Plan your garden now.

I started my garden back in March.......today I picked 4 medium "green" tomatoes as I like fried green tomatoes....they were delicious.

I planted about 7 tomato plants, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, banana peppers, yellow squash, zucchini, okra, acorn squash, eggplant, cantaloupe and bush green beens.

Everything is doing just fine. One tomato is already the size of a softball, but it is still green...I'm letting that one turn red, but I'll be taking some green ones from time to time and frying them up. I've picked a couple of jalapeno peppers and a couple of banana peppers. I also have an asparagus bed, and I'm getting a bunch of those, only most of them are pretty skinny....but I get the fatter ones too, but not as many.

These are my tomato plants right after I planted them.
P1010884_zps4n25l360.jpg

These are my tomato plants just a couple of weeks ago....they've grown a bit since then.

20150419_144704_zpsdxkqfwhy.jpg

For the first time in my life I decided to start gardening. I do not know where to start. I want a garden like that. I like plants in pots. I would like to build an alpine hill in my garden. Where do I begin?
depositphotos_6951402-stock-photo-spanish-flowers-garden-detail-in.jpg

For the first time in my life I decided to start gardening. I do not know where to start. I want a garden like that. I like plants in pots. I would like to build an alpine hill in my garden. Where do I begin?
One plant at a time...

One plant at a time...
Technically wouldn't you have to begin with the pot and the dirt before you bought the plant to have a garden like that? :afro:

Clay pots just don't hold up well in my area unless you dump them and bring them indoors over winter. The larger they are, the quicker they fall apart.

One plant at a time...
Technically wouldn't you have to begin with the pot and the dirt before you bought the plant to have a garden like that? :afro:

Clay pots just don't hold up well in my area unless you dump them and bring them indoors over winter. The larger they are, the quicker they fall apart.
I've not had any problems where I live and it freezes here in the winter also..

One plant at a time...

I've not had any problems where I live and it freezes here in the winter also..
Not all pot is created equal.

Forum List

Back