Police shortage thanks to “woke” liberal democrat policy?

Ok, so define a career criminal. If my last crime was committed in 2007 and it is now 2022 how does that make me a career criminal if I am not committing a crime anymore.

Also did Chauvin know his criminal record the day he murdered him?
Floyd qualifies as a career criminal with me

As far as the cops not knowing his past they had enough trouble dealing Floyd on the day they tried to arrest him

The primary cause of Floyd’s death was Floyd resisting arrest
Did Floyd make Chauvin kneel on his neck and ignore him?

The answer is obviously no. So your accusation is a complete lie that removes Chauvin’s culpability incurred by his own voluntary actions.

Police are responsible for their own actions. I know it sounds radical but it must be true or else we live in an authoritarian police state.

Nobody has a problem with them enforcing the Laws, the problem comes in when they start breaking them. The issue used to be they weren't being paid enough, now the issue is that they can't do their job. Their job is not to harass, beat, steal from and murder folks.
I come from a LEO family and none of them ever did any of that. Maybe it's because we're Hispanic. Who knows? You're not addressing my point though. It's a bad thing that we're having a hard time hiring LEO.

Did Floyd make Chauvin kneel on his neck and ignore him?

The answer is obviously no. So your accusation is a complete lie that removes Chauvin’s culpability incurred by his own voluntary actions.

Police are responsible for their own actions. I know it sounds radical but it must be true or else we live in an authoritarian police state.
Resisting arrest led to the knee restraint

Resisting arrest led to the knee restraint
An unnecessary use of force employed without regard to its effect on his life.

Chauvin is responsible for his actions, including excessive and dangerous use of force without justification.

Do you want to live in an authoritarian police state?

Chauvin is responsible for his actions, including excessive and dangerous use of force without justification.

Who says it was unnecessary?

Would you have simply let Floyd go?

Last edited:

Arresting Floyd for passing phony money is not evidence of a police state

This is what a police state looks like:

1666967781297.jpeg

Nobody has a problem with them enforcing the Laws, the problem comes in when they start breaking them. The issue used to be they weren't being paid enough, now the issue is that they can't do their job. Their job is not to harass, beat, steal from and murder folks.
I think pay is still an issue too. When people won't take a job what needs to happen is an increase in pay and if possible an improvement in conditions. What often happens instead is a decrease in standards with the same pay. They start hiring anybody and let them slide. If the pay is higher you can make the standards higher too. Same logic applies to teachers and the state of our education system.

Arresting Floyd for passing phony money is not evidence of a police state

This is what a police state looks like:

View attachment 716926
If police are not accountable for violating our rights, we live in an authoritarian police state.

Is that what you want?

Meaning you are a soft-on-crime liberal who does not arrest criminala
Kneeling on him was not necessary to arrest him.

Neither was ignoring his dying breath.

I’m not soft on crime. Your soft on police abuse of our constitutional rights. That’s WAY WORSE.

If police are not accountable for violating our rights, we live in an authoritarian police state.

Is that what you want?
I dont want criminals passing phony money

Kneeling on him was not necessary to arrest him.

Neither was ignoring his dying breath.

I’m not soft on crime. Your soft on police abuse of our constitutional rights. That’s WAY WORSE.
Letting criminals go free is worse than arresting them

Letting criminals go free is worse than arresting them
You see that as the only other alternative?

That’s absurd.

Floyd could have been arrested without killing him. Police can enforce the law without violating our civil rights.

Is that what you want?
The police are accountable for that. LEO get fired and/or incarcerated for stuff like that all the time.

You see that as the only other alternative?

That’s absurd.

Floyd could have been arrested without killing him. Police can enforce the law without violating our civil rights.
Not every situation is going to play out ideally. I think oftentimes the cops do a better job than you realize.

Do you think that violating our civil rights routinely and without accountability is necessary or better than a fake $20?
It was Floyds civic duty to submit to arrest peacefully

The police are accountable for that. LEO get fired and/or incarcerated for stuff like that all the time.
They violate civil rights FAR more than they’re accountable for it.

The system is set up to be highly skewed in their favor and they have to commit extremely serious offenses to ever face consequences.

Forum List

Back