Police departments are crashing in cops

If Chauvin did something I never seen before, I would agree with you. But as a former fan of the former 30 year series C.O.P.S, I seen officers do what Chauvin did all over the country.

Have you seen anyone on C.O.P.S. kneel on someone's neck until they pass out? Have you ever seen anyone on C.O.P.S. continue to kneel on their neck for several minutes after they pass out?

No, you haven't. This action by Chauvin is something you've never seen before on C.O.P.S. Hence why Chauvin was convicted of murder while the officers on C.O.P.S. weren't convicted of murder.

Read this conversation slowly. I can't make it any more clear than I already have.

Your logic is flawed and as we all know that isnt how shit works in the real world.

You failed to demonstrate how my logic is flawed. If you have a point, then say it already.

It looks like you're just trying to play vague word games.
You are proclaiming that the people who leave are the bad cops. Its a prepostorous statement that you have yet to support with any evidence.

Prove that the people leaving are good cops then. Oh right, you can't.
I have no idea who is leaving and neither do you. You debate like a child.

Interesting, then I expect to see you point that out to people who have argued that point.

Oh right, but you won't. Because you debate like a hypocrite.
You STILL have nothing to support your claim? Embarrassing.

I see you COMPLETELY dodged the claim that you're a giant hypocrite.

We both know why that is, now don't we? :)
The only person dodging here is you. You made a claim, now back it up. Quit trying to change the subject.

Oh no, you're definitely dodging.

If you're going to play debate hall monitor then I'm going to need to see you act consistently or we can all just agree that you're a giant hypocrite. Which one is it gonna be?

Here's a quote from someone: "No, they will get the dregs, the criminals looking for a badge to protect their criminal behavior, and the incompetent."

You gonna respond to that this time or are you just going to continue to tap-dance all around it again? I'm guessing the latter. Go ahead and show me those sweet, sweet dance moves of yours.
You clearly dont even remember how this conversation was started. Are you going to back up your claim or not?

So...you're just going to keep dancing around that question, aren't you? Just as I expected.

Keep it going. Dance the night away for me. :)
You are one of the weakest debaters on USMB.

Your logic is flawed and as we all know that isnt how shit works in the real world.

You failed to demonstrate how my logic is flawed. If you have a point, then say it already.

You are proclaiming that the people who leave are the bad cops. Its a prepostorous statement that you have yet to support with any evidence.

Interesting, then I expect to see you point that out to people who have argued that point.

The only person dodging here is you. You made a claim, now back it up. Quit trying to change the subject.

If you're going to play debate hall monitor then I'm going to need to see you act consistently or we can all just agree that you're a giant hypocrite. Which one is it gonna be?

Here's a quote from someone: "No, they will get the dregs, the criminals looking for a badge to protect their criminal behavior, and the incompetent."

You gonna respond to that this time or are you just going to continue to tap-dance all around it again? I'm guessing the latter. Go ahead and show me those sweet, sweet dance moves of yours.
You clearly dont even remember how this conversation was started. Are you going to back up your claim or not?

So...you're just going to keep dancing around that question, aren't you? Just as I expected.

You think anyone cares about your evaluations? That’s adorable. :)

You definitely dont care about supporting your outlandish claims, which is why you are a weak debater.

You definitely dont care about supporting your outlandish claims, which is why you are a weak debater.

I’ll tell you what. I’ll address your point if you address mine. Fair? Or do you just want to keep tap dancing for me?

I’m not a coward like you are.

I’ll tell you what. I’ll address your point if you address mine. Fair? Or do you just want to keep tap dancing for me?

Whats to address? You said they were all bad cops and i asked how you knew that. Ive been asking all day in fact.

Whats to address? You said they were all bad cops and i asked how you knew that. Ive been asking all day in fact.

You’re still dodging. I just made you a proposition and you ignored it.

What’s to address is the fact that you have been inconsistent in evaluating people’s arguments, as I have already shown.

Are you going to ignore this again? You’re not fooling me and you’re exposing yourself as a coward.

Come on, kid. Step up. Don’t be scared. You can answer this time.

The concept of the federal government taking over local police departments has been discussed in the past. The following article was written back in 2011 and even back then this idea was Under consideration.

I see an incremental take over of the 18,000 police forces in our nations beginning with setting standards for training and procedures for all police departments.

It would be very difficult for the federal government to just take over all policimg just as it is nearly impossible to ban and confiscate all civilian owned firearms.

In such situations the democrats prefer to use the incremental approach to move toward their final goal. With guns it is to ban “assault weapons” than all semi-automatic firearms including pistols and then all handguns. Federalization of local police would follow a similar path.

Hopefully neither draconian gun control or federalization of all police departments will occur. However we now live in a batshit crazy world so it is hard to say for sure what can happen.

The resistance against federalization of police is resistance against Canada's recipe for success with our Mounties. Not the best in the world but not far from it.

America is suffering from a fatally flawed union of the states because of the needed compromises with the South. The question of the south's right to keep slaves was never completely resolved and hence it lives on in a racism issue that's quite unsolvable.

The attempt to allow more renegade city or state police forces is the extremist right's answer to the problem, while a higher federal standard would serve to at least address the racism problem and begin to fix the problem.

Of course America is a long way from accepting anything that could end the south's determination to regard black or brown people as equals to whites.

The US south's issue is so important to them that it's destroying America's democracy. Fascism, secession, or other destructive extremes have become the extreme right's battle cry.

And murder by their police is their only answer to solving the problems!

I grew up in the North and moved to the South of the United States. There is as much racism in the North as there is in the South if not more.

However over my lifetime (I was born just after WWII) I have seen an amazing decrease in racism in this nation. Racism was at its lowest until Obama took over and since then the Democratic Party has been busy trying to generate hatred between the races.

If the dems keep pushing we may see a race war in our nation. If we do it will not be the fault of all the evil white men in this nation but the fault of the evil white men who run the Democratic Party.

I can understand veteran cops needing to stay for pension reasons, but who the hell would want to enter into a police career now?

It is a union job so I'm sure there is something that the unions do when police officers go from a job in one city or state to another. The groups that are leaving are those who are tenured enough to retire and those who simply had enough with their city and moved on to better things. I was just watching TV and it was reported by OAN that there was a 75% increase of police leaving NYC from last year.

The south isn't having nearly the problems with blacks that Democrat cities in the north have. Minneapolis isn't exactly Dixie.

Failure or success, the distinction is a moot point to me. It's America's success or failure so it's all good.

There's not a good word spoken about your country by the political right. It's all the equivalent of proclaiming America to be shithole of failures.
of course. We need to sterilize the country of communist democrats.

I grew up in the North and moved to the South of the United States. There is as much racism in the North as there is in the South if not more.

However over my lifetime (I was born just after WWII) I have seen an amazing decrease in racism in this nation. Racism was at its lowest until Obama took over and since then the Democratic Party has been busy trying to generate hatred between the races.

If the dems keep pushing we may see a race war in our nation. If we do it will not be the fault of all the evil white men in this nation but the fault of the evil white men who run the Democratic Party.

I don't know that we'll see a race war, but what I would love to see is a movement to convert our country into two countries instead. As time moves on and the left becomes more radical, it's to the point we can no more get along and we need to separate. I'm afraid that if we don't, we will have a war; not white vs black, but right vs left. I do hope separation happens because our country is on the verge of being lost forever, and the only hope we have is to at least save half of it. If we don't, we will likely lose the entire thing.

Have you seen anyone on C.O.P.S. kneel on someone's neck until they pass out? Have you ever seen anyone on C.O.P.S. continue to kneel on their neck for several minutes after they pass out?

No, you haven't. This action by Chauvin is something you've never seen before on C.O.P.S. Hence why Chauvin was convicted of murder while the officers on C.O.P.S. weren't convicted of murder.

Read this conversation slowly. I can't make it any more clear than I already have.

Well I'm ending this conversation right now because I've explained what I said and what I meant. I know you like to go back and forth with people for pages, but I'm not about to participate repeating the same thing over and over again in spite of the thrill you get doing so.

Well I'm ending this conversation right now

Your running away is noted. Smart move on your part.

You kept bringing up what you saw on C.O.P.S. to justify Chauvin’s actions. Nobody on C.O.P.S. has ever kneeled on a man’s neck for 9 minutes, including several minutes after he goes unconscious.

Your ridiculous attempt to equate an officer briefly putting his knee on the neck of a suspect to Chauvin’s actions just means that you COMPLETELY lost the point of why he was convicted.

If Chauvin briefly puts his neck on Floyd, then this isn’t even an issue. The entire fucking reason Chauvin was convicted of murder is because he left his knee there as Floyd slowly went unconscious and eventually died. Your lack of recognizing this very obvious and important fact shows that you’re either dishonest or stupid. I suspect both.

As usual, you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. See ya.

You kept bringing up what you saw on C.O.P.S. to justify Chauvin’s actions. Nobody on C.O.P.S. has ever kneeled on a man’s neck for 9 minutes, including several minutes after he goes unconscious.

Your ridiculous attempt to equate an officer briefly putting his knee on the neck of a suspect to Chauvin’s actions just means that you COMPLETELY lost the point of why he was convicted.

If Chauvin briefly puts his neck on Floyd, then this isn’t even an issue. The entire fucking reason Chauvin was convicted of murder is because he left his knee there as Floyd slowly went unconscious and eventually died. Your lack of recognizing this very obvious and important fact shows that you’re either dishonest or stupid. I suspect both.

I can't believe you are so completely stupid. But again, the only thing more boring than reading multiple posts of these high school antics of "Yes I am, no you're not" is participating in them.

I can't believe you are so completely stupid. But again, the only thing more boring than reading multiple posts of these high school antics of "Yes I am, no you're not" is participating in them.

You didn't actually address anything I said there, Ray. Noted.

What’s to address is the fact that you have been inconsistent in evaluating people’s arguments, as I have already shown.

Are you going to ignore this again? You’re not fooling me and you’re exposing yourself as a coward.

Question: Why do you keep babbling about everything BUT the topic at hand?
Answer: You are too weak of as debater to support your positions.

Question: Why do you keep babbling about everything BUT the topic at hand?
Answer: You are too weak of as debater to support your positions.

Look at what a coward you are. You STILL won’t even acknowledge the proposition I made you.

Ok, fine. Now that we’ve established that you’re a little bitch who won’t actually answer anything I say to you, I’ll go ahead and answer your point anyway. See, I’m not a coward like you are.

So go ahead. Tell me what you would like me to address, I’ll actually answer it. Then you get to sit there knowing that I had the guts to answer while you were too afraid to do the same.

Go on you little coward. Ask away. Let me show you how it’s done.

Is this what you want answered? Ok here’s my honest answer. I’ll try to explain my thought process just for you.

I think it’s way too easy to be a police officer. I think 10 months in an academy for a career in that position isn’t enough. If it were up to me, they would have to go through 4 years of training, get double the pay, and be held extra accountable. I think it’s an incredibly difficult job that needs really good people.

So the article is about police retiring and fewer people signing up to be police officers. I’ll discuss each separately.

Police retiring. Why are they retiring? Well it could just be a natural thing like police officers are getting old but the reason the article points this out is that some are leaving because they want to find a career elsewhere. A reason for that could be that they don’t like the political climate against police officers. Maybe they don’t think they can handle it or maybe they just don’t think it’s worth it.

Fewer people signing up to be police officers. I can’t blame them. Like I said from the beginning, it’s a difficult position and I don’t think everyone is cut out for it. With police departments under higher scrutiny and politicization, I think there’s some uncertainty in going into that field.

In either case, your question is on whether they are bad police officers or not. The truth is that there is no way of knowing. We don’t have a spreadsheet somewhere that categorizes police officers as good or bad. We can’t forecast whether the recruits would be good or bad. There’s no way to run a statistical model on this without data. I think you know that and I think you’re just trying to ankle-bite because you have nothing better to pick at. And for whatever reason, you just want to pick at my statements instead of the people who say we will get worse police officers because of this. I think you’re inconsistent and a hypocrite. But I’ll elaborate anyway. While data is out of the question, we can still speculate.

In both situations of police moving to other careers and recruits not signing up, I can speculate that they’re not all that committed about being a police officer. If that’s the case, then I have no issue with them not being police officers. I think it’s a commitment and like I said from the beginning, it’s a very difficult job that requires the best people. If they don’t want to deal with it, especially the demands I would have for them, then I say good luck. We’ll find someone who is willing to go through with it.

There you go. There’s your response. I’m certain that you’re going to try to play some bullshit word games with this. Just know that I actually had the balls to address your question, which is more than can be said of you.

Forum List

Back