Political Correctness / 'Offensive' Run Amok - ENOUGH APOLOGIZING FOR EVERYTHING

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
White Model Apologizes for Posing on Cover of ‘Black Hair’ Magazine with Afro ... when she was 15yo

ARE YOU F*ING KIDDING ME?! ENOUGH ALREADY!

"In a lengthy Instagram post, white British model Emily Bador is apologizing for allowing Blackhair Magazine to showcase her on its cover with her hair styled into an afro.

Bador, who issued her statement after several people on Twitter complained about the image, said she was not aware that magazine was using the photo, which is from several years ago."

One thing I learned a long time ago is that you will NEVER make everyone happy and if you try you will make yourself miserable and waste your life.

So Bador goes to a photo shoot where the Magazine and the Magazine's photographer directs her - it isn't a democracy where she - a 15yo new to the business - gets to actively participate in what photos are taken, what she wears, etc. (She could, if offended, just walk out, NOT get paid, have the photographer spread the word she's a bad model, and have her career ended, I guess...)

The photographer takes a LOT of photos, does NOT consult with her about which picture will be used, then prints this specific cover.

Then several people complain about it on Twitter...and Bador suddenly feels pressured / the need to apologize for the photo taken and the decision for it to be used.
-- Ummmm, none of that is on her.

In her apology she says the following:
"I would like to clarify, I believe this shoot is from when I was around 15 and didn’t understand cultural appropriation or the impact it has on POC.”

Cultural WHAT?! I actually had to look this up:

"According to critics of the practice, cultural (mis)appropriation differs from acculturation, assimilation, or cultural exchange in that the "appropriation" or "misappropriation" refers to the adoption of these cultural elements in a colonial manner: elements are copied from a minority culture by members of the .."

AFTER having looked it up and found the definition I am left STILL saying 'Cultural WHAT?!' :p

The photo shows a 'young white chick' with an afro in a very artsy pose - head and shoulders only - on the cover of 'Black Hair' magazine.

If 'you' are completely offended by this, if it is so offensive that it effects your daily life, you need friggin' help and / or you do not have any serious problems in your life.

Besides pointing out that she did nothing wrong which requires her to apologize, I would offer Ms. Bador that lesson I learned long ago:
- "You will NEVER make everyone happy, and if you try you will make yourself miserable and waste your life."

People, especially in THIS country right now, need to come to realize, as well, that 'you' have a lot of RIGHTS in this country...but the 'Right' NOT to be offended is NOT one of them.

When / If you feel offended, you are not OWED an apology because you feel you deserve one. No ne has to denounce something that is beyond their control....or even IN their control ... if they chose not to.

- Ms. Bador is a perfect example. She could not control the shoot or the picture chosen for the cover of the magazine. She had nothing to apologize for.

- Just because some racist assholes met together this past weekend and declared they are glad Trump won the Presidency instead of Hillary does not mean Trump has to denounce the KKK / Nazi supremacists ... AGAIN ... it does not mean he has to apologize / denounce / reject hate groups EVERY MONDAY because the All-In Pro-Hillary media reports that such a group said nice things about him over the weekend.

At some point you just have to go on with your life, ignore the haters, and realize there is no way to appease everyone.

White Model Apologizes for Posing on Cover of ‘Black Hair’ Magazine with Afro

Last edited:
I wonder how many minorities will celebrate Christmas this year with a bunch of presents placed beneath a decorated tree? How maybe will don the one Santa Claus outfit?

Don't worry, the white community won't accuse you of appropriating their culture. Only shit bag racists accuse people of "cultural appropriation".

Forum List

Back