Plutocracy at work!

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Capital is desperate to derail any populist notions of taxing to provide benefits ... like education. I'm not a hillary fan, but I actually pray a little that the gop will continue to destroy itself long enough to replace Kennedy, Scalia, Ginsburg ... and Citizens United.

The gop .... running boldly for 1890

Plutocracy...rightwingers...hmm.
What say you about the $85,000,000,000 PER MONTH this administration is providing to continue to prop up WallStreet and the central banks? ... crickets?
You do know that the top 7% wage earners in the past two years have averaged 28% earnings increase - while the bottom 93% averaged 5% loss? Much of this is the benefit of Tarp and the $85Bn a month of our money to prop up the system.
You do know the wealthy have never had it as good as now? Right? Booosh is not President.
You do know that Blacks have it worse in every single category in the past 4 years...you do know that WallStreet has had two record years in a row - at a time during record Welfare and Food Stamp payouts??

Plutocracy...rightwingers? :eusa_eh:
[FLIP] - Heres a nickel kid...go entertain yourself. :eusa_hand:

• Banned
What say you about the $85,000,000,000 PER MONTH this administration is providing to continue to prop up WallStreet and the central banks? ... crickets?
You do know that the top 7% wage earners in the past two years have averaged 28% earnings increase - while the bottom 93% averaged 5% loss? Much of this is the benefit of Tarp and the $85Bn a month of our money to prop up the system.
You do know the wealthy have never had it as good as now? Right? Booosh is not President.
You do know that Blacks have it worse in every single category in the past 4 years...you do know that WallStreet has had two record years in a row - at a time during record Welfare and Food Stamp payouts??

I haven't checked your 'facts' but I don't think they're hyperbole. Your implied conclusion that it is all Obama's fault I do dispute.

The greatest problem facing middle America - that being most of us - is systemic; we live in a Plutocracy. Consider this:

New Congress even wealthier after millionaire freshmen join its ranks ? RT USA

Consider this:

Scalia, Thomas, and the Constitution the Koch Brothers Way | Politicus USA's Archives

I haven't checked your 'facts' but I don't think they're hyperbole. Your implied conclusion that it is all Obama's fault I do dispute....

:lol::lol:
No...my implied point is that you conclude that it is all "rightwingers" fault...and then accuse me of blaming it all on Obama...hilarious.
What I believe?
Call it oligarchy...plutocracy - your pick, we are no longer a Democratic Republic that is for sure. It all began in the 1980's and was put into overdrive in the 90's. The federal government no longer represents us. They serve the central banks, large corporations and other special interest groups. Which is why they need us to be divided...why they work very hard to put the two party's against each other so the sheep [ahem] continue to blame the other side never paying attention to realize their side is equally corrupt.
And keep in mind...this is the same government I wager you want to run our healthcare system?

• Banned

I haven't checked your 'facts' but I don't think they're hyperbole. Your implied conclusion that it is all Obama's fault I do dispute....

No...my implied point is that you conclude that it is all "rightwingers" fault...and then accuse me of blaming it all on Obama...hilarious.
What I believe?
Call it oligarchy...plutocracy - your pick, we are no longer a Democratic Republic that is for sure. It all began in the 1980's and was put into overdrive in the 90's. The federal government no longer represents us. They serve the central banks, large corporations and other special interest groups. Which is why they need us to be divided...why they work very hard to put the two party's against each other so the sheep [ahem] continue to blame the other side never paying attention to realize their side is equally corrupt.
And keep in mind...this is the same government I wager you want to run our healthcare system?

Ahem? So you believe an elected government is less capable of protecting the interests of the American Citizens then a private, unregulated or self regulated, health care industry. Is that correct? I don't.

We agree our nation is no longer a Democratic Republic, the cause for this transition to an oligarchy wherein the rich make and enforce the laws are many - greed and a lust for power being the most obvious.

Keep in mind that the ACA is not a government run system, it is not Federal System either. Those states who chose have established exchanges where the private sector can compete for your dollar and the Federal Government will subsidy the cost of such insurance for those in need. Government regulates an industry known for having 'death panels' and callously putting profit above the lives of the most unfortunate.

• Banned
From the link in the OP

"While US citizens are getting poorer and increasingly applying for food stamps, the nation’s legislators are getting richer. Freshmen members of the 113th Congress have a median net worth that is about $100,000 higher than the net worth of all congressional members combined. All 535 members of Congress are worth an average $966,001 each, according to a new analysis by the Center for Responsive Politics.

"A typical American household has a net worth of about $66,740 – a value that has been declining since the start of the most recent recession. Between 2007 and 2010, the median net worth of American households sank 47.1 percent. Food stamp enrollment increased by 15.5 million since 2009 and recent job creation figures show that low-paying jobs have largely replaced higher paying ones."

Professor Richard Wolff believes it is, and he sums up his brief article by saying the idea of "free trade" is so widely endorsed by elected Republicans and Democrats that it's impossible to even debate the question of whether or not the capitalist's short term, profit driven, and self-interested decisions are actually the cause of our economic problems.

"The economic aim of both major US political parties is, in the end, the same: to protect and reinforce the capitalist system.

"The Republican party does so chiefly by means of a systematic, unremitting demonization of the government. They blame it for whatever ails the capitalist economy. If unemployment grows, they point to government policies and actions, and attack particular politicians for what they did or did not do to stimulate the economy, directing criticism away from the employers who actually deprive workers of their jobs..."

"The Democrats protect and reproduce the system by assigning to the government the task of minimizing the problems that beset capitalism. So, for example, they want the business cycles that are an inherent affliction of capitalism to be foreseen, planned for, minimized and overcome by government intervention. This is the underlying purpose of Keynesian economics and the monetary and fiscal policies it generates."

US Politics? True Bipartisan Consensus: Capitalism is Untouchable | Democracy At Work

Possibly, an economic system that's hundred of years old and currently delivers the "bads" instead of the "goods" for ninety percent of Americans can not be reformed by "choosing" between Democrat OR Republican for your House and Senate representatives?

All you Koch-haters!

Turn off your PBS stations immediately.

Koch Brothers support it with big bucks which means you are sure it'll rot your mind.

If you're unwilling to surrender your PBS then quitchyerbitchen.

What I believe?

Ahem? So you believe an elected government is less capable of protecting the interests of the American Citizens then a private, unregulated or self regulated, health care industry. Is that correct? I don't.

We agree our nation is no longer a Democratic Republic, the cause for this transition to an oligarchy wherein the rich make and enforce the laws are many - greed and a lust for power being the most obvious.

Keep in mind that the ACA is not a government run system, it is not Federal System either. Those states who chose have established exchanges where the private sector can compete for your dollar and the Federal Government will subsidy the cost of such insurance for those in need. Government regulates an industry known for having 'death panels' and callously putting profit above the lives of the most unfortunate.

I heard somewhere that the ACA is a TAX and the government collects the tax from those that earn it and give it to those that can't or won't buy health insurance.
That makes it a government run system.

The much revered Koch Brothers, at least revered it seems by Justices Scalia and Thomas and the right wingers among us may have been afoot in a recent CA election.

See:

Arizona Donation To Oppose California Prop 30 Called ?Money Laundering? « CBS San Francisco

Were they only exercising their freedom of speech as protected by the First Amendment? Or was their alleged influence an effort to break the law in CA for personal gain?

This OP is Liberal logic at work. Speaking of money laundering, did Obama not get campaign donations from overseas? Didn't he break numerous campaign finance laws?

You betcha.

Capital is desperate to derail any populist notions of taxing to provide benefits ... like education. I'm not a hillary fan, but I actually pray a little that the gop will continue to destroy itself long enough to replace Kennedy, Scalia, Ginsburg ... and Citizens United.

The gop .... running boldly for 1890

Seems like you are getting really excited about the prospect of jumping without a parachute. Just when I think I've seen it all.... you humble me. So what is Your vision of utopia? Is it mass graves, again, or will it be too big a bother for you to even bury the dead? Plutocracy is exactly what got Obamacare established. Why exactly are you all complaining about it?

Last edited:
The much revered Koch Brothers, at least revered it seems by Justices Scalia and Thomas and the right wingers among us may have been afoot in a recent CA election.

See:

Arizona Donation To Oppose California Prop 30 Called ?Money Laundering? « CBS San Francisco

Were they only exercising their freedom of speech as protected by the First Amendment? Or was their alleged influence an effort to break the law in CA for personal gain?

None of the above per the FPPC.

Just a bit of history for you :

It identified the true source of the contribution as Americans for Job Security, through a second intermediary, The Center to Protect Patient Rights.

California Fair Political Practices Commission Press Releases

FPPC ANNOUNCES RECORD SETTLEMENT IN $11 MILLION ARIZONA CONTRIBUTION CASE

Sections 84301 and 84302. CPPR and AFF’s decisions relating to disclosure were
either inadvertent, or at worst negligent. After diligent inquiry, the FPPC has concluded that these actions were neither knowingly nor willfully made under Government Code sections 84301, 84302 or 91000(a).

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/809700-california-fair-political-practices-commission.html

Last edited:
All you Koch-haters!

Turn off your PBS stations immediately.

Koch Brothers support it with big bucks which means you are sure it'll rot your mind.

If you're unwilling to surrender your PBS then quitchyerbitchen.

LOL So one of the Brothers Koch funds PBS and with no strings attached? Is that you position, Charles is simply a good guy, mis-characterized by evil liberals and in reality altruistic?

Here's some food for thought which may disabuse you of this notion (if in fact you really believe it).

Jane Mayer: How Far Did PBS Go to Avoid Offending a Sponsor? : The New Yorker

What I believe?

I heard somewhere that the ACA is a TAX and the government collects the tax from those that earn it and give it to those that can't or won't buy health insurance.
That makes it a government run system.

It does not. But, feel free to express that opinion as facts seem unable to disabuse you of your bias.

See:

None of the above per the FPPC.

Just a bit of history for you :

It identified the true source of the contribution as Americans for Job Security, through a second intermediary, The Center to Protect Patient Rights.

FPPC ANNOUNCES RECORD SETTLEMENT IN $11 MILLION ARIZONA CONTRIBUTION CASE

Sections 84301 and 84302. CPPR and AFF’s decisions relating to disclosure were
either inadvertent, or at worst negligent. After diligent inquiry, the FPPC has concluded that these actions were neither knowingly nor willfully made under Government Code sections 84301, 84302 or 91000(a).

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/809700-california-fair-political-practices-commission.html

Yep, thank you. From the Link:

Sacramento - The FPPC and California Attorney General today announced a record civil settlement against the Center to Protect Patient Rights (CPPR) and Americans for Responsible Leadership (ARL), two nonprofits operated as part of the "Koch Brothers' Network" of dark money political nonprofit corporations.

Thanks in part to Scalia and Thomas for their support of CU v. FEC we have moved further into the realm of Plutocratic rule.

From the Link:

"This case highlights the nationwide scourge of dark money nonprofit networks hiding the identities of their contributors," said FPPC Chair Ann Ravel. "The FPPC is aggressively litigating to get disclosure and working on laws and regulations to put a stop to these practices in California."

Why do so few care [Ends and Means 'reasoning']?

The difference between the conservatives on this message board and those not on he fringe of the Democratic or Republican Party is starkly apparent on this thread.

Had a similar activity been reported that, for example, George Soros, engaged in the type of behavior that the Koch Brothers appear to have done, this thread would have post after post from the echo chamber in full hysteria.

The difference between the conservatives on this message board and those not on he fringe of the Democratic or Republican Party is starkly apparent on this thread.

Had a similar activity been reported that, for example, George Soros, engaged in the type of behavior that the Koch Brothers appear to have done, this thread would have post after post from the echo chamber in full hysteria.

Mad?

See:

Californians are going to be taxed more? oh, what is new in the leftards bonanza :lol:

it won't work, as usual.
and more people, who actually pay taxes, will leave.

Forum List

Back