Political Cartoon

1707260037446.png

BREAKING: Donald Trump unleashes a deeply unhinged response to a federal court's ruling that he does NOT have presidential immunity from prosecution for his role in the January 6th insurrection.

You can feel the panic in every word he typed. This man is absolutely terrified of going to prison...

Taking to Truth Social for his rant, Trump insisted that a president "must have Full Immunity" so that he can "properly function" and "do what has to be done for the good of the Country."

Of course, attempting to overthrow our democracy because you lost an election is the furthest thing from working towards the "good of the country."

Trump called the court's ruling "Nation-destroying," which is ironically exactly what he tried to do on January 6th when he whipped his MAGA fanatics into a lather and unleashed them on the Capitol.

He went on to claim that the ruling "cannot be allowed to stand" and that it must be "overturned" because it will "terribly injury" the presidency as well as the "Life, Breath, and Success of our Country."

"A President will be afraid to act for fear of the opposite Party’s Vicious Retribution after leaving Office," wrote Trump.

"I know from personal experience because I am going through it right now," he went on. "It will become a Political Weapon used for Election Interference. Even our Elections will be corrupted and under siege. So bad, and so dangerous for our Nation. SAVE PRESIDENTIAL IMMUNITY!"

It's worth pointing out that a president should be afraid of breaking the law by attempting a violent coup. The idea that a president can do whatever he likes, break the law at whim, and then simply slither off scot-free is just about the most unAmerican idea imaginable.

May be an image of 1 person

My tribe was forced to relocate by the government. It’s called the Trail of Tears and thousands died. So no not the same thing at all.
But you also fought with the other tribes. Sometimes you won, sometimes you lost, but you took the land you won and didn't give it back.

Forum List

Back