Political odds and ends and the completely irrelevant

RandomVariable

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
I believe I don't start enough threads. Stephanie definitely thinks I should start more threads. ;)

This is a thread I will throw the odds and ends and the completely irrelevant stuff I hear and see as I go. I hope and greatly welcome all that anyone else has stuff to add or want to reply to. I at least hope that something here will spark a thread somewhere else that continues the concept.

Hey, what do you know, I just happen to have something to add. ;) Did you know: to graze cattle on federal land one has to pay $1.35 per head per month. In Texas the fee for private land is about $50 dollars. Public subsidy anyone?

Committee on Energy and Commerce was created over 200 years ago. As was the House Ways and Means Committee and the House Rules Committee. The Committee on Energy and Commerce was to protect the public’s health and marketplace interests.

Just saw a note I wrote down during debate of H.R. 1874, I think that was natural resources. Anyway, Rep. Connolly (D), the Republicans understand "the cost of everything but the value of nothing." That might be a common phrase or an original but I thought it apt. Also made a note that Republicans seem to think only private industry creates jobs. (It is said that a 1000 moneys banging away at typewriters for a 1000 years will some where in there write the entire works of Shakespeare. 999 moneys and 999 years to go. ;) )

Forum List

Back