Pitbulls...

There is so much inbreding now, no telling what is goin on in those doggy heads. I love all animals...but pit bulls scare the bejesus out of me.
With that said...Dobermans and German Shepherds had the same bad rap years ago. Now it is Pits. What's next?

I think there's ample evidence that Pits are a dangerous breed of dog.....all dogs can be made menacing with abuse or neglect. But I doubt you'll find hundreds of accounts of a collie or golden retriever ripping innocent bystanders or even family members apart for no apparent reason other than they were around when the thing went off.....to wit:

https://www.google.com/#q=pit+bull+attacks

That's because typically, ignorant, criminal people don't gravitate towards collies and golden retrievers.

If they did, then collies and golden retrievers would be the ones *going off*.

All animals are potentially dangerous, and the more powerful they are the more potential they have to be deadly.

But pits don't just explode for no reason. If a pit isn't safe, it's because it was raised wrong.

Ample evidence says they do....plus they have very strong jaws, are oblivious to pain when in the attack mode (they wag their tails while they fight), and can jump like Michael Jordan if you try to climb a tree or a fence to get away from them. They were never intended to be a family dog nor were Rottweilers...trying to adapt them to a life around kids or the elderly is asking for a nightmare. I don't blame Pitbull owners for defending their pets....it's understood you would differ with what's becoming accepted fact.....the proof of that is communities banning them and insurance companies dropping homeowners coverage if a Pit or Rottie is the family pet. Like I said earlier, these dogs can live a sedate and friendly life for YEARS and then that moment comes when you have a killer in your midst.

I think there's ample evidence that Pits are a dangerous breed of dog.....all dogs can be made menacing with abuse or neglect. But I doubt you'll find hundreds of accounts of a collie or golden retriever ripping innocent bystanders or even family members apart for no apparent reason other than they were around when the thing went off.....to wit:

That's because typically, ignorant, criminal people don't gravitate towards collies and golden retrievers.

All animals are potentially dangerous, and the more powerful they are the more potential they have to be deadly.

But pits don't just explode for no reason. If a pit isn't safe, it's because it was raised wrong.

It has been said that nice people don't need a mean dog. This day and age, I'm not sure I totally agree. But certainly people need a dog that is not going to turn on them and/or the children.

I would say that 75% of killer dogs are from bad owners wanting a bad ass dog (in short, bad role models training them to be vicious). 25% is from bad breeding. Dogs are like people. Some are just born with a few screws loose....that has very sharp teeth.

Hell, a chihuahua can turn on ya. And those little nippers can take a pretty good chunk out of an ankle...or arm.
The scarey thing about pits is..once those jaws lock on....not even a crow bar will get them unlatched.

And packs of dogs abandoned...they form packs. Anyone is free game. Even other dogs.

There is so much inbreding now, no telling what is goin on in those doggy heads. I love all animals...but pit bulls scare the bejesus out of me.
With that said...Dobermans and German Shepherds had the same bad rap years ago. Now it is Pits. What's next?

We grew up believing Dobermans had too small a cranium for their brain when full-grown so they lived with a constant headache. I suppose that could be true...don't know. My contribution here is how to fight one, not to condemn one breed or another. The thing about Dobermans is they usually turn their heads sideways and slash at the throat on a human, while a German Shepherd is a crush-biter....they can snap your femur like a stick. Military K-9 units have never used Pits to my knowledge....too unpredictable to encourage attack. Beleive it or not, the Weimereiner (sp?) is every bit as dangerous as a Doberman...something about the German breeds from a country that likes to jump France every generation or two. :lol:

Last edited:
I was attacked by a dog when I was a girl. Dog shoved me down on the road after I got off the school bus and bit the hell out of my ass. Dog's owner saw what happened and didn't do anything but watch. My dad who was on vacation that day saw it as well. My dad went in the house and got the rifle. Dog, knowing what was coming, ran under neighbor's porch. My dad got down on his belly and shot the dog. Neighbor never said a word about it. Life went on as though it never happened. Last year I told that story to friends. One of them raised a toast to my dad, because what he did 'conveyed that I was worth something.'

Once you have been attacked by a dog, you are never really comfortable around dogs of any breed again. They sense that, just like horses do. I got on a horse one time in my life when I was a girl. I promised myself if I lived through that I would never get on another horse. And I haven't. I wouldn't mind having a Yorkie. If I have a dog, though, I would have to grossly out distance it in both weight and teeth. And those little MFs can be all over you and bite the hell out of you like a Tasmanian devil.

Last edited:
Pit Bulls are no more dangerous than any other dog.

Sure thing mooni....any other little rays of light you'd like to shine on us? :eusa_whistle:

She thinks people should be euthanized. I wonder when it will be her turn.

mellow_zpsb3da8239.png

We grew up believing Dobermans had too small a cranium for their brain when full-grown so they lived with a constant headache. I suppose that could be true...don't know. My contribution here is how to fight one, not to condemn one breed or another. The thing about Dobermans is they usually turn their heads sideways and slash at the throat on a human, while a German Shepherd is a crush-biter....they can snap your femur like a stick. Military K-9 units have never used Pits to my knowledge....too unpredictable to encourage attack. Beleive it or not, the Weimereiner (sp?) is every bit as dangerous as a Doberman...something about the German breeds from a country that likes to jump France every generation or two. :lol:

:lol: Good one!

I think people should be euthanized too. Criminals, and those with uncurable diseases if that is their wish.

Ok. Carry on. This is about pit bull attacks, so sorry. Just had to say something for my friend Noomi.
Anywho...I think there is more to this story none of us know yet. I clicked the link. The woman was 65. Her two twin sons, aged 26 lived there. The house was falling apart. Nothing was being repaired. Maybe that dog was abused. Maybe it wandered the streets many times trying to find food. Maybe, if, possibly. Nobody knows. But now that woman has no arms or hands and a dog is dead. Where the fuck are the twins? Out partying?

I agree. The vast majority of pits I know are awesome, I love the breed. But you have idiots breeding dogs to sell to people that have no business owning a dog. Or any living thing. I wish the Pit Bull community would take their breed's image more seriously and stop trying to promote them as a cool tough breed - have you ever looked at some of the breeder websites? They do their breed no favors :(

I was bit by a chow dog when I was a kid. Didn't stop me from loving dogs. All dogs. But Pits...I avoid. I still donate blankets, love their faces, would cuddle one in a heartbeat while a puppy, but once it got older and it became "in the know" with it's own instincts, I know it would smell the fear on me. So no...no pits for me. Dobies? Oh man. I love dobies. Even karma bites a bit hard when in play mode. She no longer has Gracie to chase and play with so now she wants to do it with me. Poor Karma has no clue my skin is thin, I bleed easily and my joints don't let me roll around like Gracie did. And when I holler OUCH...she is always right there to lick the owie. Karma is the one that pulled me up when I fell. Gracie took off running in fear. Hubby didn't see or hear me fall due to the weed eater he was using. But karma? She came bounding over, stood over me with her big paws on each side of my chest and started down at me. I didn't know what she wanted but finally figured it out. She was waiting for me to wrap my arms around her neck. So I did. And she slowly started backing up. She got me to my feet, then ran off to get a stuffed animal for playtime. She knew she did good.
Karma ia a yellow lab. 80 lbs of yellow lab.

I was attacked by a dog when I was a girl. Dog shoved me down on the road after I got off the school bus and bit the hell out of my ass. Dog's owner saw what happened and didn't do anything but watch. My dad who was on vacation that day saw it as well. My dad went in the house and got the rifle. Dog, knowing what was coming, ran under neighbor's porch. My dad got down on his belly and shot the dog. Neighbor never said a word about it. Life went on as though it never happened. Last year I told that story to friends. One of them raised a toast to my dad, because what he did 'conveyed that I was worth something.'

Once you have been attacked by a dog, you are never really comfortable around dogs of any breed again. They sense that, just like horses do. I got on a horse one time in my life when I was a girl. I promised myself if I lived through that I would never get on another horse. And I haven't. I wouldn't mind having a Yorkie. If I have a dog, though, I would have to grossly out distance it in both weight and teeth. And those little MFs can be all over you and bite the hell out of you like a Tasmanian devil.

Maybe the dog's owner was afraid of his own dog while it was attacking you. I agree about horses....one ran away with me on it's back when I was a squirt.....too high to jump off, reins dragging on the ground....I was hanging onto it's mane for dear life. :lol: It ran across TWO highways with me on it's back....finally I decided to bail and picked a likely looking ditch with some water in it once we were out of the city.....I leaped, a perfect splashdown and the horse never seemed to notice. I had to walk over 4 miles back home.

Then a girl's father who didn't approve of my kind sent me into a stall with his arabian stud to bring him out....of course the damn thing pinned me on the stall rail until I could barely breathe....when it tried to bite me I caught it between the eyes with a solid right hand....I boxed at Kronk.....I can hit....buckled the things knees and gave me enough space to crawl out between the rails....he just stared at me like the prick he was....Naval Commander....all of them hate Marines...and the feeling is mutual. :eusa_angel:

I have a Border Collie / Australian Cattle Dog mix. Very smart dog but one with lots of energy. We take her to the dog park nearly every day and she plays with all breeds of dogs. Most seem to be rescues and of mixed breed.

Two days ago an American Pit bull ran into me as he was playing. I'm 6'2" and 230 pounds and he was maybe 50 pounds. He nearly knocked me over, they are one very powerful breed. That said, he and other Pits play well with others; only one time did we experience an aggressive pit. It was obvious the owner was the problem and in short order every other owner picked up their dog and left.

Fortunately he and his dog never returned (at least when we were present). Fights break out rarely but responsible owners gain fast control of their pets and respond before blood is spilled. Once the people move in the battle is over quickly and the offending dog(s) seem to forgive and forget. Too bad people can't be as civilized as most dogs.

I have a Border Collie / Australian Cattle Dog mix. Very smart dog but one with lots of energy. We take her to the dog park nearly every day and she plays with all breeds of dogs. Most seem to be rescues and of mixed breed.

Two days ago an American Pit bull ran into me as he was playing. I'm 6'2" and 230 pounds and he was maybe 50 pounds. He nearly knocked me over, they are one very powerful breed. That said, he and other Pits play well with others; only one time did we experience an aggressive pit. It was obvious the owner was the problem and in short order every other owner picked up their dog and left.

Fortunately he and his dog never returned (at least when we were present). Fights break out rarely but responsible owners gain fast control of their pets and respond before blood is spilled. Once the people move in the battle is over quickly and the offending dog(s) seem to forgive and forget. Too bad people can't be as civilized as most dogs.

Just keep them on a leash out in public...it's not that difficult. I sometimes encounter a woman with two Chows on my run....she likes the way they intimidate guys I guess...the rust colored one hates the sight of me......paws at the ground as I approach and then comes full-steam at me....drags her a couple feet until she yanks it back....usually within a couple feet of me....finally I displayed the blade I referred to earlier and it wiped the smile off her face....I kept it to my side....didn't menace her, but she got the point...(unintended pun or maybe a metaphor?)....damn thing looks like a small lion. So I decided maybe the blade wasn't putting my mind at ease so now I carry a little .32 revolver when I run...had to show IT last week to a kid with a Pit pulling him toward me....he didn't seem to notice and neither did the Pit....I will not be torn apart as I approach my geezerdom...I'd rather do time with the County then have myself stitched back together. :eusa_hand:

Last edited:
The worst dogs I generally encounter have been Labs attached to clueless owners who think everyone loves their dogs. Several of my dogs are not keen on exhuberant puppies in adult bodies who get into their faces because "they're just being friendly". They aren't. They are rude. The owners don't get it.

The worst dogs I generally encounter have been Labs attached to clueless owners who think everyone loves their dogs. Several of my dogs are not keen on exhuberant puppies in adult bodies who get into their faces because "they're just being friendly". They aren't. They are rude. The owners don't get it.

Labs and Goldies are "soft mouth" breeds.....seldom leave a tooth mark on a duck they swim back with and drop. But they can bite hard alright....my Golden got tired of a Doberman growling at her when she was at an adjoining food bowl. Finally she grabbed the thing by the neck and slammed in on the kitchen floor. We were all standing there with our mouths hanging open...She'd never displayed any kind of behavior like that before....I must say I was real proud of her and made sure she knew it.

Forum List

Back