🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Police officer fired for having confederate flag in yard

they wouldn't allow her to wear a clown suit on duty either. what's the world coming to?

That has what to do with the conversation at hand? Oh, right, nothing, because you too are incapable of making a valid argument.

well, let me rephrase that... you can say whatever you want. your employer doesn't have to tolerate it.... especially a police department (or other public agency) if what you say/do makes them look bad. just how it is..

The Constitution is a constraint on the government, therefore, no, they cannot rightly fire her for her freedom of expression on her own property that isn't directly threatening.

again, you do not have the right to put your employer in a bad light.

freedom of expression does not allow you to do that.

you're welcome.

That is a matter of your own opinion that it puts her employer in a bad light. Everyone out there is offended by something. Where is the line drawn?

Again, the government cannot legally deprive a person of their Constitutional rights which is exactly what is happening here.
she does not have a constitutional right to employment with the police department

Yes your argument is flawed. I never asked you to take my argument seriously. I just noted you had to deflect because you were unsure.

Yes I did. You are just behind a bit.

Oh, so now you don't think she deserved to be fired?

So you were serious then. You can't seem to make up your mind.
You are trying too hard. In fact you are trying so hard you replied to the wrong post.

No, I replied to the correct post. You seem to be confused. Maybe all that twisting in the wind is making you dizzy.

well, let me rephrase that... you can say whatever you want. your employer doesn't have to tolerate it.... especially a police department (or other public agency) if what you say/do makes them look bad. just how it is..

The Constitution is a constraint on the government, therefore, no, they cannot rightly fire her for her freedom of expression on her own property that isn't directly threatening.

you're welcome.

That is a matter of your own opinion that it puts her employer in a bad light. Everyone out there is offended by something. Where is the line drawn?

Again, the government cannot legally deprive a person of their Constitutional rights which is exactly what is happening here.
she does not have a constitutional right to employment with the police department

She has a Constitutional right to speech and expression which the government cannot legally violate, but you already knew that too.

they wouldn't allow her to wear a clown suit on duty either. what's the world coming to?

That has what to do with the conversation at hand? Oh, right, nothing, because you too are incapable of making a valid argument.
That is actually a great comparison. Your argument is foundationally flawed due to your lack of understanding employment laws and the 1rst amendment.

:lol: you think?

please explain why doesn't her first amendment right allow her to wear a clown suit on duty.

clown%20police%20on%20bike.jpg

you're welcome.

She has a Constitutional right to speech and expression which the government cannot legally violate, but you already knew that too.
and the government hasn't violated her rights, but you should have already known that

Yes your argument is flawed. I never asked you to take my argument seriously. I just noted you had to deflect because you were unsure.

Yes I did. You are just behind a bit.

Oh, so now you don't think she deserved to be fired?

So you were serious then. You can't seem to make up your mind.
You are trying too hard. In fact you are trying so hard you replied to the wrong post.

No, I replied to the correct post. You seem to be confused. Maybe all that twisting in the wind is making you dizzy.
You replied to yourself. If you dont believe me take a look. Obviously you are very confused.

I'd wager that even the jew ACLU will side with the cop's right to fly any flag she wants at her own house. ...... :cool:
wont matter. If her department says she has to go she is gone. She doesnt have the right to force the PD to deal with fallout from her personal views.

Actually, she does. More than likely she belongs to a union (how ironic for you folks) and there will probably be a lot of arbitration and litigation as a result of this action.

Good. I'm glad the dumb bitch got fired.

So you don't believe in the First Amendment?
Not when you are a paid public servant (especially one with a weapon). Once you make that leap its just like the military.
No its not.
Of course it is. Thats why she is unemployed.
No it is not. Police are not military and not obligated to military standards. Just because you work for someone does not give your employer a right to police your thoughts. That is not to say right or wrong it is simply the way it is. I have the right to hate whatever I like and disapprove or approve of whatever I like or dislike. That is called freedom. Your version is called being enslaved to a fascist like regime. That fascist regime does not exist here in the United States and hopefully it never will.

what if she has a nazi flag on her lawn..? or a burning cross?

I'd wager that even the jew ACLU will side with the cop's right to fly any flag she wants at her own house. ...... :cool:
wont matter. If her department says she has to go she is gone. She doesnt have the right to force the PD to deal with fallout from her personal views.

Actually, she does. More than likely she belongs to a union (how ironic for you folks) and there will probably be a lot of arbitration and litigation as a result of this action.
Obviously you are also at a loss as to how unions work as well as at a loss regarding the 1rst amendment.

you're welcome.

and the government hasn't violated her rights, but you should have already known that

Do you get paid by the word to lie or does it just come natural to you? Or perhaps you're simply incapable of making a coherentt argument. They are looking for someone as dishonest and dishonorable as Debbie Wasserman-Schultz to take over the DNC. Perhaps you should submit your resume.

Obviously you are also at a loss as to how unions work as well as at a loss regarding the 1rst amendment.

I know exactly how unions function having a been a former member of one and I understand the Constitution far better than you ever will, although, it's not necessarily that you don't understand it. It may very well be you simply don't respect it. That's not unusual with your kind.

Good. I'm glad the dumb bitch got fired.

So you don't believe in the First Amendment?
Not when you are a paid public servant (especially one with a weapon). Once you make that leap its just like the military.
No its not.
Of course it is. Thats why she is unemployed.
No it is not. Police are not military and not obligated to military standards. Just because you work for someone does not give your employer a right to police your thoughts. That is not to say right or wrong it is simply the way it is. I have the right to hate whatever I like and disapprove or approve of whatever I like or dislike. That is called freedom. Your version is called being enslaved to a fascist like regime. That fascist regime does not exist here in the United States and hopefully it never will.
Yes actually it is.

you're welcome.

no. it is not *my* opinion. it is law.

"The government is not permitted to fire an employee based on the employee's speech if either the speech is on a matter of public concern, the speech is not said as part of that employee's job duties,[48] or the damage caused by the speech is not outweighed by the value of the speech to the employee and public.[49][50] Specifically, speech is "treated as a matter of public concern" by reference to the "content, form, and context of a given statement".[51] The exception with regards to balancing the harm of a statement and the value of the statement (the Pickering test) is done by considering the degree to which the speech either interferes with close working relationships, disrupts the office, or even has the potential to do either.[52]"

Garcetti v Caballos 547 U.S. 410 (2006)

Connick v. Myers, 461 US 138

Pickering v Board of Education, 391 U.S. 563 (1968).

for a start.....

she can't violate departmental rules. I doubt they'll be able to help her although they probably have to defend her.

I know exactly how unions function having a been a former member of one and I understand the Constitution far better than you ever will, although, it's not necessarily that you don't understand it. It may very well be you simply don't respect it. That's not unusual with your kind.
We know you are lying because this has nothing to do with the 1rst amendment. Unions will only support you if you dont break a rule. Please have someone explain these things to you.

Forum List

Back