🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Police order canine to rip off man's face for burning trash in barrel (entered home without warrant)

How fucked up is this?

• 11/10 fucked up

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • 10/10 fucked up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9/10 fucked up

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
That was truly effed up. Teaching dogs to attack a guys face and letting him do so. I wasn't scared of anything but the dog.
Police dogs are trained to bite extremities, not the face. They're also so well trained that all you have to do is stop and put your hands up and they instantly desist. If you put them back down they attack again. I knew someone who trains these dogs.

This dog? I don't know what was up his ass but he needs to be euthanized.
There is nothing wrong with the dog. He has not been fully trained at all. The one that should be euthanized is the handler and the asshole that just stood there watching.

From the article....
--------------
The West Jordan Police Department said the video tells an incomplete story. In a press conference Thursday afternoon, Sgt. Dan Roberts said they’d been called to Hoogveldts residence by neighbors who’d felt threatened by him and were concerned about a fire burning in his back yard.

“To protect the neighborhood, they had to go in and secure Mr. Hoogveldt,” he said. “The fire department could not respond to take care of the fires.”

Roberts also said Hoogveldt is well-known to the police department.

“His history included an aggravated assault with a weapon, and another incident in which officers found a knife concealed on his person,” Roberts said.

As for what Sykes identifies as Hoogveldt’s surrender in the video, Roberts says: “He could have easily been hiding another weapon on him.”

The West Jordan Police Department maintains that their officers were in danger and that appropriate force was used to take Lee Hoogveldt into custody.

They say the incident was also captured by at least one other officer’s body camera, but that video will not be released due to the litigation.
---------------

Based on what I saw on the video, it appears he has a good case against the police.But the Judge and/or Jury will decide after viewing ALL of the evidence.
At least one person on that jury will be like me, unable to get past the fact he ignored repeated instructions by the police and set up a chain of events that led to his face turning to kibble.
Heaven forbid there is another someone just like you.

From the article....
--------------
The West Jordan Police Department said the video tells an incomplete story. In a press conference Thursday afternoon, Sgt. Dan Roberts said they’d been called to Hoogveldts residence by neighbors who’d felt threatened by him and were concerned about a fire burning in his back yard.

“To protect the neighborhood, they had to go in and secure Mr. Hoogveldt,” he said. “The fire department could not respond to take care of the fires.”

Roberts also said Hoogveldt is well-known to the police department.

“His history included an aggravated assault with a weapon, and another incident in which officers found a knife concealed on his person,” Roberts said.

As for what Sykes identifies as Hoogveldt’s surrender in the video, Roberts says: “He could have easily been hiding another weapon on him.”

The West Jordan Police Department maintains that their officers were in danger and that appropriate force was used to take Lee Hoogveldt into custody.

They say the incident was also captured by at least one other officer’s body camera, but that video will not be released due to the litigation.
---------------

Based on what I saw on the video, it appears he has a good case against the police.But the Judge and/or Jury will decide after viewing ALL of the evidence.
At least one person on that jury will be like me, unable to get past the fact he ignored repeated instructions by the police and set up a chain of events that led to his face turning to kibble.
Heaven forbid there is another someone just like you.
You said it!

As far as I've heard most police work dogs are trained to German commands, and unless my ears are failing me the officer with the body camera is yelling "Halt" repeatedly at the dog (which means stop.) But then again he did send him out with "Go get him" instead of a German command...

Still... I'm not sure why that dog went for his face instead of the arm or leg, seems to be a failed training there. Dog should be taken out of the K9 division and put up for K9 rescue/relief adoption because he took the neck/face and was not immediately obedient to the command to stop.

That was truly effed up. Teaching dogs to attack a guys face and letting him do so. I wasn't scared of anything but the dog.
Police dogs are trained to bite extremities, not the face. They're also so well trained that all you have to do is stop and put your hands up and they instantly desist. If you put them back down they attack again. I knew someone who trains these dogs.

This dog? I don't know what was up his ass but he needs to be euthanized.
There is nothing wrong with the dog. He has not been fully trained at all. The one that should be euthanized is the handler and the asshole that just stood there watching.
Actually a dog that does that to a person has to be destroyed in most states. Everything I said about the training of police dogs is true, so yes there's something wrong with this dog.

As far as I've heard most police work dogs are trained to German commands, and unless my ears are failing me the officer with the body camera is yelling "Halt" repeatedly at the dog (which means stop.) But then again he did send him out with "Go get him" instead of a German command...

Still... I'm not sure why that dog went for his face instead of the arm or leg, seems to be a failed training there. Dog should be taken out of the K9 division and put up for K9 rescue/relief adoption because he took the neck/face and was not immediately obedient to the command to stop.
I've mentioned this but people here would rather judge the situation out of their ignorance than the facts. What this dog did was a departure from training.

Actually a dog that does that to a person has to be destroyed in most states. Everything I said about the training of police dogs is true, so yes there's something wrong with this dog.

That's a shame, sounds like a young dog to me (at least if it was a pure German Shepard anyway,) but I guess if they figure (s)he's un-trainable there's something to be said for putting him down so (s)he doesn't hurt some adoption family.

Handler was hollering OUT OUT OUT. Which means stop and is also a used phrase of German training of dogs.
The dog is not properly trained. The dog was picking up the excitement from the cops, which he considers part of his pack. The dog was NOT going for the face. He was going for the jugular. The dog needs more training. Or, the dog needs to be retired, retrained and not do police work any more. The HANDLER should be fired and in jail for deadly force (the dog) and fined and thrown in jail.

Handler was hollering OUT OUT OUT. Which means stop and is also a used phrase of German training of dogs.
The dog is not properly trained. The dog was picking up the excitement from the cops, which he considers part of his pack. The dog was NOT going for the face. He was going for the jugular. The dog needs more training. Or, the dog needs to be retired, retrained and not do police work any more. The HANDLER should be fired and in jail for deadly force (the dog) and fined and thrown in jail.
You're making a lot of assumptions. How do you know the dog wasn't trained and what police agency puts a dog in the field that hasn't been trained? You're so quick to demonize the K9 officer you won't consider the more likely scenario that the dog broke protocol.

You're making a lot of assumptions. How do you know the dog wasn't trained and what police agency puts a dog in the field that hasn't been trained? You're so quick to demonize the K9 officer you won't consider the more likely scenario that the dog broke protocol.
Yer an idiot. Nuff said.

Yet again a story of Leftists whining that someone got injured or killed after resisting arrest. It's the consistent theme in all their cop hater threads.

1390560888186.jpg

[QUOTE="EverCurious, post: 11315556, member: 50158
Still... I'm not sure why that dog went for his face instead of the arm or leg, seems to be a failed training there. [/QUOTE]

The dog went for the jugular to kill him. The man deflected the attempt upwards to his chin/mouth.

I'm simply wondering why that dog didn't follow his training.

Are you implying that the K9 had been specifically trained to go for the jugular?

Still... I'm not sure why that dog went for his face instead of the arm or leg, seems to be a failed training there.

The dog went for the jugular to kill him. The man deflected the attempt upwards to his chin/mouth.[/QUOTE]
The dog was off his training, that's for sure. I don't know how this supports your crazy Leftist police state argument.

Still... I'm not sure why that dog went for his face instead of the arm or leg, seems to be a failed training there.

The dog went for the jugular to kill him. The man deflected the attempt upwards to his chin/mouth.
The dog was off his training, that's for sure. I don't know how this supports your crazy Leftist police state argument.[/QUOTE]

My what? Dude you need to work on reading comprehension or something... Nothing I said anywhere comes even close to ANY kind of argument lol

Forum List

Back