Police shortage thanks to “woke” liberal democrat policy?

Floyd qualifies as a career criminal with me

As far as the cops not knowing his past they had enough trouble dealing Floyd on the day they tried to arrest him
How is a man lying face down with his hands cuffed behind his back with 2 more officers holding his legs, trouble?

It was Floyds civic duty to submit to arrest peacefully
Nope. He was being arrested. There was no risk to anyone and kneeling on him was unnecessary use of force which resulted in his death.

Chauvin is responsible for his actions.

You see that as the only other alternative?

That’s absurd.

Floyd could have been arrested without killing him. Police can enforce the law without violating our civil rights.
Floyd never agreed to being arrested

They violate civil rights FAR more than they’re accountable for it.

The system is set up to be highly skewed in their favor and they have to commit extremely serious offenses to ever face consequences.
I think that's a mighty exaggeration.

It was Floyds civic duty to submit to arrest peacefully
Devils advocate here… Was Floyd allowed to participate in Civics? If not… It’s difficult to make the argument that principaly he was obliged to submit to said Civics.

BTW, he was a shit bag, and I’m glad he’s dead…

This is the real world. Bad shit happens. You're not getting a constant flow of all of the good news and good stories about cops. You don't want that.
Bad shit does happen and the people responsible for it are held liable.

That’s the way it works for us. It should be the way it works for the police.

I think that's a mighty exaggeration.
Not at all. Police have expanded their authority dramatically and whittled down our civil rights to near non-existence.

Police can search and detain you for no reason, illegally.

Sometimes. It's getting harder though. Most cops are decent people. Also I don't know about that incident and don't feel like looking it up.
You don’t want to look it up. It’s incredibly sad and paints the police in a bad light.

Good intentions can lead to bad places. A decent person can justify violating someone’s rights if they’ve convinced themselves it’s for the greater good.

Forum List

Back