Police never tried to open door to classrooms where Uvalde gunman had kids trapped

Why would the police open a door to possible gunmen, I mean they could have been shot. Most likely the police were expecting the kids to rush the gunmen, & disarm them where then the police could rush in safely & save the day!!!! Elementary my dear Watson, simply elementary!
You're right. What the hell was I thinking? Thank you for restoring me to my right mind.

Oh, we have law. And, in most cases, considering the people most affected by it, it seems to work pretty well.

Any medium to large size city court will have an endless stream of law-breakers go through it on a normal day. A large number of cases are adjourned for one reason or another. Most are simply a conversation between judge, prosecution, and defense where the accused doesn't say a word and no witnesses are called. The entire thing looks like a nightmare version of The DMV.

But, most, definitely not all, but most, of those who go through it get what they deserve.
You missed the point.

The law is applied UNEQUALLY in this country, and has been for a very long time.

The people who used to be on the butt end of it, are now trying to turn the tables and put the OTHER people on the butt end of it

Which makes them TWICE AS BAD AS THE FIRST CROWD! !!!

Because they want revenge, not equality.

Hey - history is FULL of stories like this. Chock full.

The law is applied UNEQUALLY in this country, and has been for a very long time.

I have pretty extensive experience in lower courts. Yes, sometimes, law is applied unequally.

But, by far, most cases are handled equitably.

The problem exists not in the court system itself, but the fact that any system, run by humans, is going to be imperfect.

That being said, I'd be curious to hear any what suggestions you have to improve it.

Every citizen of this country is entitled to protection under the law. If not, then why have a country?

I'm glad however that you admit that you are advocating taking actions outside of law. At least you're under no delusions about your motives.
If you are saying the police are required to protect us, you might find rulings by the Supreme Court interesting.

Courts have ruled that the police have no legal obligation to do anything to protect the public.

Edit: Batcat beat me by a minute.
They'll enforce any law the filthy scum they work for tells them too.

If you are saying the police are required to protect us

I'm not saying that at all.

Even if law mandated that they were. No police force on this planet has the resources to predict every possible threat and prevent it. No one would want to live in a country where they did.

There is proactive policing. It mostly involves extra patrols in high crime areas ("showing the flag").

But, most policing is a reaction to a reported crime.

I'm not saying that at all.

Even if law mandated that they were. No police force on this planet has the resources to predict every possible threat and prevent it. No one would want to live in a country where they did.

There is proactive policing. It mostly involves extra patrols in high crime areas ("showing the flag").

But, most policing is a reaction to a reported crime.
If you signed up to be a cop and some nut is busy shooting elementary kids in a classroom, you do whatever is necessary to stop him even if it means putting your life on the line.

That’s my opinion and I am sticking with it.

If you signed up to be a cop and some nut is busy shooting elementary kids in a classroom, you do whatever is necessary to stop him even if it means putting your life on the line.

He supports what ever the police do, murder or not.

100%...

Back in the 1970's when hostage situations started becoming more prevalent, police charging into a scene with little or no tactical training was getting cops and bystanders killed.

They instituted the SWAT concept, where specially trained and equipped cops could respond to situations better with fewer lives lost.

However, particularly in remote areas or small towns, SWAT resources may be a long way off.

So, a lot of departments added minimal tactical training for regular officers, how to clear a room, sweeping door and entrances, role-playing scenarios, etc, and changed policies.

In the event of an "Active Shooter", someone who has access to victims and continue to be a threat, regular officers can enter without authorization and conduct a sweep for the HT and neutralize the threat.

Not all departments have such a policy, but it is becoming more prevalent for obvious reasons.

I have pretty extensive experience in lower courts. Yes, sometimes, law is applied unequally.

But, by far, most cases are handled equitably.

The problem exists not in the court system itself, but the fact that any system, run by humans, is going to be imperfect.

That being said, I'd be curious to hear any what suggestions you have to improve it.
Don't know if you caught my post in the other thread. I am a process person. I'm here for a reason.

After 60 days, I've nearly finished the initial analysis. It's actually pretty easy. Compared to some of the stuff I've seen.

Yes, I have ideas. The first and most important thing is we need to clear the weasels out of the system. People need to be fired. Heads have to roll. Sorry, but that's the way it is. For instance, leftard DA's who refuse to prosecute are being cleared out even as we speak.

We can discuss this if you wish. I don't have time "right" now but I'll circle back if you'd like to pursue the discussion.

The first and most important thing is we need to clear the weasels out of the system.

Good-Luck-WIth-That.jpg

I agree. However, I also believe we've both seen too many Hollywood cop dramas. In real life cops are mere mortals who also shit their pants at the mere chance of bullets coming their way. Too many fellow Americans confuse cops with military combat veterans and I don't mean "combat" veterans who "won" authorization to wear a combat patch just for being in theater at the time of ongoing combat operations. Further, cops are trained in tactics not combat. That being said, many cops who joined the force sometime in the last twenty years are military combat vets, which is a different and as equally serious a problem as cowardice and self-preservation over duty.

I used to run a small business training local, state and federal law enforcement personnel in certain specific tactical skills I developed over a career in the US Army. On a number of occasions cops proved their unwillingness to do such basic cowboy up activities as standing in the rain, crawling through the mud, jumping across a narrow creek, and the like. Shit like that always lowered my faith just a bit in the ruggedness of the modern man. Myself, I grew up outdoors pretty much and was essentially a hard ass little commando by age ten. The army only further hardened and toughened up what was already there. You'd be surprised what a well trained, mission dedicated soldier is capable of doing. Your average cop ain't that but neither are most combat vets either. We're all human. Some of us, however, are unflinching even in the face of the greatest adversity, and we will hunt down the bad guys even if it's raining brimstone.

I will admit however that the gap between soldier and cop is narrowing greatly in America, at least from a paradigm shift and equipment point of view. These days even some patrol cops dress like soldiers, all tactical and web gear, cargo pants and plate carriers. But the man inside all that fancy kit is often nothing more than a heavily armed, frightened little boy who will do anything to get home to the wife.

I agree. However, I also believe we've both seen too many Hollywood cop dramas. In real life cops are mere mortals who also shit their pants at the mere chance of bullets coming their way. Too many fellow Americans confuse cops with military combat veterans and I don't mean "combat" veterans who "won" authorization to wear a combat patch just for being in theater at the time of ongoing combat operations. Further, cops are trained in tactics not combat. That being said, many cops who joined the force sometime in the last twenty years are military combat vets, which is a different and as equally serious a problem as cowardice and self-preservation over duty.

I used to run a small business training local, state and federal law enforcement personnel in certain specific tactical skills I developed over a career in the US Army. On a number of occasions cops proved their unwillingness to do such basic cowboy up activities as standing in the rain, crawling through the mud, jumping across a narrow creek, and the like. Shit like that always lowered my faith just a bit in the ruggedness of the modern man. Myself, I grew up outdoors pretty much and was essentially a hard ass little commando by age ten. The army only further hardened and toughened up what was already there. You'd be surprised what a well trained, mission dedicated soldier is capable of doing. Your average cop ain't that but neither are most combat vets either. We're all human. Some of us, however, are unflinching even in the face of the greatest adversity, and we will hunt down the bad guys even if it's raining brimstone.

I will admit however that the gap between soldier and cop is narrowing greatly in America, at least from a paradigm shift and equipment point of view. These days even some patrol cops dress like soldiers, all tactical and web gear, cargo pants and plate carriers. But the man inside all that fancy kit is often nothing more than a heavily armed, frightened little boy who will do anything to get home to the wife.
It's worse than that.

We have cops kneeling for actual bona fide communist agitators.

Can you imagine if a soldier did that? He'd risk being shot on the spot! By his own people!

I wasn't there. In all of the YouTube videos I've seen of the incident, I hear screaming parents, but I haven't heard a single gun shot.

I don't really know what happened that day and, until the full details of all the investigations are made public, I won't.

Regardless of who is accused, I won't advocate a punishment until a conviction has been reached.

The legal system is supposed to work the same way. That is precisely why sentencing is always reserved until AFTER a conviction has been reached.
It's pretty clear what's happening.

The police chief is being protected by the PTB.

He's no longer the police chief, now he's on the city council. He doesn't have to answer any police chief questions. And isn't.

This is the guy responsible for those childrens' lives. And they're protecting him for some reason

Going forward, it’s pretty obvious parents and families are going to have to take matters into their own hands in future active shooter events if this is how police respond.

A handful of armed civilians could’ve done a better job than these cops.

Even unarmed, a group of fathers could rush a shooter and tear him apart. Can’t shoot all of us.

Forum List

Back