🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Politicized FBI at it again...going after Missouri CCW info...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
The FBI is attempting to "audit" Missouri Sheriff's Offices to illegally obtain CCW information that only Missouri Sheriff's Departments are privy to.

A little background. The Missouri State Troopers initially ran the Missouri CCW program ...until...

After that breech of law and trust, the CCW Program became the sole jurisdiction of the local County Sheriff's Office.

I just renewed my CCW a few months ago. The local Sheriff's Office took my renewal application, ran my background check, approved my new CCW and printed my CCW license right there in the Sheriff's Office the next morning.

Well ... looks like the Fed's really don't like being left out of the loop... they're going to get that information come hell or high water...

Missouri sheriff says even under 'threat of arrest' he will not release gun owners' info to FBI

The FBI is attempting to "audit" Missouri Sheriff's Offices to illegally obtain CCW information that only Missouri Sheriff's Departments are privy to.

A little background. The Missouri State Troopers initially ran the Missouri CCW program ...until...

After that breech of law and trust, the CCW Program became the sole jurisdiction of the local County Sheriff's Office.

I just renewed my CCW a few months ago. The local Sheriff's Office took my renewal application, ran my background check, approved my new CCW and printed my CCW license right there in the Sheriff's Office the next morning.

Well ... looks like the Fed's really don't like being left out of the loop... they're going to get that information come hell or high water...

Missouri sheriff says even under 'threat of arrest' he will not release gun owners' info to FBI

Sounds more like Department of Homeland Defense to me. They are the ones that do the background checks on the National Agency side of TN permits.

Sounds more like Department of Homeland Defense to me. They are the ones that do the background checks on the National Agency side of TN permits.
I can only tell you what the Missouri Attorney General tells me...

 Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt also demanded that the FBI "cease their attempts to illegally obtain information from local sheriffs on Missourians who have concealed carry permits," and sent a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray on the matter last week.

"The FBI has absolutely no business poking around in the private information of those who have obtained a concealed carry permit in Missouri," Schmitt said, according to a press release. "The Second Amendment rights of Missourians will absolutely not be infringed on my watch. I will use the full power of my Office to stop the FBI, which has become relentlessly politicized and has virtually no credibility, from illegally prying around in the personal information of Missouri gun owners."

That's from the article cited in post #1.

We must zee, zee paperszzz.

1658266031581.png

 Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt also demanded that the FBI "cease their attempts to illegally obtain information from local sheriffs on Missourians who have concealed carry permits," and sent a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray on the matter last week.

"The FBI has absolutely no business poking around in the private information of those who have obtained a concealed carry permit in Missouri," Schmitt said, according to a press release. "The Second Amendment rights of Missourians will absolutely not be infringed on my watch. I will use the full power of my Office to stop the FBI, which has become relentlessly politicized and has virtually no credibility, from illegally prying around in the personal information of Missouri gun owners."

Interesting. I wonder what the FBI wants with it.

All of the crap that Democrats are doing is because their AG is corrupt and doesn't follow the law. The FBI director needs to be brought up on charges, but the president has to be given a choice of removing him or face impeachment. The AG needs to be fired for abuse of authority and criminal negligence.

One of the first things the GOP better do when they take the House and Senate back is clean house at the FBI and CIA. Fire all the leadership and let the agents elect the new leaders from THEIR RANKS.

One of the first things the GOP better do when they take the House and Senate back is clean house at the FBI and CIA. Fire all the leadership and let the agents elect the new leaders from THEIR RANKS.
They can't do that. Only the president can fire members of his cabinet and senior directors in the Executive branch.
What needs to be done is anyone who got vaccinated gets a pink slip. They're a threat to the non-vaccinated folks.
They can go look for work in some other country maybe.

Last edited:
Interesting. I wonder what the FBI wants with it.
P.S. - The copy the Missouri Highway Patrol released went directly to the ATF...

 Gov. Jay Nixon previously said the State had not sent the information to some “magical” federal database, an assertion that Schaefer said is completely false Tuesday. “There is a magical database,” Schaefer told reporters.

“It was an Excel sheet with a code, apparently on a sheet of paper,” he said of the documents sent to the two federal entities. The sheet of paper, he said, was in the same package in the mail with the disk with the Excel file. Schaefer called on the social security investigator, Kevin Schielb, to testify before his committee.

Speaking later on the Senate floor, Schaefer said “it is apparent now that before the Department of Revenue and Highway Patrol produced that list in January, they knew it was a joint request between the ATF and Social Security.”

Here in Missouri we don't need a permit to CCW. So they won't be getting my info.

BTW - Anyone want to buy some .45ACP ammo here in MO?
Ammo 45ACP.jpg

Last edited:
If I had to guess? To add to an illegal backdoor gun registration database.
When I got my permit, it did not have anything related to what gun I wanted to carry. I would be surprised if Missouri's had that kind of information. Lots of people, maybe most don't carry the same gun all the time. Hardly anybody carries the one they started with.

When I got my permit, it did not have anything related to what gun I wanted to carry. I would be surprised if Missouri's had that kind of information. Lots of people, maybe most don't carry the same gun all the time. Hardly anybody carries the one they started with.
It doesn't.

But you're assuming it's a list of guns.

You don't get a CCW unless you're a gun owner... and more proactive on matters of both personal defense and individualism.

The federal government cannot legally compile a firearm registration...but there is no legal prohibition on compiling lists of gun owners.

"FOPA makes it illegal for the national government or any state in the country to keep any database or registry that ties firearms directly to their owner."

Sounds like a pretty solid workaround doesn't it.

P.S. - The copy the Missouri Highway Patrol released went directly to the ATF...

 Gov. Jay Nixon previously said the State had not sent the information to some “magical” federal database, an assertion that Schaefer said is completely false Tuesday. “There is a magical database,” Schaefer told reporters.

“It was an Excel sheet with a code, apparently on a sheet of paper,” he said of the documents sent to the two federal entities. The sheet of paper, he said, was in the same package in the mail with the disk with the Excel file. Schaefer called on the social security investigator, Kevin Schielb, to testify before his committee.

Speaking later on the Senate floor, Schaefer said “it is apparent now that before the Department of Revenue and Highway Patrol produced that list in January, they knew it was a joint request between the ATF and Social Security.”

This gets deeper all the time. ATF is about firearms themselves, not permit holders, and I have no idea in hell, what Social Security needs with it. This is pretty weird. Could there be some sort of joint investigation of retired sheriffs, selling or for money helping get permits or weapons for people not allowed to have permits, if they can be printed right in a Sheriffs office?

This gets deeper all the time. ATF is about firearms themselves, not permit holders, and I have no idea in hell, what Social Security needs with it. This is pretty weird. Could there be some sort of joint investigation of retired sheriffs, selling or for money helping get permits or weapons for people not allowed to have permits, if they can be printed right in a Sheriffs office?
When the Highway Patrol released the data to the ATF and Social Security Administration, permits were handled by the Missouri Department of Revenue (the equivalent to what many states call the DMV) and the Highway Patrol handled the background checks. This was back in the Obama/Holder era.

The legislature discovered the release totally accidentally while investigating whether the DoR was illegally initiating federal RealID compliance.

AFTER that breach, the legislature removed the DoR and the Highway Patrol from any involvement in the CCW administration process and decentralized it by placing the entire system under the purview of the Local County Sheriff's Offices.

Now there is no way to compile a statewide CCW list from a single source...because the Federal Government can't be trusted.

Each counties data is held locally on paper...not digitally.

The ONLY way to access the data is in person.

Now the Biden/Garland FBI has demanded in-person on-site audits of Missouri County Sheriff's Department in 24 counties so far.

Last edited:
I have no idea in hell, what Social Security needs with it.
The claim presented at the time was that the SSA was attempting to correlate those receiving mental health disability or those who had applied for mental health disability compensation with those who held CCW permits... supposedly to initiate some sort of fraud investigation.

No evidence of any such investigation was ever produced by the SSA, and no formal request for the CCW list was ever submitted.

When the Highway Patrol released the data to the ATF and Social Security Administration, permits were handled by the Missouri Department of Revenue (the equivalent to what many states call the DMV) and the Highway Patrol handled the background checks. This was back in the Obama/Holder era.

The legislature discovered the release totally accidentally while investigating whether the DoR was illegally initiating federal RealID compliance.

AFTER that breach, the legislature removed the DoR and the Highway Patrol from any involvement in the CCW administration process and decentralized it by placing the entire system under the purview of the Local County Sheriff's Offices.

Now there is no way to compile a statewide CCW list from a single source...because the Federal Government can't be trusted.

Each counties data is held locally on paper...not digitally.

The ONLY way to access the data is in person.

Now the Biden/Garland FBI has demanded in-person on-site audits of Missouri County Sheriff's Department in 24 counties so far.
Sounds strange, nobody doing a national agency check with any national agency, yet permits often recognized across state lines. Unless there is some illegality, it is none of the FBI's business, nor ATF and certainly not Social Security. There has got to be more than meets the eye here. I hope you keep up with this and let us know developments. Makes me wonder if something going on in other states as well.

I don't carry a gun.
I don't want to get in a situation where I shoot someone.
Course if it gets as bad here in TN as it is in CA....I might reassess that.

I don't carry a gun.
I don't want to get in a situation where I shoot someone.
Course if it gets as bad here in TN as it is in CA....I might reassess that.
I know you have spent time in both, have gotten around, and still get around. I am somewhat familiar with your background. I would not want you to have to shoot anybody either, just like I do not want to shoot anybody, but you are the kind that the state of Tennessee would be pleased to have carrying, though it would serve you not on California trips, except in most of the states you pass through if you drive. I also know, you get down to Florida on occasion, and you would be legal, all the way. As a Tennessean (for better or worse) you can already legally carry in the state of Tennessee, just not outside the state.

Forum List

Back