🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Police officer fired for having confederate flag in yard

well, let me rephrase that... you can say whatever you want. your employer doesn't have to tolerate it.... especially a police department (or other public agency) if what you say/do makes them look bad. just how it is..

The Constitution is a constraint on the government, therefore, no, they cannot rightly fire her for her freedom of expression on her own property that isn't directly threatening.

well, let me rephrase that... you can say whatever you want. your employer doesn't have to tolerate it.... especially a police department (or other public agency) if what you say/do makes them look bad. just how it is..

The Constitution is a constraint on the government, therefore, no, they cannot rightly fire her for her freedom of expression on her own property that isn't directly threatening.
you have a poor understanding of the first amendment.

she was and still is perfectly free to fly her flag without fear of reprisal from the government.

she never was free to remain employed by any particular employer after embarassing them

Not when you are a paid public servant (especially one with a weapon). Once you make that leap its just like the military.

No, it isn't like the military. In fact, this wouldn't be an issue even if she was in the military. This flag is on her own personal property at her house. It has no relevancy whatsoever to her profession. Why are you supporting fascism?
Actually it is. Thats why cops loose their jobs when they are found to be supporting hate groups.

How loose? An inch too loose? Maybe a foot too loose? I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at there.

And what hate group again was she supporting? You still haven't answered that.
When you deflect over a typo I know are feeling unsure of your argument.

There is nothing flawed in my argument. Why should I take yours seriously when you can't even write properly?

Yes I did answer your question. .

No, you didn't. You haven't said what hate group she supports.
Yes your argument is flawed. I never asked you to take my argument seriously. I just noted you had to deflect because you were unsure.

Yes I did. You are just behind a bit.

So you don't believe in the First Amendment?
he didnt go to jail. he wasnt fined or censored.

the former officer's first amendment rights were not infringed upon

He is a she and that fact that she didn't go to jail or was neither fined nor censored is completely irrelevant, but you already knew that. She lost her job. The government cannot impede your Constitutional rights.
I thought you were being a smart ass. You really believe this? Please show us where her 1rst amendment rights were violated.

It's actually really sad this has to be explained to you since a second grader could figure it out rather easily. The First Amendment protects free speech and expression. Her flying a confederate flag in her yard is free speech and expression. Just because you don't like it doesn't invalidate her rights. It really is that simple to understand.
She is still free to fly her flag. What are you talking about?

Not without jeopardizing her livelihood, but you already knew that. Don't even attempt to obfuscate a conversation with me because you will not succeed.

I'd wager that even the jew ACLU will side with the cop's right to fly any flag she wants at her own house. ...... :cool:

again, you do not have the right to put your employer in a bad light.

freedom of expression does not allow you to do that.

you're welcome.

Yes your argument is flawed. I never asked you to take my argument seriously. I just noted you had to deflect because you were unsure.

Oh, so now you don't think she deserved to be fired?

he didnt go to jail. he wasnt fined or censored.

the former officer's first amendment rights were not infringed upon

He is a she and that fact that she didn't go to jail or was neither fined nor censored is completely irrelevant, but you already knew that. She lost her job. The government cannot impede your Constitutional rights.
I thought you were being a smart ass. You really believe this? Please show us where her 1rst amendment rights were violated.

It's actually really sad this has to be explained to you since a second grader could figure it out rather easily. The First Amendment protects free speech and expression. Her flying a confederate flag in her yard is free speech and expression. Just because you don't like it doesn't invalidate her rights. It really is that simple to understand.

Not without jeopardizing her livelihood, but you already knew that. Don't even attempt to obfuscate a conversation with me because you will not succeed.

again...wrong.

again, you do not have the right to put your employer in a bad light.

freedom of expression does not allow you to do that.

you're welcome.

That is a matter of your own opinion that it puts her employer in a bad light. Everyone out there is offended by something. Where is the line drawn?

Again, the government cannot legally deprive a person of their Constitutional rights which is exactly what is happening here.

Oh, so now you don't think she deserved to be fired?

So you were serious then. You can't seem to make up your mind.

I'd wager that even the jew ACLU will side with the cop's right to fly any flag she wants at her own house. ...... :cool:
wont matter. If her department says she has to go she is gone. She doesnt have the right to force the PD to deal with fallout from her personal views.

they wouldn't allow her to wear a clown suit on duty either. what's the world coming to?

again...wrong.

So she didn't get fired?

Forum List

Back