[POLL] - Liberals, how much is a "fair share?" - Taxes

What's the "fair share?"

• Total voters
Real Americans support high taxes! lol.

I like your appeal to patriotism there.

By what actual real world measures are our taxes high? If they were, wouldn't you expect people like you to be leaving?

Medieval serfs rebelled when their taxes exceeded 30%...

Our Progressive Income tax system retards growth by punishing success..which never works out very well.

Zero evidence that the government spending our taxes on goods and services has any different impact on our economy than Americans putting the same money back into circulation themselves.

And we pay for many critical services that way.

Why must you avoid my question?

You disagree that taxes shouldn't be higher? What are you, unpatriotic?

The question isn't why can't we raise taxes. The question is why shouldn't we cut them by 70%?

Our control on taxes is at the polls. Vote for the people that you believe will bring about what you want. I will too. We each have no choice but to live with the results.

By what actual real world measures are our taxes high? If they were, wouldn't you expect people like you to be leaving?

Our Progressive Income tax system retards growth by punishing success..which never works out very well.

Zero evidence that the government spending our taxes on goods and services has any different impact on our economy than Americans putting the same money back into circulation themselves.

Simple logic tells you that taking money from people who actually produce something and giving it to tics on the ass of society is going to decrease the net total output of useful goods and services.

The fact that a parasite can spend money just as well as a someone who works isn't the point. What each person produces is the point.

Aside from the Dept of Defense, I can't think of a single "critical service." The term is practically an oxymoron.

You disagree that taxes shouldn't be higher? What are you, unpatriotic?

The question isn't why can't we raise taxes. The question is why shouldn't we cut them by 70%?

Our control on taxes is at the polls. Vote for the people that you believe will bring about what you want. I will too. We each have no choice but to live with the results.

Non sequitur.

Why can't we cut taxes by 70%?

Simple logic tells you that taking money from people who actually produce something and giving it to tics on the ass of society is going to decrease the net total output of useful goods and services.

The fact that a parasite can spend money just as well as a someone who works isn't the point. What each person produces is the point.

Aside from the Dept of Defense, I can't think of a single "critical service." The term is practically an oxymoron.

You do understand that money circulates, right?

We understand your desire for free government services, which you disguise by pretending ignorance of services that you gladly, if unknowingly, take advantage of every day. So be it. There are enough of us not in denial to offset the ignorazzi at the polls.

Well at least you don't have to worry about that. I mean, other than 22,500 posts of drivel what is it you "produce?" Bile? Weird rhetoric?

I mean wtf do you produce that is worthwhile that people would spend money on?

Well at least you don't have to worry about that. I mean, other than 22,500 posts of drivel what is it you "produce?" Bile? Weird rhetoric?

He's a major player in the ignorance market.

Non sequitur.

The simple truth is not a non sequitur, no matter how inconvenient.

Non sequitur.

You are still refusing to answer the question. You asked why we can't raise taxes. The corollary to the proposition is the question "why can't we lower taxes and government spending?"

You obviously don't want to answer the question.

Couldn't agree more. The real parasites - the ones sucking the most money from the system - tend to be top executives, Wall Street douchebags and bankers.

What difference does it make what I produce since I'm not sucking off the taxpayers?

The question is what does a tick on the ass of society produce that justifies giving him a slice of the money I earn?

What does the Dept of Education produce?

Couldn't agree more. The real parasites - the ones sucking the most money from the system - tend to be top executives, Wall Street douchebags and bankers.

Only morons swallow that libturd bullshit that corporate executives are parasites. The taxpayers don't pay their salaries, so by definition they aren't parasites.

On the other hand, every employee at the Dept of Education is a useless tick on the ass of society.

Non sequitur.

You are still refusing to answer the question. You asked why we can't raise taxes. The corollary to the proposition is the question "why can't we lower taxes and government spending?"

"You asked why we can't raise taxes."

No, I didn't.

Taxes are merely the consequence of services. Just like privately produced products have a cost.

Private companies price by market forces and charge whatever the market bears despite the cost.

Government supplied services are priced at cost.

We should always ask what services have lost their value and what new needs for additional services have arisen.

And tax accordingly.

Money is just useless scraps of paper. You can't eat it or wear it. Spending money isn't a service to the taxpayers.

We understand your desire for free government services, which you disguise by pretending ignorance of services that you gladly, if unknowingly, take advantage of every day. So be it. There are enough of us not in denial to offset the ignorazzi at the polls.

There you go again, attributing positions to me that I don't hold. I don't want free government "services." I want no government "services."

Please explain why I should be charged for stuff I haven't asked for and don't want.

Only morons swallow that libturd bullshit that corporate executives are parasites. The taxpayers don't pay their salaries, so by definition they aren't parasites.

On the other hand, every employee at the Dept of Education is a useless tick on the ass of society.

"The taxpayers don't pay their salaries, so by definition they aren't parasites."

Workers, consumers, and shareholders do. When a small useless thing lives at the expense of a big thing, that is a parasite.

"You asked why we can't raise taxes."

No, I didn't.

Taxes are merely the consequence of services. Just like privately produced products have a cost.

Private companies price by market forces and charge whatever the market bears despite the cost.

Government supplied services are priced at cost.

We should always ask what services have lost their value and what new needs for additional services have arisen.

And tax accordingly.

When you start saying that Americans pay less in taxes than all other countries, what you're actually doing is lobbying for a tax increase.

As for your bullshit theory about the price of government services, it's a non sequitur because the price I pay for stuff that I don't want and haven't asked for is zero in the free market. Why should it be any different with government "services?"

There is zero need for services people don't want. If people had the option of not paying for the "services" of the Dept of Education, it's budget would be zero.

Money is just useless scraps of paper. You can't eat it or wear it. Spending money isn't a service to the taxpayers.

There you go again, attributing positions to me that I don't hold. I don't want free government "services." I want no government "services."

Please explain why I should be charged for stuff I haven't asked for and don't want.

Vote for people who promise no government services.

"The taxpayers don't pay their salaries, so by definition they aren't parasites."

Workers, consumers, and shareholders do. When a small useless thing lives at the expense of a big thing, that is a parasite.

Your bullshit theory is false. Executives aren't useless. Furthermore, all those exchanges are entirely voluntary. If the workers don't like what the executive gets paid, they can find a job elsewhere. If consumers don't like it, they don't have to buy the company's products. The shareholders don't have to buy the company stock. However, the government does hold a gun to my head and force me to give money to useless ticks.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back