Police Union wants cop-killing labeled as hate crime!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
This hate crime BS is a type of discrimination. Saying some lives are worth more than others.

Police Union Wants Killing Cops Treated as Hate Crime - Breitbart

jan 5 2015
With over 300,000 members, the National Fraternal Order of Police wants crimes against police officers to fall under the Congressional hate crimes statute. The move comes in the wake of the brutal murders of two New York City police officers, Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu.
The group sent a letter to the White House and Congress asking for the change.

“Right now, it’s a hate crime if you attack someone solely because of the color of their skin, but it ought to be a hate crime if you attack someone solely because of the color of their uniform as well,” said Jim Pasco, the executive director of the National Fraternal Order of Police.

Yes while I don't agree with hate crimes I guess these would qualify.

"Saying some lives are worth more than others."

no, that is not what hate crime laws are saying...

hate crime laws give prosecutors discretion to protect groups of people from the harm caused by intimidation committed against groups of people.

when some of the group gets targeted just for being a part of that group, the dead people are not the only ones harmed in that group.

If killing a black guy just for being a black guy is a hate crime then why isn't killing a cop just because he is a cop a hate crime?

Because the state can say that about every crime. "you killed him because he's tall, or fat, or cross-eyed etc".

I say some murders should not be treated as worse than others based on who the victim is. Even a presidential assassination should be just another murder . THINK

If killing a black guy just for being a black guy is a hate crime then why isn't killing a cop just because he is a cop a hate crime?

Because the state can say that about every crime. "you killed him because he's tall, or fat, or cross-eyed etc".

I say some murders should not be treated as worse than others based on who the victim is. Even a presidential assassination should be just another murder . THINK
It always galled me whn its a capital crime to kill a cop,but not the guy next to him. Murder is murder all lives are equal,your already hating when you are willing to kill.

I'm of the mind that all crimes of violence are hate crimes.

You don't kill or beat someone because you like them. The moment you kill or beat someone someone you do indeed hate them

Louisiana is considering it.....

Now, in the era of the “blue lives matter” response to the “black lives matter” movement, some legislators in Louisiana are trying to answer that question. A committee in the state’s house of representatives has advanced a bill that classifies offenses committed against cops and firefighters as hate crimes.​

Louisiana bill would make offenses committed against police hate crimes

Makes sense to me.

12vieb.jpg

... some lives are worth more than others.
it ought to be a hate crime if you attack someone solely because of the color of their uniform as well,” said Jim Pasco, the executive director of the National Fraternal Order of Police.
---
I agree.
When working for the benefit of civil society, targeted hate toward the workers that results in their injury/death should have hated consequences for the perps.

Forum List

Back