Please Pray. I'm Bill, a homeless dad of 2 teens, living in our car

I'm very sorry you're in the situation where you have to open your life to strangers and take in some very nasty comments. No matter what there are children involved and the pain you've gone through is immense. I can help.. I just need some information if you will inbox me please. No one should find pleasure kicking you when you're down.

If there's one story like this, there's thousands of the same kind in America today. That must be why the kenyan is flooding America with illegal third world trash. He likes to see people living in cars.

Knock of the politics, this is a fellow American and like the old saying goes ..but for the grace of god go I

I'm just trying to help.:D

You're a fucking asshole.

You talking to Bill, because he's the one who's scammed you out of your dough.

Billy, this guy has cancer, he lost his wife and his house.

Are you really that much of a completely heartless human that you would come to this thread and antagonize this man like that?

My guess is that you aren't.

Please be respectful or leave, thanks.

Hey. Don't underestimate the strength of your own willpower...

^
The inspiration for great change can sometimes be found in something as simple as a song...

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF?! Is that what it's come to in a country where so many claim to be Christians?? We're pissed off half the time at the Government for social welfare and then when a homeless man reaches out for help which takes swallowing a lot of pride, he's trashed and insulted for it. I'm really disgusted right now and sick to my stomach.

FOLKS! This is an intro thread, thus there is no flaming allowed. If you wish to debate the merits of this individual case feel free to start a thread in the appropriate forum.

Bill, raise the money - don't ask for help. You can do it and there are 100,000 ways. At the rate you are going, it would take forever anyway.

If it were me, I'd flip a few houses, for you - I would suggest finding an investor for the home with you as part owner. Later on, when you beat your caner, you can buy him out. Hope this helps.

Scott

I have invested in and flipped houses as well as bought for investment/rentals.

It takes enormous time and energy which Bill probably does not have because he had children and cancer.

Bill, raise the money - don't ask for help. You can do it and there are 100,000 ways. At the rate you are going, it would take forever anyway.

If it were me, I'd flip a few houses, for you - I would suggest finding an investor for the home with you as part owner. Later on, when you beat your caner, you can buy him out. Hope this helps.

Scott

It takes enormous time and energy which Bill probably does not have because he had children and cancer.

That's why I suggested that he find someone as an investor to help purchase the house.

PLEASE PRAY FOR US!

WE ARE A HOMELESS FAMILY OF 3 LIVING IN OUR CAR. WE ARE THE FACES OF HOMELESSNESS IN RI. PLEASE READ AND SHARE OUR STORY.

PLEASE READ AND SHARE OUR STORY. PLEASE VISIT AND SHARE OUR LINKS. PLEASE HELP SUPPORT A PROMISE IS A PROMISE BY SPREADING THE WORD AND IF YOU CAN DONATE IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED MORE THAN YOU CAN EVEN IMAGINE. THESE KIDS NEED A ROOF OVER THEIR HEADS AND A SAFE PLACE TO CALL HOME.

OUR STORY: In 2009, my wife was diagnosed with 3 different kinds of terminal cancer. She was so ill, I had to take on the role of Dad and Mom to our two children, whom we were raising in the childhood home of my wife. I tried so hard to keep it together for my family. It was so hard to see my wife suffer and to know the sadness my kids felt knowing their Mom would soon go to heaven. I suffered from a breakdown soon after that. I could no longer work and applied for disability benefits. Our family quickly fell into financial turmoil. On July 1, 2011, my wife lost her battle with cancer and passed away. She was the rock that kept our family together. The grief my kids and I suffered was too much for me to bear and I suffered yet another breakdown. Raising two kids with no income was extremely difficult. My kids had no baskets on Easter, no gifts or cake for their birthdays, no Thanksgiving dinner, no Christmas tree or presents to go underneath, no stockings stuffed with goodies. Although it broke my heart, at least we had each other. On August 1st 2013, I was diagnosed with kidney cancer and on the same exact day received an eviction notice and 30 days to move out. On September 1st 2013, I had surgery to remove my kidney, the same exact day we left our home. With nowhere to go as a family, we were forced to leave all of our belongings behind except for the clothes on our backs. 35 Years of memories lost. For a short time we had to split up, each of us living in separate, temporary homes. We reunited but lived in 7 different places in 8 months. For the past few months, the 3 of us have been living in our car. I have been denied disability benefits four times and am currently in the appeals process. We are only living on food stamps and as of July 1st of this year, I will no longer receive cash assistance from the state and we will be living on only food stamps while I wait to hear the decision from disability. I made a promise to my kids that I would do anything to buy back the home that they were born and raised in, where their Mom was raised and passed away, where they feel safe, secure and close to their Mom. I will be continuing this campaign Until I reach my goal of buying back our family home where we belong.

Please Google the following phrases to find our links so you can review the media coverage and read our story, contact us or make a donation. Please share these links. You can also find me on Facebook "Bill Roche" Thanks for bearing with me, I am not allowed to post links until I have made 15 or more posts.

on YouTube search "dedicated father" and a few results down the page is my video of my plea to America

SEARCH THE FOLLOWING TO FIND THE TWO LINKS TO OUR LOCAL MEDIA COVERAGE ON MY FUNDRAISING EFFORTS
"WARWICK ONLINE HOMELESS FATHER" AND "ABC 6 NEWS RI HOMELESS FATHER"
SEARCH THE FOLLOWING TO FIND LINKS ARE WHERE YOU CAN DONATE

"CROWDRISE A PROMISE IS A PROMISE FUNDRAISER" AND "GO FUND ME A PROMISE IS A PROMISE"

Thank You So Much For The Opportunity To Introduce Myself And Share Our Story!!!

Please Pray For Us!

Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction.

wish you the best Bill for you and your family

the article says you receive food stamps and cash assistance from the state

at that rate of income you must also qualify for housing and medical assistance

personally i would seek to set up a better living arrangements for you and the kids

then work your way back from there

link to housing assistance

Rhode Island Housing: rental assistance

Scott

That's why I suggested that he find someone as an investor to help purchase the house.

flipping houses seems like a logical move considering he was a maintenance engineer

before the cancer came about

WTF?! Is that what it's come to in a country where so many claim to be Christians?? We're pissed off half the time at the Government for social welfare and then when a homeless man reaches out for help which takes swallowing a lot of pride, he's trashed and insulted for it. I'm really disgusted right now and sick to my stomach.

I'm with you! A Christian should be a Christian first, then an American. Help your fellow man first, then worry about the politics on our free time.

C'mon folks, words of support are cool, but cash is better. So who's going to be the first one to send Bill real money, because that's what he wants.

If the opening post is true it is a sad endorsement of the "me me me" society parts of the American public revel in. Reading all the posts just re-enforces my worries about the inmates of the greatest country in the world.

PLEASE PRAY FOR US!

WE ARE A HOMELESS FAMILY OF 3 LIVING IN OUR CAR. WE ARE THE FACES OF HOMELESSNESS IN RI. PLEASE READ AND SHARE OUR STORY.

PLEASE READ AND SHARE OUR STORY. PLEASE VISIT AND SHARE OUR LINKS. PLEASE HELP SUPPORT A PROMISE IS A PROMISE BY SPREADING THE WORD AND IF YOU CAN DONATE IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED MORE THAN YOU CAN EVEN IMAGINE. THESE KIDS NEED A ROOF OVER THEIR HEADS AND A SAFE PLACE TO CALL HOME.

OUR STORY: In 2009, my wife was diagnosed with 3 different kinds of terminal cancer. She was so ill, I had to take on the role of Dad and Mom to our two children, whom we were raising in the childhood home of my wife. I tried so hard to keep it together for my family. It was so hard to see my wife suffer and to know the sadness my kids felt knowing their Mom would soon go to heaven. I suffered from a breakdown soon after that. I could no longer work and applied for disability benefits. Our family quickly fell into financial turmoil. On July 1, 2011, my wife lost her battle with cancer and passed away. She was the rock that kept our family together. The grief my kids and I suffered was too much for me to bear and I suffered yet another breakdown. Raising two kids with no income was extremely difficult. My kids had no baskets on Easter, no gifts or cake for their birthdays, no Thanksgiving dinner, no Christmas tree or presents to go underneath, no stockings stuffed with goodies. Although it broke my heart, at least we had each other. On August 1st 2013, I was diagnosed with kidney cancer and on the same exact day received an eviction notice and 30 days to move out. On September 1st 2013, I had surgery to remove my kidney, the same exact day we left our home. With nowhere to go as a family, we were forced to leave all of our belongings behind except for the clothes on our backs. 35 Years of memories lost. For a short time we had to split up, each of us living in separate, temporary homes. We reunited but lived in 7 different places in 8 months. For the past few months, the 3 of us have been living in our car. I have been denied disability benefits four times and am currently in the appeals process. We are only living on food stamps and as of July 1st of this year, I will no longer receive cash assistance from the state and we will be living on only food stamps while I wait to hear the decision from disability. I made a promise to my kids that I would do anything to buy back the home that they were born and raised in, where their Mom was raised and passed away, where they feel safe, secure and close to their Mom. I will be continuing this campaign Until I reach my goal of buying back our family home where we belong.

Please Google the following phrases to find our links so you can review the media coverage and read our story, contact us or make a donation. Please share these links. You can also find me on Facebook "Bill Roche" Thanks for bearing with me, I am not allowed to post links until I have made 15 or more posts.

on YouTube search "dedicated father" and a few results down the page is my video of my plea to America

SEARCH THE FOLLOWING TO FIND THE TWO LINKS TO OUR LOCAL MEDIA COVERAGE ON MY FUNDRAISING EFFORTS

"CROWDRISE A PROMISE IS A PROMISE FUNDRAISER" AND "GO FUND ME A PROMISE IS A PROMISE"

Thank You So Much For The Opportunity To Introduce Myself And Share Our Story!!!

Please Pray For Us!

Surely Warwick or some other Massachusetts town has some sort of shelter for people in your situation. Or, you can seek out some Christian church in your area and ask for their help. I will certainly pray for you and your children, they need a place to live other than your car, and if you are able to work, I'm sure one of these places can help you find a job. Forget about buying that home back, your main interest should be putting a roof over your children's heads and it doesn't have to be a specific place, most of us have dreams that don't materialize, but we have to make the most of what we have or can have.

God Bless You.

There's ALWAYS help in this country. Suck up some pride and ask. It's there.

I wish and pray that all those that are down on their luck that things will get better. That being said I choose not to use a message board as a means of giving charitable contributions because it is too easy for people to misrepresent themselves. I have been known to give a stranger the money I have in my pocket when approached about a need, so perhaps I've been scammed before.......perhaps not!

I thought the thread title was "I'm Bill, a homeless dad of 2 teens, living in Your car".

hahahaha

Good luck, Bill. I will pray for you.

Dear Bill: Please see if any contacts with this group can help you finance a plan for your house:
http://www.naca.com

The group I promote as a model to help all people become equally independent
property owners and financial managers: Lifestyles Unlimited - The education and mentor group for real estate investors

Are there any microlending nonprofits near you:
AMERICAWORKS.ORG
Grameen Foundation | Connecting the World's Poor to Their Potential

My friend I recommend for all prayer requests for healing or miracles:
Olivia Reiner 713 829 0899 (24 hours prayer hotline, call anytime)

PLEASE PRAY FOR US!

Please Pray For Us!

CLEARLY the rules are too hard for some of you to understand. The next off topic post here gets a week off. The one after that gets two weeks. Etc. etc. etc. Maybe that will cure you of your lack of rule and public admonishment understanding.

C'mon folks, words of support are cool, but cash is better. So who's going to be the first one to send Bill real money, because that's what he wants.

I think he needs a loan against the house to secure it for him and his kids,
and they can work out a plan with a charitable lender for them to pay it back.

I posted the link to http://www.naca.com

Do you know other groups that could microlend to get them in the house faster?

If he understands fiscal responsibility he would seek loans and credit, with
the intention of paying back to help the next person, not handouts that compete
with others looking for that.

FOLKS! This is an intro thread, thus there is no flaming allowed. If you wish to debate the merits of this individual case feel free to start a thread in the appropriate forum.

Perhaps this thread should be moved to another forum. This thread is in an introduction forum, but since the poster is in effect asking for help it would seem that the merits of the individual case is on topic to the op if not the forum. Hope I'm not out of line for pointing this out.

Forum List

Back