Pitbulls...

There is a stretch of beach near us. About a 10 minute drive. I took Karma about a month ago so she could run free in the waves. That section of the beach is owned by Standard Oil company. They have signs all over the fencing but one section has been cut away..just wide enough for a dog or two, and an owner or two, to slide thru. On those signs it says "this is our beach. We are letting you use it. Pick up your dog poop. Keep the beach clean. Control your kids. Have your leash handy. Otherwise..enjoy".

There were dogs all over the place happily playing in the water, none with each other. The sea was keeping them occupied..and the waves. Karma wanted none of it and she LOVES water. She stayed right with me, off the leash. We stayed about 15 minutes and she wouldn't budge. Gracie was not there. She didn't want to be either. She wanted her yard where all Gracies balls are still where she last left them.

I'm a Christian and believe our souls are delivered one place or the other when we pass over. But I also believe dogs are reincarnated....I bet Gracie is a wiggling puppy somewhere this evening...full of piss and vinegar and then sleeping like a rock. I bet you run into her again someday in her new body.....you'll know her and she'll know you if only for a moment. :eusa_angel:

Oh, I believe that myself. Which is why I waited before looking for new pack members when Charlie, Chooch and Fatty died. I was dogless. I hated it. Hated coming home. Hated waking up. Hated being in that cold empty apartment. No wet noses or wagging tails to greet me, no kitty to pat my face with claws sheathed and those claws as big as my palm. Nothing. just emptiness. So..I waited. I got LOTS of dogs out of the pound but none worked out so I found good homes for all of them. I had friends in rescue groups who helped too. I paid for neutering and spaying and adoption fees so much, I got in major trouble with my CC company. I was a walking zombie without my pack. And one gal I never met...she took a malnourished, bone rack of a dog I found at the pound and bottle fed it, took it to the vet (where I helped pay for whatever that dog needed), and turns out she was psychic. She didn't know about Chooch. She didn't know he was a black lab. She didn't know anything about him or me. I was visiting her and the rescued dog one day and out of the blue she said "I have a message for you. From...ChooChoo? Choochy? Black dog. Looked like a lab. He said to tell you he didn't want to leave...but someone else needed him more and he had to die". (He was hit by a truck when the idiot Sister In Law let him out one night without my knowledge, so he could run. He died on the way to the ER). I got goosebumps when she said that. Then I got angry. I yelled at her and said "well, you tell CHOOCH that I needed him MORE. I NEED HIM" and I burst into tears. She just hugged me and said to wait. He will return. And he did. Karma is Chooch. I tease Karma all the time. "Choochy. You came back yellow, and a girl". She just looks at me and smiles the way dogs do. Charlie came back too. He was Gracie. Moki....I don't know who he was or is. He is just Moki. FattyCat sent Pretties just to be ornery, lol.

So yes. I wait. She is not meant to be found yet. Gracie will come back. And if I am meant to find her, then we will be in the right place at the right time. But for now..she is safe, pain free, and in the care of someone I trust explicitly. She is with Jesus.

I kind of feel like that. I wish it was true, that she is waiting for me to find her again. I can't have another dog now for a few more years, but when I'm ready, and out there looking for her, I feel like she will send her soul to a new pup that is born, one I'll come across in my search, and I'll just recognize it. It's like a fairly tale, and probably wishful thinking, but that's kind of how I imagine it.

Pit's weren't bred to be "killers" - they were bred to fight other dogs.

And that aggressiveness carries over to other animals, as well. They were bred to kill or be killed.

Not necessarily Gallant Warrier. Dog to dog aggression is very specific.

Now, I'll add that it is in the best interest of Pitbull lovers and breeders to breed away from dog aggression - dog fighting is illegal.

Most of the pits I know are in my friend's all-breed rescue and live in a large multi-dog and cat pack. The dogs range from a Rottie mix to Chihuahua and they get along just fine.

I'm familiar enough with dog breeds to recognize that some breeds have "jobs". Right now, I own a Great Pyrenees. She lives with the goats, she lives for the goats. That's her job. I admit, I am not the "dog person" my be friend is, but I have had working dogs for years. I am not convinced that a pitbull is the best choice for a family with small children and other animals. If you have a place that needs a protector, sure...that's a good fit for a Pit.

Pit's weren't bred to be "killers" - they were bred to fight other dogs.

And that aggressiveness carries over to other animals, as well. They were bred to kill or be killed.

Not necessarily Gallant Warrier. Dog to dog aggression is very specific.

Now, I'll add that it is in the best interest of Pitbull lovers and breeders to breed away from dog aggression - dog fighting is illegal.

Most of the pits I know are in my friend's all-breed rescue and live in a large multi-dog and cat pack. The dogs range from a Rottie mix to Chihuahua and they get along just fine.
If pitbulls were purposely bred away from aggression, and only those bred to be non-aggressive could be sold, I'd go for the breed to be kept around, but then, most of the people who want pitbulls would no longer want them because the main reason people have them is the status and image of having such an aggressive, dangerous dog. Also, there would probably be a black market of pits who were not legally bred away from aggression, and they'd be mixed with those who are, and we'd have an even worse problem. No, the best solution is get rid of the breed altogether. Wipe them from the face of the Earth. There is absolutely no need for such animals.

Then a girl's father who didn't approve of my kind sent me into a stall with his arabian stud to bring him out....of course the damn thing pinned me on the stall rail until I could barely breathe....when it tried to bite me I caught it between the eyes with a solid right hand....I boxed at Kronk.....I can hit....buckled the things knees and gave me enough space to crawl out between the rails....

Oh, of course. :rolleyes:

Just how much shit can one idiot be full of? :cuckoo:

I don't let my dog around other dogs. She does tend to bite dogs. She's blind and willing to be tail wagging friendly, she draws the line at sniffing. She will not permit another dog to sniff her that's when she's ready to fight.

When she was about six months old and still able to see, a rottweiler growled at her cat. Arwen was a white frenzy at that rottie. Every time he turned she was gone bite an ear, tail, foot, quick as could be until he stopped paying attention to the cat and got on his belly. She was nothing but a white blur.

Moki is cranky. He doesn't do well with other dogs cuz he wants to be alpha. Um. Sorry bubba...but Mommy is Alpha. Still, he tries to sneak and be da boss.
Anyway...Oliver is a blind weiner dog and he gets out once in awhile from the house about 4 doors down. Actually, they are blind dog rescuers (they have 5 blind dogs). Poor Oliver got out more than once and I happened to find him more than once. The first time I got him out of the street with blood all over his nose from running in to stuff, I brought him in the house. I was afraid moki would start crap with Oliver...but he didn't. He went straight up to Oliver and sniffed both eyes. Then he walked away. He knew. Oliver just sat in the doggy bed I made for him and shivered. Karma went and laid next to him and let him sniff her all over. Gracie joined them and it was a regular sniff fest. The cat tried, but Oliver wouldn't allow a cat in the doggy bonding thing. Pretties was quite indignant since she thinks she is a dog too. :lol:
The owner came and fetched him after I left a note on their door.

Last edited:
Exterminate all pits? That I don't agree with. That was suggested with dobies many moons ago. If they had done that, I would never have found Blue. He was a gunmetal blue doberman, full blood. He was about 5 years old, scars all over his head. His owners moved in next door when I lived in the valley, and they asked if I wanted their guard dog. I said let me meet him. So they took me to the abode they were vacating and there he was..locked in a cage full of dog shit, empty water bowl. The top of his head had scars all over it from being pistol whipped, his job was as a rental for junkyards. He was chained...and IN the cage as well. I immediately had tears slip down my face as I approached him, growling and snapping and tugging at his chain to get to me. I put my hands on the bars of the cage and spoke softly to him. I told him he was beautiful. I would never ever hit or hurt him. I would feed him, give him fresh water, let him sleep in my house. One rule. The cat is MINE. I said Cat/MINE quite a few times. During my convo with him, he sat in his own excrement, pointed ears cocked to my voice. He never growled again. Never snapped. He just sat there and listened. So I told the guy yes..I wanted him. I asked Blue if he wanted me, too. He stood up and the guy entered teh cage and unchained him, leashed him, handed me the leash. I stood there and said "I am yours. You are mine. Cat is mine. Don't hurt what is ours" and I took him home. He sat politely in the front seat with me. Soon as I got him home, he saw the cat. But he just looked. Then looked at me and I said MINE. He walked in the house, met Candy, my white sheperd mix, sniffed her, fell in love. They had puppies about a year later. Blue was my lap dog. He licked the bags off the puppies as they came out. He cleaned them. He was a proud papa. I left him with a friend because I had to travel with hubby for a week and when I got back..she sold him to bikers to protect their bikes. I looked everywhere for him. I gave out flyers with a reward. I never found him. I hope he met Gracie and is happy there with her. And I WILL see him again.

Dogs are smart. They can sense things. Dobies are awesome. I am so glad they were not exterminated.

Not to long ago a you tuber that I subscribe was attacked by his pitbull at home, if he had not been armed the dog would have killed him. He said something just snapped in his dog. He's has since gotten two more Pits, WHICH I CAN'T FAULT HIM FOR THAT.

Like I said before...dogs are like people. Some just have a few screws loose....or worse, some kind of anyurism (spelling?), or a brain tumor. They don't just turn bad because they have an agenda. They just have a problem and unfortunately...they have teeth. And jaws. I pity the person they hurt or attack...but I pity the dog too.

See....it took awhile for me to actually talk to the vet the day gracie was put down. THEY thought it was epilepsy. It was a brain tumor after all. She could not be saved. When she was a puppy and I brought her home from the swap meet where she was being sold for 50 bucks, once we got her home, she was afraid of brooms. She was afraid to come in the house. She didn't like being touched on the head at all. You could pet her back, her butt, her chest, her belly. But not her head. It took about 4 years before she would let me kiss her right between the eyes, my hands gently on each side of her head as I kissed her. She was no longer so afraid. But I think those people bonked her with a broom, or hit her on the head, or did some other damage to her brain. It didn't manifest into a tumor until she was 8 years old. So no telling what ANY dog experiences in their lifetime that will turn into something else. Like alzheimers in people. One minute, they are smart business people. The next? Vegetables. Ya just never know.

Exterminate all pits? That I don't agree with. That was suggested with dobies many moons ago. If they had done that, I would never have found Blue. He was a gunmetal blue doberman, full blood. He was about 5 years old, scars all over his head. His owners moved in next door when I lived in the valley, and they asked if I wanted their guard dog. I said let me meet him. So they took me to the abode they were vacating and there he was..locked in a cage full of dog shit, empty water bowl. The top of his head had scars all over it from being pistol whipped, his job was as a rental for junkyards. He was chained...and IN the cage as well. I immediately had tears slip down my face as I approached him, growling and snapping and tugging at his chain to get to me. I put my hands on the bars of the cage and spoke softly to him. I told him he was beautiful. I would never ever hit or hurt him. I would feed him, give him fresh water, let him sleep in my house. One rule. The cat is MINE. I said Cat/MINE quite a few times. During my convo with him, he sat in his own excrement, pointed ears cocked to my voice. He never growled again. Never snapped. He just sat there and listened. So I told the guy yes..I wanted him. I asked Blue if he wanted me, too. He stood up and the guy entered teh cage and unchained him, leashed him, handed me the leash. I stood there and said "I am yours. You are mine. Cat is mine. Don't hurt what is ours" and I took him home. He sat politely in the front seat with me. Soon as I got him home, he saw the cat. But he just looked. Then looked at me and I said MINE. He walked in the house, met Candy, my white sheperd mix, sniffed her, fell in love. They had puppies about a year later. Blue was my lap dog. He licked the bags off the puppies as they came out. He cleaned them. He was a proud papa. I left him with a friend because I had to travel with hubby for a week and when I got back..she sold him to bikers to protect their bikes. I looked everywhere for him. I gave out flyers with a reward. I never found him. I hope he met Gracie and is happy there with her. And I WILL see him again.

Dogs are smart. They can sense things. Dobies are awesome. I am so glad they were not exterminated.

That's an amazing story, but very, very sad your 'friend' sold him to bikers. I'd want to kill her. I don't suggest doberman's be exterminated, but they have a role in the human community: pitbulls don't.

That's an amazing story, but very, very sad your 'friend' sold him to bikers. I'd want to kill her. I don't suggest doberman's be exterminated, but they have a role in the human community: pitbulls don't.

Horse shit. I'd rather have pitbulls on earth than mother fucking liberals.

Actually, I did want to kill her. I am ferocious when it comes to my furkids. But I never found HER either. Lucky her.

Oh please. Not politics AGAIN!!!

What's so political about it? that person thinks pitbulls have no value, and I think liberals have even less value to humans.

What's so political about it? that person thinks pitbulls have no value, and I think liberals have even less value to humans.

What would you do if one of your kids was a liberal? Stop loving him? Be abusive? Say he is worthless and has no place on this Earth? Tell him he has no value as a human being? :cuckoo:

Last edited:

What would you do if one of your kids was a liberal? Stop loving him? Be abusive? Say he is worthless and has no place on this Earth? Tell him he has no value as a human being? :cuckoo:
That ain't never going to happen. but yes he would be dead to me.

That ain't never going to happen. but yes he would be dead to me.

That's just pathetic.

Still waiting on that percentage of pit bulls who attack

You can wait till the cows come home.

People are cherry picking dog bite stories. And seriously? If you dig into most of them, you find that the dog was terribly abused first.

If dogs could talk you'd probably hear some pretty horrific shit.

People are cherry picking dog bite stories. And seriously? If you dig into most of them, you find that the dog was terribly abused first.

Yea the stories don't mean much unless there's some numbers behind them. I just want to know if anyone has the percent chance that if you have a pit bull, he will attack a person.

They're not anywhere.

Yea the stories don't mean much unless there's some numbers behind them. I just want to know if anyone has the percent chance that if you have a pit bull, he will attack a person.

They're not anywhere.
http://www.dogsbite.org/dogsbite-recent-dog-bite-statistics.php

% Deaths Dog Breed - 2005-2012

60% (151) Pit bull
13% (32) Rottweiler
4% (10) Husky
4% (10) Mixed breed
3.6% (9) American bulldog
3.6% (9) German shepherd
3% (8) Mastiff/bullmastiff
2% (5) Boxer
1.6% (4) Malamute
1.6% (4) Labrador
3.6% (3 and less) Combination*

60% of all dog attacks that result in DEATH are by pitbulls. What more does anyone need to know? These dogs are not fit to be living within the human community. They put everyone at risk. All other deadly dog attacks combined are not as much as deadly pitbull attacks combined.

Report: U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities January 2006
to December 2008
A 2009 report issued by DogsBite.org shows that 19 dog breeds contributed to 88 deaths in a recent 3-year period. Pit bulls accounted for 59% followed by rottweilers with 14%.

Of the 88 fatal dog attacks recorded by DogsBite.org, pit bull type dogs were responsible for 59% (52). This is equivalent to a pit bull killing a U.S. citizen every 21 days during this 3-year period.
The data also shows that pit bulls commit the vast majority of off-property attacks that result in death. Only 18% (16) of the attacks occurred off owner property, yet pit bulls were responsible for 81% (13

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics.php

Last edited:

Forum List

Back