POLL: Is Russia a threat to the US?

Is Russia a threat to the US?

• Total voters
ObamaCare is far more oppressive and anti-freedom than anything I've ever seen in my life in the USA; it's something not even Putin would have dreamed about passing

Despite the campaign of lies by CBS and the New York Times, once the wall fell the truth was discovered, most of Russia is third world. Fellow travelers in the U.S. press spent decades portraying the Communist system as a competing equivalent. It wasn't. And despite Communist claims of equality - Russia was the polar opposite. A land where there were literally enclaves dedicated to science and technology while all around them lived in the dark ages. Modern apartments for party bosses in Moscow were displayed as the norm, but half the country lacked running water, much less electricity.

Things have gotten better in Russia, but half the country is still backwards and primitive. They are not a first world nation - period.

Despite the campaign of lies by CBS and the New York Times, once the wall fell the truth was discovered, most of Russia is third world. Fellow travelers in the U.S. press spent decades portraying the Communist system as a competing equivalent. It wasn't. And despite Communist claims of equality - Russia was the polar opposite. A land where there were literally enclaves dedicated to science and technology while all around them lived in the dark ages. Modern apartments for party bosses in Moscow were displayed as the norm, but half the country lacked running water, much less electricity.

Things have gotten better in Russia, but half the country is still backwards and primitive. They are not a first world nation - period.

My friend had a Russian engineer stay with him right after the Wall came down. On their first trip to an A&P the Russian was in tears, a grown man crying like a baby. He said he thought there was no such thing as an American supermarket, that it was all a lie to make Russians feel inferior. Reagan had it right, if the Russian people knew how badly Communism sucked they'd rebel.

Now if we can only convince our Democrats of the same

PurpleDrank.jpg

Greatest threats in order (in my opinion):
1) Obama Administration
2) Federal Reserve
3) China
4) Unchecked illegal immigration
5) North Korea
6) ACLU
7) Russia

It depends on what you define as "a threat".

On a pure technical level, of course Russia is a threat. They have nuclear missiles, that can hit, and wipe out, most US cities. From that perspective, yeah they are a threat, without question.

However, on a practical level, if they launched nukes, we would to, and even though they would do more damage to us, than we did to them, that would only be because they have less to damage.

And that's the point. Should we be scared of Russia? More like a healthy respect would be a good policy. I'm still more concerned with states passing off nuclear weapons to non-state actors. Russia isn't going to do anything to start world war 3, unless we're stupid enough to force them into it. A healthy respect, will yield wisdom to not do that.

Obama is a far bigger threat to the USA

Utter nonsense. You should try living in Russia under Putin. You'd change your tune real fast.

Little difference between Marxism in Russia vs. Marxism in the USA. Obama is a greater threat to the USA than Putin is ... by far!

Your both right, and both wrong.

Again, it depends on what you mean by "threat". Putin is a large military threat than Obama. He can wipe out a US city, with a button press.

But if you mean a threat to our system, our freedom, our political and economic system, by far Obama is a larger threat.

It just depends on which 'threat' you mean. Obama isn't going to attack US cities with troops. We would have to fall under the dictatorship of the left, before that happens.

Putin could. Just being honest, he could. Now it wouldn't go well for him, but he could do it.

Only Obama could have turned a country at peace worldwide into an international threat. :mad:

I am all in favor of blaming Obama for everything he does wrong. I'm not sure this is one of them.

Russia, is Russia. They demand respect, demand favor, and are willing to use force to get it. They are a hard country to deal with. That's just how it is.

Only Obama could have turned a country at peace worldwide into an international threat. :mad:

I am all in favor of blaming Obama for everything he does wrong. I'm not sure this is one of them.

Russia, is Russia. They demand respect, demand favor, and are willing to use force to get it. They are a hard country to deal with. That's just how it is.

Does that give us the right to stick our noses into it and antagonize them?

They're a threat on every level or we wouldn't be letting Mr. Ketchup fuck up Syria, or Soros and his NGOs try to push a color revolution in the Ukraine. This shit is so simple people. The biggest boys on the block are fighting over resources and world dominance for the rest of the century.

Forum List

Back