Political Cartoon

64b5dcc4eb9288ed.jpg

Trump Claims He's A Victim In The Alleged Dustup At Arlington National Cemetery​

Trump portrayed himself as the victim in the story about an altercation between his staffers and an Arlington National Cemetery employee this week. The Trump campaign was criticized by the U.S. military for the incident, in which his staff filmed Trump among the gravestones against cemetery policy. A Trump staffer allegedly shoved an employee who tried to ensure compliance with the rules.

Trump said family members of some of the 13 soldiers killed in the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2022 had asked him to use the cameras.

“Last night I read that I was using the site to politic, that I used it to politic — this all comes out of Washington,” Trump said in Michigan. “So I go there, they ask me to have a picture, and they say I was campaigning.”

The footage later appeared in a Trump campaign TikTok video.

“When you think about it,” Trump went on, “Joe Biden killed their children, by incompetence, should never have happened. Kamala killed their children. Just as though they had a gun in their hand, by gross incompetence.”

DON DEFIANT IN CEMETERY DUSTUP: I'M THE VICTIM!

Forum List

Back