Political Theories on Recent Shootings

NOT RELEVANT???? Are you even paying attention to your own posts?

The statistics you quoted were from the CDC (I'm sure there are other gov websites with same #s) website.

THEY ARE FOR THE GENERAL POPULATION, NOT JUST VETERANS!!!

Correct... now go back and read what I said about the large number of WWII veterans entering this high at risk demographic and why that would lead to a general increase in the overall numbers of suicides of veterans.

Then you can try to counter my more general explanation by showing that the forces which lead to higher suicide rates for all members of the 85 and older demographic group (such as failing health, the death of a spouse, etc.) do not also impact a demographic subset of that 85 and older group, to wit WWII veterans, and that therefore the general characteristics of the entire demographic group have no application to that subgroup.

Got anything to establish that contention?

NOT RELEVANT???? Are you even paying attention to your own posts?

The statistics you quoted were from the CDC (I'm sure there are other gov websites with same #s) website.

THEY ARE FOR THE GENERAL POPULATION, NOT JUST VETERANS!!!

Correct... now go back and read what I said about the large number of WWII veterans entering this high at risk demographic and why that would lead to a general increase in the overall numbers of suicides of veterans.

Then you can try to counter my more general explanation by showing that the forces which lead to higher suicide rates for all members of the 85 and older demographic group (such as failing health, the death of a spouse, etc.) do not also impact a demographic subset of that 85 and older group, to wit WWII veterans, and that therefore the general characteristics of the entire demographic group have no application to that subgroup.

Got anything to establish that contention?

you have got to be the most wishy washy person I've ever encountered. You pretend to have a view point, but when called on
it, you change your argument, and ultimately stand for nothing. You MUST be a politician.

Last edited:
you have got to be the most wishy washy person I've ever encountered.

You must not have encountered very many legaleagles..

You pretend to have a view point, but when called on
it, you change your argument, and ultimately stand for nothing.

The fact that you do not understand the point I am making is not my fault. Hint... instead of assuming I am a gon control advocate, assume that I am a gun rights advocate. If you do that, my posts may make more sense to you...

You MUST be a politician.

No, but most politicians are former legaleagles who have undergone an evil mutation.

Forum List

Back