CDZ Please someone opposed to Georgia voter bill

Start by telling us why this law is necessary, so rushed, so under wraps.

Like health care reform and the mythical 40 million Americans without insurance?

"We have to pass the bill to see what's in it". -- Nancy Pelosi

Now to fix this your side only need to make sure all those without ID’s have one by next election cycle in Georgia and vote in people who will repeal the law...
It's 2021, 99.999% of the adult population have IDs already.

Yeah, but if the people don’t want the law and they vote someone in to change it, well that is their right.

So as I have told the left they need to help all those voters that lack ID and help them obtain one and let the voter speak in the next election...

I believe you know what could happen and you are not liking what I am suggesting and if it does happen just remember the GOP can only blame themselves and no one else!
Okay, you told them! Not the purpose of the thread, but I guess I'm just as off topic. Since I don't oppose the law, I'm butting out.

Now to fix this your side only need to make sure all those without ID’s have one by next election cycle in Georgia and vote in people who will repeal the law...
It's 2021, 99.999% of the adult population have IDs already.

Yeah, but if the people don’t want the law and they vote someone in to change it, well that is their right.

So as I have told the left they need to help all those voters that lack ID and help them obtain one and let the voter speak in the next election...

I believe you know what could happen and you are not liking what I am suggesting and if it does happen just remember the GOP can only blame themselves and no one else!
Okay, you told them! Not the purpose of the thread, but I guess I'm just as off topic. Since I don't oppose the law, I'm butting out.

It does pertain to the subject of the thread seeing the OP is asking what the left Objects to the Law and the major issue is the voter ID and yet the left can not explain why they refuse to help those that need one?

So we are technically discussing the topic and not attacking each other and you are asking me questions and I am answering.

I have no issue with ID laws and if the left would realize many States require certain laws to vote and yet they are upset with Georgia because MSM again made a big deal about something that really isn’t that big of a deal...

The outrage is because MSM along with Corporate America are trying to convince the voting base this law is racist but when you dig deep into it, well it is not but what the law was intended to do was silence the Trump base instead...

None of you has explained exactly why all of the shit in this law is sooooooo "necessary." Get a move on. Explain. This explanation should include what was wrong with Georgia voting laws before this law was passed and what evidence there is to back this up. What happened in the voting process that resulted in these long lines to vote in the first place? What is the reasoning behind the provision in this law to prohibit these American citizens from being given water and food as they wait in these lines?

The US is a democratic republic. Patriotic Americans want all of our citizens to vote, we work to get out the vote, and want each vote to count. It is shameful that there are people, including here on USMB, who even question who should have the right to vote when it is the right of every citizen to do so. We mock authoritarian states, communist, marxist, nazi for the custom of addressing a person as "comrade," or "citizen," but maybe we are wrong. When each individual is given the ballot, as I have been in a folder, being given that ballot for me to fill out and put into the machine means the question "citizen, what is your will?" I feel honored and proud to fill out my ballot. So many people in the past, women, African-Americans, others, have fought so hard for this right to govern ourselves. Many people even died for it.

Someone opposed to the Georgia law be specific and provide me with the following

1) what EXACTLY are you opposed to in the bill?

2) what EXACTLY in the bill is like Jim Crow laws?

One provision to my understanding is the food and drink one which in my opinion could be solved if the districts make sure the lines are moving and not long.

The only other one is the voter ID but Democrats can get around that by helping all those that need one get one so that during the next election they can vote someone in to repeal the law...

Those are the only two things I can see what they have any issue with...
ID's are free in Georgia under this law. And you v=cam bring your own water or petition the poling place to provide it. with 17 days of in person voting I dont see why lines would be long.

What about Jim Crow? Biden and others have claimed this bill is like Jim Crow laws.
Blacks don't have the same rights as republicans because majority of them vote democratic.

Also Kemp is worried about his reelection.

One provision to my understanding is the food and drink one which in my opinion could be solved if the districts make sure the lines are moving and not long.

The only other one is the voter ID but Democrats can get around that by helping all those that need one get one so that during the next election they can vote someone in to repeal the law...

1. What is wrong with the food & drink stipulation. You do know the idea behind it don't you ?

2. ANYBODY can get a photo ID. Give us a break.

None of you has explained exactly why all of the shit in this law is sooooooo "necessary." Get a move on. Explain. This explanation should include what was wrong with Georgia voting laws before this law was passed and what evidence there is to back this up. What happened in the voting process that resulted in these long lines to vote in the first place? What is the reasoning behind the provision in this law to prohibit these American citizens from being given water and food as they wait in these lines?

The US is a democratic republic. Patriotic Americans want all of our citizens to vote, we work to get out the vote, and want each vote to count. It is shameful that there are people, including here on USMB, who even question who should have the right to vote when it is the right of every citizen to do so. We mock authoritarian states, communist, marxist, nazi for the custom of addressing a person as "comrade," or "citizen," but maybe we are wrong. When each individual is given the ballot, as I have been in a folder, being given that ballot for me to fill out and put into the machine means the question "citizen, what is your will?" I feel honored and proud to fill out my ballot. So many people in the past, women, African-Americans, others, have fought so hard for this right to govern ourselves. Many people even died for it.

No one owes you any explanation until you answer the question by the OP...

Now I will entertain you and in my opinion that’s law was passed to silence the Trump base while not realizing the negative reaction they would garner or possible economic damage from it...

Now with that written why can’t those like you help the voting base in Georgia obtain the proper ID and vote in someone that will change the law?

Blacks don't have the same rights as republicans because majority of them vote democratic.

First of all, this post is ridiculous, because millions of blacks ARE Republicans, and secondly, the rights that blacks have, is MORE than any other group in America, due to Affirmative Action.

First of all, this post is ridiculous, because millions of blacks ARE Republicans, and secondly, the rights that blacks have, is MORE than any other group in America, due to Affirmative Action.

“Basically, the worst-case scenario is that the state legislature does not like the outcome in a county, takes over and puts in a new board, suspends the existing board, does not certify the elections until they are certifying the election results that they want,” Wan says.
Georgia Has Enacted Sweeping Changes to Its Voting Law | Time

Kemp has a reelection in 2022 and he wants all republicans to win the state, and him included.

Start by telling us why this law is necessary, so rushed, so under wraps. There were no circumstances that led up to this law being passed. Who passed it? Why did they pass it? Do not ask why people cannot follow it until you explain why it was so necessary to pass it in the first place.
LOL in other words you can not find anything to object to so are trying to change the subject. This law is less strict the New York or Delaware, as d=for ID I believe 30 plus states require that.
Nice try but no cigar. Explain the actions of Kemp and the rest of the GOP in Georgia. Explain why this law, and each of its provisions, is necessary. Explain why it was proposed. Explain why it was passed and by whom. I note that Georgia voters have sent the Christian pastor Rev. Warnock, an African-American person, and a Jewish gentleman, Mr. Ossoff, to the U.S. Senate to represent the state of Georgia in the Senate.
No if you refuse to participate in the thread leave.

Start by telling us why this law is necessary, so rushed, so under wraps. There were no circumstances that led up to this law being passed. Who passed it? Why did they pass it? Do not ask why people cannot follow it until you explain why it was so necessary to pass it in the first place.
LOL in other words you can not find anything to object to so are trying to change the subject. This law is less strict the New York or Delaware, as d=for ID I believe 30 plus states require that.
Nice try but no cigar. Explain the actions of Kemp and the rest of the GOP in Georgia. Explain why this law, and each of its provisions, is necessary. Explain why it was proposed. Explain why it was passed and by whom. I note that Georgia voters have sent the Christian pastor Rev. Warnock, an African-American person, and a Jewish gentleman, Mr. Ossoff, to the U.S. Senate to represent the state of Georgia in the Senate.

Georgia and freaking mad they voted in 2 Democratic Senators and they made a law changing that.

----------------------------------------------
However, this bill would shorten the period between elections and runoffs from nine weeks to four weeks, and while counties would be able to start early voting "as soon as possible," the bill only requires it be offered Monday through Friday the week before the election -- a much shorter mandate that includes no weekend days. Complicating this further is the possibility that the week lines up with Thanksgiving, when many are traveling. This bill also bans early voting on holidays.
Kemp signs sweeping elections bill passed by Georgia legislature. Here's what's in it. - ABC News (go.com)

Last edited:

I will warn you again, either discuss the thread as started or leave.

Someone opposed to the Georgia law be specific and provide me with the following

ID's are free in Georgia under this law. And you v=cam bring your own water or petition the poling place to provide it. with 17 days of in person voting I dont see why lines would be long.

What about Jim Crow? Biden and others have claimed this bill is like Jim Crow laws.

either answer the questions or leave.

“Basically, the worst-case scenario is that the state legislature does not like the outcome in a county, takes over and puts in a new board, suspends the existing board, does not certify the elections until they are certifying the election results that they want,” Wan says.
Georgia Has Enacted Sweeping Changes to Its Voting Law | Time

Kemp has a reelection in 2022 and he wants all republicans to win the state, and him included.
LOL, if the votes are there a new board can not change the vote tallies.

Georgia and freaking mad they voted in 2 Democratic Senators and they made a law changing that.
be specific and LIST the supposed changes that upset you.

either answer the questions or leave.

They can’t because truthfully they really do not understand what they are mad about...

If they would listen to a less bias source like Smerconish then maybe they would have a better handling on the subject but alas they don’t...

Now let talk about the Voter ID requirement and you do know if the Democrats would do as I suggest then the law would most likely be repealed.

Do I believe the law was needed?

No, and why?

Simple, the fact is William Barr stated not enough fraud was committed to change the outcome of the election, so why create a new law?

Simple, the law was to silence the Trump base so that it look like something was being done.

The amount of people lacking the proper ID in Georgia to vote is around 200k or a little more which is what I heard on Smerconish, and that can sway any election, so Democrats would be upset if it hurt their chances in the next election...

So I can see them getting a little annoyed but again that is a simple fix seeing the ID’s will be for free, so help the voting base obtain one and let the people vote...

New York, Delaware and Colorado have stricter voting laws than Georgia

Doesn’t California also have strict laws?

Doesn’t California also have strict laws?
not really California allows vote harvesting and no checks on mailed ballots.

Forum List

Back