🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Political Parties .. Screw Them

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
It's the age of information and pure popular vote.

The details .. a little weak on that so far.. :redface:

The two establishment parties long for the good old days when information to the people was filtered via just 3 major networks.

What I don't understand is why not vote Libertarian if the Republicans are pissing you off?

Think about it. It helps set them up as viable right wing party if the GOP don't get its act together. Also, it is ripe for takeover!

The two establishment parties long for the good old days when information to the people was filtered via just 3 major networks.

Discounting the voters is pathetically obvious and just plain rude, inspires corruption and basically stupid to put up with.

What I don't understand is why not vote Libertarian if the Republicans are pissing you off?

Think about it. It helps set them up as viable right wing party if the GOP don't get its act together. Also, it is ripe for takeover!

Eh, they're all pissing me off.. the Libertarian candidates.. I can't say that I'm impressed.

Information is not wisdom. There is a difference.

Pure popular vote, is exactly why we have the candidates that we do. Criminal, Crazy, and entertainer.

Pure popular vote = rule of the ignorant.

The way to break the power of the parties is to adopt public financing of elections. They're money machines. Shut off the money and they'll have to do what they're supposed to, come up with better ideas instead of selling themselves to the highest bidder.

Only the truly ignorant and the lazy would argue against political parties. Without political parties the electoral system would become completely chaotic with a hundred candidates vying for the same job and claiming that they won and the other candidates cheated. Maybe that's what the anarchists want. If you lazy ignorant SOB's don't like the way your party is drifting then get freaking involved and change it. It's ironic that low information idiots hate the Tea Party which has become the most important political movement in modern times trying to change and improve the system by making politicians more responsive to their constituents while at the same time the ignorant hypocrites whine about establishment corruption. If you really want to change the system support Trump. It might be scary but it also might be the next best thing for eliminating political party corruption that you complain about. If you want to force the democrats to drift further to the left support Sanders. If you just want to whine about it stay home.

Last edited:

Pure popular vote, is exactly why we have the candidates that we do. Criminal, Crazy, and entertainer.

Alas, pure popular vote is an essential. Maybe, this ignorance you speak of is the problem, education would be the answer.

Why we need political parties that are as established and hide bound as religions puzzles me. It's impossible for me to ever completely agree with either party. I guess it's because parties raise the bazillions of dollars necessary to get a candidate elected. Sanders is kind of proving that concept wrong, except he's not able to financially help the Democrats lower down on the ticket. So, like most everything else in this country, it boils down to $$$.
I think the election this year is proving people don't care so much about which party--the times are changing and the parties aren't keeping up.

Only the truly ignorant and the lazy would argue against political parties. Without political parties the electoral system would become completely chaotic with a hundred candidates vying for the same job and claiming that they won and the other candidates cheated. Maybe that's what the anarchists want. If you lazy ignorant SOB's don't like the way your party is drifting then get freaking involved and change it. It's ironic that low information idiots hate the Tea Party which has become the most important political movement in modern times trying to change and improve the system by making politicians more responsive to their constituents while at the same time the ignorant hypocrites whine about establishment corruption. If you really want to change the system support Trump. It might be scary but it also might be the next best thing for eliminating political party corruption that you complain about. If you want to force the democrats to drift further to the left support Sanders. If you just want to whine about it stay home.

Hey Dude, I'm just starting a discussion if you're directing this at me.. I liked your post btw.

Also .. of all the candidates, Trump seems best to me, not for his political party though, both parties have consistently let down the lower and middle-class I believe he'll do something about that, do something about the stupid basically...

Last edited:
If you lazy ignorant SOB's don't like the way your party is drifting then get freaking involved and change it.

Oh that's realistic. You know what, I don't like a couple of things about the way my car is designed. So all I gotta do is "get freaking involved and change General Motors". Good plan.

:rolleyes:

Alas, pure popular vote is an essential. Maybe, this ignorance you speak of is the problem, education would be the answer.

If education was the answer, then we wouldn't have a popular vote. Do a in depth research into the history of pure democracy, and you will see it never works. Never has in history, and there is no reason to think it will in the future.

Just think about it logically. We have one of the most educated populations in the world. When you look at this forum, does it appear to you like education is making any difference in the partisan politics that dominates this forum?

The way to break the power of the parties is to adopt public financing of elections. They're money machines. Shut off the money and they'll have to do what they're supposed to, come up with better ideas instead of selling themselves to the highest bidder.

Bull crap. There are numerous countries around the world that have public financing of elections, and not one of them has resulted in the mythical Utopia you just claims.

Now if you really want to change the way the campaign system works, fine. But with all due respect, grow up in your expectations. There has never been a corruption free political system since the dawn of human history. If you think changing the system is going to magically make politicians into altruistic benevolent leaders, you are nutz. You need an examination and prescription.

Just take a look at France, and President Jacques Chirac. Former French Communist Party, and left-wing politician, elected to president. France has publicly financed elections. Vote rigging, kick backs, fake government jobs for political supporters, and lucrative government construction contracts given for donations by corporations. Scandal after scandal.

LISTEN TO ME.....

Everyone, hear this.

As long as we have democracy.... as long as the great mass of ignorant people vote on politicians for high office..... Money will be king.

They have done research and found that NAME RECOGNITION .... ALONE.... accounts for 25% of the vote. People go into the voting booth, and have no idea who these people are. If they recognize the name, they vote for them.

So how do you get your name out there? More money. Even if you have publicly funded elections, the person who raises the most money, and buys the most ads, and funds the most partisan groups who do their own media.... whoever spends the most, has the advantage.

No amount of regulation, or public funding, is going to stop this. The only thing that is going to stop corruption, is to stop voting for corrupt people. Which is why Hillary even being in this race, is ridiculous.

No amount of regulation, or public funding, is going to stop this. The only thing that is going to stop corruption, is to stop voting for corrupt people. Which is why Hillary even being in this race, is ridiculous.
Funny how you can act so insulting and superior and then come up with one of the stupidest comments ever! "If only everyone does this or that" is one of the lamest arguments one can make. It automatically puts you in the idiot column. Your argument is strawman start to finish. I never claimed my suggestion would solve all problems. Study some logic, clean up the fallacious arguments and get back to us when you've matured a bit, son.

Funny how you can act so insulting and superior and then come up with one of the stupidest comments ever! "If only everyone does this or that" is one of the lamest arguments one can make. It automatically puts you in the idiot column. Your argument is strawman start to finish. I never claimed my suggestion would solve all problems. Study some logic, clean up the fallacious arguments and get back to us when you've matured a bit, son.

That's odd. I didn't think there was anything "superior" to simply stating the truth.

Yes or no: Did you say "shut off the money and they'll have to do what they're supposed to, come up with better ideas instead of selling themselves to the highest bidder."?

IF you did, then name one thing I said, which was not true?

France has such a system, and wow....look... they are selling themselves to the highest bidder.

So the Utopia didn't come to pass where "they came up with better ideas instead of selling themselves to the highest bidder".

Now how about you study some logic, clean up the fallacious arguments and get back to us when you've matured a bit... "son"?

Why didn't you address what was said? There was no acting insulting or superior except in your imagination. You did the insulting.

Kettle calling a pot black?

If education was the answer, then we wouldn't have a popular vote. Do a in depth research into the history of pure democracy, and you will see it never works. Never has in history, and there is no reason to think it will in the future.

Just think about it logically. We have one of the most educated populations in the world. When you look at this forum, does it appear to you like education is making any difference in the partisan politics that dominates this forum?

Yup, no doubt, you fit right in but you think you're smarter. ...:laugh:

Forum List

Back