Politically Correctness, Offensive use of the term XMas

In an increasingly politically correct world, why do people feel they can use the term XMas when referring to Christmas? This term is offensive to many Christians.
It's only a problem to the "offendaristas" of the right. It's just shorthand, 'X' being the first letter of 'Christ' in Greek.

I take no offense to Xmas, the "X" brings to my mind the cross.

For those that object, I suggest The Origin of "Xmas"
In particular the last paragraph which states us modern day Christians may be helped by understanding this use of Christian symbolism.

Last edited:
Personally, I am not offended by it. In a world where the Left seems to care about illegal migrants being offended by people showing the U.S. flag, pork being too close to Muslims, A public school football coach praying before a game, the Left needs to be more consistent. Many Christians are offended by use of the term Xmas. If the Lefty PC crowd truly wants a PC world, then they need to support Christians not being offended as well.

the problem with that is fucking Christians are offended by everything which doesn't involve them being able to impose their backward-ass superstitions on the rest of us.
Tell that to the 14 dead in California, because of the PC people like yourself.

In an increasingly politically correct world, why do people feel they can use the term XMas when referring to Christmas? This term is offensive to many Christians.
Why do you find it offensive?

I don't but some Christians do. Got me thinking how the PC Police always react when a minority says something offends them (American Flag, Prayer, cartoon of Muhammad) and the PC police jumps to their defense and cause.

I stated above I don't find it offensive but am calling out yet more Hypocrisy from the Left created PC Police. Like a block of Swiss cheese, it has many holes.
It's not hypocrisy. There is no central pc database. Pc is simply what people have accepted as the polite way to interact with each other. It used to be called manners before some people got mad that throwing around racial slurs was no longer considered polite.

Xmas is not widely used. It's not something even all or most christians find offensive. If enough did and they made a large enough stink over it the use would no longer be considered polite ad even fewer peoe would use it

Personally, I am not offended by it. In a world where the Left seems to care about illegal migrants being offended by people showing the U.S. flag, pork being too close to Muslims, A public school football coach praying before a game, the Left needs to be more consistent. Many Christians are offended by use of the term Xmas. If the Lefty PC crowd truly wants a PC world, then they need to support Christians not being offended as well.

the problem with that is fucking Christians are offended by everything which doesn't involve them being able to impose their backward-ass superstitions on the rest of us.
Political correctness had nothing to do with their deaths.

Those people would be alive without it. So yes it does, and every liberal has blood on their hands.

Those people would be alive without it. So yes it does, and every liberal has blood on their hands.
Lol. You live in a fantasy land. How have you come to this conclusion?

You have blood on your hands, how does it feel?

Lol. You are a crazy person. But I'll ask again, how have you come to this conclusion?

Lol. You are a crazy person. But I'll ask again, how have you come to this conclusion?
Two people has come forward and said they thought about reporting the couple, but didn't because they were afraid of being called racist. Well it's liberals like yourself that was calling everyone racist when Obama was elected. Liberals invented PC and therefore you have blood on your hands.

It shouldn't be. It's a term that Christians came up with.

My point exactly. The name stays.

RT%20redskins%20name%20banner.jpg

Two people has come forward and said they thought about reporting the couple, but didn't because they were afraid of being called racist. Well it's liberals like yourself that was calling everyone racist when Obama was elected. Liberals invented PC and therefore you have blood on your hands.
And what would those people have reported? Muslims in the neighborhood?

Pc had nothing to do with it

I don't but some Christians do. Got me thinking how the PC Police always react when a minority says something offends them (American Flag, Prayer, cartoon of Muhammad) and the PC police jumps to their defense and cause.

I stated above I don't find it offensive but am calling out yet more Hypocrisy from the Left created PC Police. Like a block of Swiss cheese, it has many holes.
It's not hypocrisy. There is no central pc database. Pc is simply what people have accepted as the polite way to interact with each other. It used to be called manners before some people got mad that throwing around racial slurs was no longer considered polite.

Xmas is not widely used. It's not something even all or most christians find offensive. If enough did and they made a large enough stink over it the use would no longer be considered polite ad even fewer peoe would use it

Most illegal immigrants and Muslims don't find someone here in the US wearing a T-Shirt of the American Flag or raising the American flag outside their doorstep yet if one or a few have issue with it, the PC police takes notice. Most agnostics and atheists don't have a problem with the mention of God in the Pledge of Allegiance; yet, for the few that do, the PC Police again wags their finger at US about tolerance.

Most illegal immigrants and Muslims don't find someone here in the US wearing a T-Shirt of the American Flag or raising the American flag outside their doorstep yet if one or a few have issue with it, the PC police takes notice. Most agnostics and atheists don't have a problem with the mention of God in the Pledge of Allegiance; yet, for the few that do, the PC Police again wags their finger at US about tolerance.
I think you're imagining things

Bullshit political correctness had a part in their deaths. We are taught, "If you see something, say something". Neighbors of the jihadi terrorists saw something yet were afraid to come forward due to backlash from bullshit political correctness. Even after all of that, we have an attorney General threatening to prosecute anything she deems offensive to Muslims in the US.

Xmas Abbreviation

Actually, this usage is nearly as old as Christianity itself, and its origins lie in the fact that the first letter in the Greek word for 'Christ' is 'chi,' and the Greek letter 'chi' is represented by a symbol similar to the letter 'X' in the modern Roman alphabet. Hence 'Xmas' is indeed perfectly legitimate abbreviation for the word 'Christmas' (just as 'Xian' is also sometimes used as an abbreviation of the word 'Christian').
^ That and people who type a lot use abbreviations. Get over it xstians.

Bullshit political correctness had a part in their deaths. We are taught, "If you see something, say something". Neighbors of the jihadi terrorists saw something
No they didn't. They wish they had, either out of some sort of survivor's guilt or a desire to make themselves important, but they saw nothing suspicious.

Muslims in the neighborhood is not suspicious

The rest of your post was just a flat out lie. You should feel ashamed

Everything is abbreviated these days mostly thanks to the internet. There are enough things to get angry about besides the word Xmas.

It's only a problem to the "offendaristas" of the right. It's just shorthand, 'X' being the first letter of 'Christ' in Greek.

That's like the supporters of the Stars and Bars Confederate Flag saying that it is only offense to those who don't realize that it was history, tradition, like the chi shorthand.

Xmas Abbreviation

Actually, this usage is nearly as old as Christianity itself, and its origins lie in the fact that the first letter in the Greek word for 'Christ' is 'chi,' and the Greek letter 'chi' is represented by a symbol similar to the letter 'X' in the modern Roman alphabet. Hence 'Xmas' is indeed perfectly legitimate abbreviation for the word 'Christmas' (just as 'Xian' is also sometimes used as an abbreviation of the word 'Christian').
Precisely!!!! No Christian should be offended by the x.

Forum List

Back