POLL: How Bout An Official Gesture Of Atonement For Past Sins Against African Americans?...

Would You Support An Official Government-Sponsored Gesture Of Atonement To African Americans

• Yes

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 89.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Blacks only remind us of slavery when they want something. They make other blacks victims of crime and then turn and tell us we treated them badly, lol.

How about not profiling and targeting blacks by the police and justice system ? How about we start there .

I'd be much more appreciated .

How about if blacks stop blaming whitey and look in the mirror?

[/QUOTE]
Can you say anything outside your democrat talking points? Or did they give you a lobotomy on the democrat plantation?[/QUOTE]

You need to go look in the mirror you tape recorder.

They need what all our poor and middle class need: a higher min wage, enterprise zones, more scholarships, free com college, public U's, lower taxes and fees. Enough with bs.
Fine... YOU give it to 'em, and YOU pay for it.
Nope, the bloated rich and giant corps who've been laughing all the way to the bank for 30 years will pay, Pub dupe.
Good luck getting all that shit passed in Congress, and vetted by SCOTUS, Princess...

As to being a "Pub dupe"...

I have no idea what you're talking about; I voted for Obumble in both 2008 and 2012, and Bernie Sanders in the Illinois primaries this past spring season...

Then again, you have no idea what you're talking about, so, it's a wash...

How about not profiling and targeting blacks by the police and justice system ? How about we start there .

I'd be much more appreciated .

How about if blacks stop blaming whitey and look in the mirror?
That would require admitting that they've been thinking wrongly, and that would require that they be open and honest in their inward searching for the real underlying cause...

That would require taking responsibility for themselves...

Many simply don't have it in 'em...

They've been "owned" by the Democrats for several generations now; so long, that they no longer recognize related truth, right under their noses...

Would you support it? Do you think it would help heal the deep wounds? Maybe an official Government-sponsored acknowledgement and atonement could lead to reconciliation.

Most African Americans still feel anger and sorrow over how they've been treated. It does seem like an open festering wound. Maybe a kind official gesture could help African Americans forgive and get some kind of closure. What do you think?

Not just no, but HELL NO.

As to so-called 'Reparations', and all that Forty-Acres-and-a-Mule happy horseshit...

Besides the insurmountable entitlement-vetting and diluted bloodline problems...

Such gestures would have very little substantive and long-term impact, would just prolong the agony in weaning them off the government teat, and would trigger race-wars or riots, rather than prevent them...

In any event, the likelihood of that materializing after January 20, 2017, is next to nil...

TIme to flush that Fantasy Island shit out of your brain-boxes, people...

Would you support it? Do you think it would help heal the deep wounds? Maybe an official Government-sponsored acknowledgement and atonement could lead to reconciliation.

Most African Americans still feel anger and sorrow over how they've been treated. It does seem like an open festering wound. Maybe a kind official gesture could help African Americans forgive and get some kind of closure. What do you think?
I bet african americans are really upset over the last 7.5 years.....tyrone scratches head.

They need what all our poor and middle class need: a higher min wage, enterprise zones, more scholarships, free com college, public U's, lower taxes and fees. Enough with bs.
Fine... YOU give it to 'em, and YOU pay for it.
Nope, the bloated rich and giant corps who've been laughing all the way to the bank for 30 years will pay, Pub dupe.
Good luck getting all that shit passed in Congress, and vetted by SCOTUS, Princess...

As to being a "Pub dupe"...

I have no idea what you're talking about; I voted for Obumble in both 2008 and 2012, and Bernie Sanders in the Illinois primaries this past spring season...

Then again, you have no idea what you're talking about, so, it's a wash...
Then get behind Dem policy- in this case raising taxes on the rich and giant corps, NOT YOU.

As to so-called 'Reparations', and all that Forty-Acres-and-a-Mule happy horseshit...

Besides the insurmountable entitlement-vetting and diluted bloodline problems...

Such gestures would have very little substantive and long-term impact, would just prolong the agony in weaning them off the government teat, and would trigger race-wars or riots, rather than prevent them...

In any event, the likelihood of that materializing after January 20, 2017, is next to nil...

TIme to flush that Fantasy Island shit out of your brain-boxes, people...

You uh, know that 'Forty-Acres-and-a-Mule happy horseshit' was a Republican idea.... the first instance of "affirmative action" and a legacy of the Whigs' big-government philosophy...

I suspect you do know that, but as we've got ignorami on this board believing that political parties are some kind of rock that holds fast through time, why feed that ignorance. Context, brother.

Sure if Democrats are the ones paying for it. Remember your history Democrats were the party of slavery and Jim Crow.

My ancestors have nothing to atone for they fought and died to end slavery.

The democrat party has to apologize to blacks they destroyed and killed to protect slavery.

The Democrats were gracious enough to lose the Civil War and allow blacks to be free. Maybe the Democratic Party needs to atone for their sins and the sins of their fathers and their father's fathers.

The democrat party has to apologize to blacks they destroyed and killed to protect slavery.

The Democrats were gracious enough to lose the Civil War and allow blacks to be free. Maybe the Democratic Party needs to atone for their sins and the sins of their fathers and their father's fathers.

Slavery was around and flourishing WAY before there were any political parties here at all. And I mean WAY.

Further, the Civil War was not fought between "parties". Has anyone here any knowledge of history at all?

Lesson 1: in the election of 1860, directly before the War, the Republican candidate Lincoln and the Democratic candidate Douglas each won exactly the same number of electoral votes from the South --- ZERO.

No, it would only encourage them to seek more....these people don't care about that stuff, they use it to guilt others into getting what they want. Blacks biggest problems are other blacks, the crime in their neighborhoods. They remove that, they would have business move in and create jobs for them.

Slavery was around and flourishing WAY before there were any political parties here at all. And I mean WAY.

Further, the Civil War was not fought between "parties". Has anyone here any knowledge of history at all?

Lesson 1: in the election of 1860, directly before the War, the Republican candidate Lincoln and the Democratic candidate Douglas each won exactly the same number of electoral votes from the South --- ZERO.

Breckinridge a Democrat won 72 electoral votes. Douglas won Missouri.

Buchanan swept the south in 1856.

Last edited:

With some it will only agitate...