Police shortage thanks to “woke” liberal democrat policy?

You are just making excuses for corrupt police, Floyd was in their control. There was no reason for Chauvin to hold him down with a knee in his neck for over 8 mins.
In the video I saw Floyd was only under control after the police applied overwhelming force

If Floyd had not resisted artest he’d be alive today

Precisely. That means Chauvin is responsible for the outcome since he did agree to arrest him.
You are getting pretty desperate if you ate reduced to posting nonsense like that just to stay in the game

You are getting pretty desperate if you ate reduced to posting nonsense like that just to stay in the game
I can't deal with your nonsense.

If we listen to you, Chauvin has no control over his actions and everything that happened is because of Floyd, the guy laying on the ground, handcuffed and dying.

In the video I saw Floyd was only under control after the police applied overwhelming force

Never. He was making the same claims of not being able to breathe sitting in back of the police car as he did on the ground. The drugs were in the process of killing him long before that.

Stop and frisk, for example.

What right does a cop have to detain you and pat you down because they feel like it? The constitution is a joke to these people.

So what were the results of Stop and Frisk? Violent crime, particularly gun crime went down. What happened after they got rid of it? Crime went up, particularly gun crime.

Not at all. Police have expanded their authority dramatically and whittled down our civil rights to near non-existence.

Police can search and detain you for no reason, illegally.

Not illegally. It's called reasonable suspicion and cops have been using it for years.

So what were the results of Stop and Frisk? Violent crime, particularly gun crime went down. What happened after they got rid of it? Crime went up, particularly gun crime.
We don't trade constitutional protections for safety.

Unless you want to live in an authoritarian police state.

So a man lying face down with his hands cuffed behind him with 2 officers holding him down is not under control, are you kidding me.

I think pay is still an issue too. When people won't take a job what needs to happen is an increase in pay and if possible an improvement in conditions. What often happens instead is a decrease in standards with the same pay. They start hiring anybody and let them slide. If the pay is higher you can make the standards higher too. Same logic applies to teachers and the state of our education system.

There's not enough pay to take a job where they make it more dangerous for you all the time, and won't cover your back in controversial issues. That's why nobody is taking those jobs today.

There's not enough pay to take a job where they make it more dangerous for you all the time, and won't cover your back in controversial issues. That's why nobody is taking those jobs today.
Being a truck driver is more dangerous than being a cop.

We shouldn't cover their back when they violate the constitution and law.

Surely a free market conservative such as yourself understands that higher pay casts a wider net and allows you to catch more and bigger fish. If the cops got a 30% raise for example I guarantee that would go a long way toward recruitment and retention.

Heck that's happening all over the country in big Democratically controlled cities! Police are quitting their jobs there and moving to States like Texas and Florida. Who can blame them!
Yeah, if you're gonna be an itchy triggered killer it's best to go where you can get away with it.

For as much as “stop and frisk” did reduce crime; it was still wholly unconstitutional. Imagine how much more crime could be stopped if we did away with search warrants?

I can't deal with your nonsense.

If we listen to you, Chauvin has no control over his actions and everything that happened is because of Floyd, the guy laying on the ground, handcuffed and dying.
As usual you want to place all the blame on the police officer instead of the dirtbag who was passing counterfeit money and violently resisting arrest

I’m not willing to do that which leaves us at an impasse

Surely a free market conservative such as yourself understands that higher pay casts a wider net and allows you to catch more and bigger fish. If the cops got a 30% raise for example I guarantee that would go a long way toward recruitment and retention.

I disagree, but I guess that depends on where you are talking about.

Over here 70K a year is not that unusual for a police officer, and it's higher in other suburbs. I don't think money is the problem. You take a job where you yourself might end up in prison for doing your job is a pretty tough decision. Even police officers that were exonerated for their supposed crime often have to leave the force and sometimes the city itself over death threats.

Until the public and upper officials start supporting their officers, I think it's going to stay this way for a long time.

Forum List

Back