between the owner and her ex-boyfriend.
kitten-thrown.jpg

And, its not just domesticated animals. Watch the "reality" shows about animals attacking people and every single time, its the human's fault for being really really stupid.

So 151 fatalities over a period of 7 years and some folks want to decimate a breed of dog?

How many fatalities over the same period from guns? How about cars? How about bad food from restaurants?

Man..the things people obsess over really makes you think.

I'd like to get rid of all the guns too. These are 151 unnecessary deaths, usually children or the most vulnerable adults, elderly people. It is completely unnecessary. People do not need to own pitbulls. Pathetic to support this breed.

I'm not supporting the breed. I'm not being against the breed. I believe the data at this point is unclear.

It's pathetic to be reactionary instead of visionary. Numbers matter. If there are 17, 000 murders in the US a year, should we say that "it's pathetic to support human beings in the United States?"

No, because the vast majority of human beings aren't murderers.

And similarly, so far, it looks like the vast majority of pit bulls aren't either.

Reality doesn't matter to you?

You Dismissed it you Sucker Punching Faggot... :thup:

60% of Fatalities by Dog Attacks come from Pitbulls...

You either look up the Stats on what Percentage of the Dog Pop Pitbulls are yourself and then still Realize that 60% is a LOT, or you do your best look like you are on the Pitbull Side of this Debate with your Dismissive post.

The Fact that you have to Announce yourself as "Intelligent" Speaks Volumes to just how Stupid your Pre-Op ass is there, Boob. :rofl:

:)

peace...

I'm not supporting the breed. I'm not being against the breed. I believe the data at this point is unclear.

It's pathetic to be reactionary instead of visionary. Numbers matter. If there are 17, 000 murders in the US a year, should we say that "it's pathetic to support human beings in the United States?"

And similarly, so far, it looks like the vast majority of pit bulls aren't either.

Liberals who Attempt to be Neutral on an Issue they so Clearly are NOT Neutral on are Beyond Pathetic...

peace...

Liberals who Attempt to be Neutral on an Issue they so Clearly are NOT Neutral on are Beyond Pathetic...

peace...

Let the adults talk. You cant even keep an intelligent discussion in your own damn thread you pathetic louse.

Numbers matter. You're just d-u-m-b, we know dude. We know.

This is the perfect picture of poor logic. There is no correlation between human beings and dogs. We are not talking about getting rid of human beings. We are talking, I am talking, about getting rid of an unncessary element that is causing harm to human beings in civilized society. To try to make a logical connection betwen pitbulls and humans is ludicrous and as logic, completely failure. Are you going to start comparing the pest control problem of rats, cockroaches, etc. to human beings too? Essentially, pitbulls are a pest control problem. They cause harm to civilized people and need to be eliminated as much as possible, just like rats, just like cockroaches. They have no value to society, none whatsoever.

You Dismissed it you Sucker Punching Faggot... :thup:

60% of Fatalities by Dog Attacks come from Pitbulls...

You either look up the Stats on what Percentage of the Dog Pop Pitbulls are yourself and then still Realize that 60% is a LOT, or you do your best look like you are on the Pitbull Side of this Debate with your Dismissive post.

The Fact that you have to Announce yourself as "Intelligent" Speaks Volumes to just how Stupid your Pre-Op ass is there, Boob. :rofl:

peace...

So stupid it hurts.

The 60% number is quite insignificant without other data - dumb fuck.

It only tells you: pit bulls' temperament vs. other breeds.

It doesn't tell you: pit bulls' temperament.

I know already that you don't know the difference between those two. Because you're an idiot.

This is the perfect picture of poor logic. There is no correlation between human beings and dogs. We are not talking about getting rid of human beings. We are talking, I am talking, about getting rid of an unncessary element that is causing harm to human beings in civilized society. To try to make a logical connection betwen pitbulls and humans is ludicrous and as logic, completely failure. Are you going to start comparing the pest control problem of rats, cockroaches, etc. to human beings too? Essentially, pitbulls are a pest control problem. They cause harm to civilized people and need to be eliminated as much as possible, just like rats, just like cockroaches. They have no value to society, none whatsoever.

I compared a % chance of something happening - and the subsequent reaction

To a % chance of something happening - and the subsequent reaction

It is piss poor logic to not look into whether not a breed is vicious before getting rid of it. If only 0.008% of the breed kill in a seven year period, it would be a pretty retarded thing to do. Especially since it's a living thing, the deaths are avoidable in many cases, and soo00o0oo0oo0o many other, NON LIVING things are WAY more dangerous. Like, driving.

It is piss poor logic to not look into whether not a breed is vicious before getting rid of it. If only 0.008% of the breed kill in a seven year period, it would be a pretty retarded thing to do. Especially since it's a living thing, the deaths are avoidable in many cases, and soo00o0oo0oo0o many other, NON LIVING things are WAY more dangerous. Like, driving.

^Look... The Wigger could have done the Math earlier on... But he wants to Appear like's Educated... Thoughtful... Objective... Like he wants to Appear like he's Urban when he's got his Rapper Costume on...

Sucker Punching Faggot. :thup:

peace...

I find absolutely nothing intelligent nor pragmatic about your take on the subject.

But that's just one man's opinion.

If you're not going to explain, this post is worthless trolling.

I tried to explain already and failed. Apparently the mountain of ignorance was too steep even for me.

That's a concession mani, thanks boss.

The ignorance is yours. You're apparently in favor of jumping to conclusions like the rest of the idiots without any factual data to make a reasonable conclusion.

That is, indeed, ignorance.

^Look... The Wigger could have done the Math earlier on... But he wants to Appear like's Educated... Thoughtful... Objective... Like he wants to Appear like he's Urban when he's got his Rapper Costume on...

Sucker Punching Faggot. :thup:

peace...

Toddler shit ^

If you're not going to explain, this post is worthless trolling.

I tried to explain already and failed. Apparently the mountain of ignorance was too steep even for me.

That's a concession mani, thanks boss.

The ignorance is yours. You're apparently in favor of jumping to conclusions like the rest of the idiots without any factual data to make a reasonable conclusion.

That is, indeed, ignorance.

Hey Slappy... What Conlcusion did I jump to?... :dunno:

peace...

Forum List

Back