🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Plot thickens: former Russian spy was meeting with all sorts of politicians for 20 years!!!!

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
How on earth did all these people pass mustard with Obama's State Department and DOJ????????????

There were other people at the meeting of course. Goldstone and probably her translator but THIS GUY?

I don't expect Don Jr. to have scoped out who was coming because one doesn't expect a Russian spy to be running around America meeting all sorts of politicians to overthrow the Magnisky Act.

Akhmetshin Was Called a ‘Russian Gun For Hire’ & Also Met With Dana Rohrabacher
good piece from last year on Rinat Akhmetshin, who was also at Trump Jr. meeting Russian 'Gun-For-Hire' Lurks In Shadows Of Washington's Lobbying World

— KevinGHall (@KevinGHall) July 14, 2017

Akhmetshin is a fairly well known figure in lobbying circles in Washington D.C.

A profile story on Akhmetshin described him as “the man at the back of the room who for nearly 20 years has worked the shadowy corners of the Washington lobbying scene on behalf of businessmen and politicians from around the former Soviet Union.”

However, he’s run into controversies before.

According to Radio Free Europe, In 2011, “Akhmetshin was accused of helping to organize a smear campaign against former Russian Duma deputy Ashot Egiazaryan, who had sought political asylum in the United States in the face of criminal charges in Russia related to a business dispute.”

A lawsuit filed in U.S. federal court in Manhattan contained court filing in which “lawyers allege he was enlisted, along with another Washington public-relations company and private investigators, to help publish articles in a Jewish newspaper accusing the deputy of anti-Semitism,” reported Radio Free Europe.

Radio Free Europe dubbed Akhmetshin a Russian “gun for hire.”

He also met with Dana Rohrabacher, the site reported.

“Akhmetshin has paid at least one visit to Congress in connection with new human rights legislation that builds on the earlier Magnitsky Act. Along with Ron Dellums, a former U.S. congressman from California and longtime Washington lobbyist, Akhmetshin visited House member offices on May 17 to meet with Dana Rohrabacher, another California congressman viewed as one of the most sympathetic U.S. officials to Russian causes,” reported Radio Free Europe.

The Hill reported that Rohrabacher was also approached by Russians lobbying against the Magnitsky Act.
“Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, a California Republican with a reputation as a Moscow ally in Congress, told The Hill the information he received in April 2016 came from the chief prosecutor in Moscow and painted an alternative picture of the Russian fraud case that led to the passage of anti-Russia legislation in Congress known as the Magnitsky Act.”

Rinat Akhmetshin: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

How on earth did all these people pass mustard with Obama's State Department and DOJ????????????

There were other people at the meeting of course. Goldstone and probably her translator but THIS GUY?

I don't expect Don Jr. to have scoped out who was coming because one doesn't expect a Russian spy to be running around America meeting all sorts of politicians to overthrow the Magnisky Act.

good piece from last year on Rinat Akhmetshin, who was also at Trump Jr. meeting Russian 'Gun-For-Hire' Lurks In Shadows Of Washington's Lobbying World

A profile story on Akhmetshin described him as “the man at the back of the room who for nearly 20 years has worked the shadowy corners of the Washington lobbying scene on behalf of businessmen and politicians from around the former Soviet Union.”

According to Radio Free Europe, In 2011, “Akhmetshin was accused of helping to organize a smear campaign against former Russian Duma deputy Ashot Egiazaryan, who had sought political asylum in the United States in the face of criminal charges in Russia related to a business dispute.”

A lawsuit filed in U.S. federal court in Manhattan contained court filing in which “lawyers allege he was enlisted, along with another Washington public-relations company and private investigators, to help publish articles in a Jewish newspaper accusing the deputy of anti-Semitism,” reported Radio Free Europe.

“Akhmetshin has paid at least one visit to Congress in connection with new human rights legislation that builds on the earlier Magnitsky Act. Along with Ron Dellums, a former U.S. congressman from California and longtime Washington lobbyist, Akhmetshin visited House member offices on May 17 to meet with Dana Rohrabacher, another California congressman viewed as one of the most sympathetic U.S. officials to Russian causes,” reported Radio Free Europe.

The Hill reported that Rohrabacher was also approached by Russians lobbying against the Magnitsky Act.
“Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, a California Republican with a reputation as a Moscow ally in Congress, told The Hill the information he received in April 2016 came from the chief prosecutor in Moscow and painted an alternative picture of the Russian fraud case that led to the passage of anti-Russia legislation in Congress known as the Magnitsky Act.”

Rinat Akhmetshin: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
Why is this such a big wow for either side? I must be missing something. The Russian attorney, Ms. V. was active in lobbying to lift sanctions. So was Mr. A. It would make sense that he would be the translator, which I take it is what he did? They no doubt knew each other well and she would have no question of his blabbing about the meeting. Right?
So why are left and right alike so excited about this?

Why is this such a big wow for either side? I must be missing something. The Russian attorney, Ms. V. was active in lobbying to lift sanctions. So was Mr. A. It would make sense that he would be the translator, which I take it is what he did? They no doubt knew each other well and she would have no question of his blabbing about the meeting. Right?

Her translator is not a former Russian spy. And by the way I'm being bi partisan on this. The whole "known as a former Russian spy" getting clearance to meet with anyone and everyone iand their mother on Capitol Hill just blows me away.

Here's her translator.

Anatoli Samochornov, a Russia-born professional translator who worked as a part-time contractor for the State Department, worked with Veselnitskaya last year on an effort to roll back the Magnitsky Act, a law passed in 2012 which allows for sanctions against Russians accused of human rights abuses.

Six People Were Involved In The Trump Tower Meeting, But We Only Know About Five Of Them

Her translator is not a former Russian spy. And by the way I'm being bi partisan on this. The whole "known as a former Russian spy" getting clearance to meet with anyone and everyone iand their mother on Capitol Hill just blows me away.

Here's her translator.

Anatoli Samochornov, a Russia-born professional translator who worked as a part-time contractor for the State Department, worked with Veselnitskaya last year on an effort to roll back the Magnitsky Act, a law passed in 2012 which allows for sanctions against Russians accused of human rights abuses.

Six People Were Involved In The Trump Tower Meeting, But We Only Know About Five Of Them
Thanks. This is reaching the point where I'm going to have trouble keeping these folks straight -- I don't do Russian novels either, because those names are unpronounceable for me, even in my head, and I get the characters all jumbled up.

It doesn't really matter to me if Santa Claus was there. No one is going to really squeeze anymore substance out of this meeting than we've got already. We knew the worst the day Donald Jr. released the emails. Yesterday Dad upheld Jr.'s decision to "take the bait" and hold the meeting, knowing what he'd been told.
So I think everything important has already been said.

Damn if it turns out Trump was just one of many politicians to be installed here by the Russians, that would be bad. It took them going for the Presidency for us to catch this? That's bad.

Forum List

Back