POLL: How many recent police shootings would have happened if....

How many shootings would have happened if they had not resisted arrest?

• 0% - Resist arrest and all bets are off, do what the cop says

Votes: 29 85.3%
  • 25%

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 50%

• 75%

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 100% - The cops would have found an excuse to kill them anyway

• Total voters
Resisting arrest in NY is a class A misdemeanor. We don't have any provisions for authorizing the police to serve as prosecutor, judge, jury, and executioner for class A misdemeanors.
That is because no one has been shot for resisting arrest. They have been killed for actions that threaten the life of the law enforcement officer.

Failed again carby...

Resisting arrest in NY is a class A misdemeanor. We don't have any provisions for authorizing the police to serve as prosecutor, judge, jury, and executioner for class A misdemeanors.
That is because no one has been shot for resisting arrest. They have been killed for actions that threaten the life of the law enforcement officer.

Failed again carby...

You lie.

Failed again carby...

You lie.
I don't, but then, maybe I should be concerned. A professional liar like you may know what your talking about....

Wait.....

Nope, I haven't lied....whew...that was close.

Failed again carby...

You lie.
I don't, but then, maybe I should be concerned. A professional liar like you may know what your talking about....

Wait.....

Let's start here. Where's the threat to the cop's life?

Let's look at the starting point from the cops perspective...........

When an officer is confronted with a situation involving a black male what is their perception as they enter and engage in the situation?

If the officer is working in an urban area, especially a large one, their starting point is very likely to be that they see black males causing the majority of street crime, especially violent street crime.
Because of this, it's no wonder that police officers react differently when responding to black males.

Failed again carby...

You lie.

Wait.....

Let's start here. Where's the threat to the cop's life?

Oh my, darktard seems to have fled the interview. What a surprise.

An outspoken activist critical of police learned what it's like to be in their position....

Full disclosure: I have already whipped out the abacus to keep track of how many times it will be said or inferred I am a racist for daring to ask such a CRAZY question...

Let's look at the police shootings of Black Americans over the last five to eight years, particularly those that made national news and/or inspired protests.

What percentage of those shootings would have happened if the guy had simply, immediately and fully followed police orders, like you and I would have? If they had not resisted arrest to some degree?

Addressing this issue should be done with as much care as addressing the issue of bad cops, no?

The problem here isn't "Well, he was resisting".

The problem was, how often is deadly force your go-to solution when confronted with a dangerous situation.

Dylan Roof was white, and they took him alive after he fled the state for killing 9 people.
The Guys in Oregon were white, they were allowed to squat on federal property for months before they were mostly peacefuly arrested.

James Holmes- Taken alive after he just shot 70 people.

Now conversely-

Terence Cutcher- Shot although he was unarmed.
Laquan McDonald - Shot 16 times, although he was only holding a pocket knife. 15 times when he was on the ground.
Tamir Rice- Shot 2 seconds after the cop emerged from the car, with the TOY gun still in his belt.

Seeing a pattern here, Mac. "Resisting" isn't the problem.

My assumption is that something going on culturally. Either it's generally acceptable to resist arrest or it's actually a positive in some way.

I rarely see this brought up, and it seems blatantly clear to me that it's a critical part of the story.

First, in most of these cases, we only have the cop's word the person in question was "resisting arrest".

Second, I suspect that when these suspects are pulled over the other 50 times in their lives they went along with the "Driving While Black" abuse that is common amongst police departments. Maybe they just got fed up, maybe they were just having a bad day and decided to talk back.

But if a cop is so bad at his job that a traffic infraction quickly escalates to a deadly force situation, they are just plain doing it wrong.

That is because they are far more likely to resist arrest!

White people know fight in the police is a losing battle. Hispanic for the most part do also.

But Blacks fight the cops, act erratically and don't obey commands and then face dire consequences.

White people aren't subjected to daily harrassment by the police.

White people aren't involved in street crime to the degree that black people are.

See how that works?

Which is,exactly why this system COMPLETELY FAILS at reducing or stopping crime from happening. There are no serious consequences for committing crimes in this country right now. It's disgusting.

So you support the administration of the death penalty without trial for individuals committing misdemeanors.

Why am I not surprised? You are a typical conservative.
No, he is a psychopath and needs to be put down like the mad dog he wishes he was.

So you support the administration of the death penalty without trial for individuals committing misdemeanors.

I support the death penalty for anyone who breaks the law, period. People need to learn that they are not above the Law or the Culture. Period. Full stop. No exceptions.

Once Society begins to return to an understanding of the Citizen's place in it, then maybe things can be loosened. U til then.... Kill them All and Let the God's sort them out.
That brought a tear to my eye. Beautiful words, my friend.
Only if you're as psychopathic as he is.

Failed again carby...

You lie.

That's funny coming from Mr Liar himself.

That is because they are far more likely to resist arrest!

White people know fight in the police is a losing battle. Hispanic for the most part do also.

But Blacks fight the cops, act erratically and don't obey commands and then face dire consequences.
Exactly. All these deaths are on them. Until they learn how to respond to authority, they will continue to die.

And I will continue to have ZERO sympathy.

Forum List

Back