Poll: Most Democrats Seldom Or Never Attend Church...

If you could reason with a religious person there would cease to be religious people.

If you think God is the reason they wrote that charter, you're more blind than you could imagine.

Here is a distinction between us, I've actually read the document. It is a highly religious document that references rights as being granted by God on dozens of occasions. Your attempt to cast the Magna Carta as a secular document is just as amusing to me as Nick stating that Tachyons are Gamma rays is to you - for exactly the same reason.

You cite God as the absolute reason they wrote the charter, obviously that was not the first thing on their mind or the church would have written the charter.

If you could reason with a religious person there would cease to be religious people.

That's an unjustified stereotype. People who can't be reasoned with are not all religious persons. There's plenty of those people to go around. There's no need to single religious persons out.

That's an unjustified stereotype. People who can't be reasoned with are not all religious persons. There's plenty of those people to go around. There's no need to single religious persons out.

Same unjustified stereotype that says people who go to church are more moral or create a better society than those who don't attend church.

if you could reason with a religious person there would cease to be religious people.

that's an unjustified stereotype. People who can't be reasoned with are not all religious persons. There's plenty of those people to go around. There's no need to single religious persons out.

same unjustified stereotype that says people who go to church are more moral or create a better society than those who don't attend church.

Bingo!!!!

Same unjustified stereotype that says people who go to church are more moral or create a better society than those who don't attend church.

I was hoping to avoid seeing that old "Evil Hypocrite" argument that some use so often. That's just so tired at this point. Most religious persons can certainly be reasoned with. To claim the contrary is just plain disingenuous.

that's an unjustified stereotype. People who can't be reasoned with are not all religious persons. There's plenty of those people to go around. There's no need to single religious persons out.

same unjustified stereotype that says people who go to church are more moral or create a better society than those who don't attend church.

Bingo!!!!

Hopefully I opened Pauli's eyes and he stops making ugly stereotypes about people different than him.

Is it moral to use up a board's bandwidth with 2 different usernames, Libocalypse?

I was hoping to avoid seeing that old "Evil Hypocrite" argument that some use so often. That's just so tired at this point. Most religious persons can certainly be reasoned with. To claim the contrary is just plain disingenuous.

I didn't say evil, but you most certainly are being hypocritical. You can use ugly stereotypes, but others can't. I'm just here to say in both instances they're wrong.

Religious people can be reasoned with. Just like a society that doesn't go to church can be moral in the same way one that does can be.

I didn't say evil, but you most certainly are being hypocritical. You can use ugly stereotypes, but others can't. I'm just here to say in both instances they're wrong.

Religious people can be reasoned with. Just like a society that doesn't go to church can be moral in the same way one that does can be.

I never made those claims you attributed to me. I just believe that more closeness to God will help our nation. I'm not preaching Fire & Brimstone Damnation. My Church doesn't do that. I'm just stating how i feel and i'm just not interested in another tired "You're an Evil Hypocrite" message board squabble. God bless and have a good day.

Last edited:
I just believe that more closeness to God will help our nation.

Less church attendance is likely to bring people closer to God. Church puts a barrier between the individual and God, a barrier of walls, doctrines, and shackles on the soul.

That wasn't his point. Why not actually answer his obviously correct argument?

Less church attendance is likely to bring people closer to God. Church puts a barrier between the individual and God, a barrier of walls, doctrines, and shackles on the soul.

Not my Church. Maybe you should give another Church a shot? I only feel closer to God when i attend my Church. It really is invigorating. Give it another try. Good luck.

I never made those claims you attributed to me. I just believe that more closeness to God will help our nation. I'm not preaching Fire & Brimstone Damnation. My Church doesn't do that. I'm just stating how i feel and i'm just not interested in another tired "You're an Evil Hypocrite" message board squabble. God bless and have a good day.

Sounds like to me that you're attributing what you believe a downtrending nation to people not attending church and you believe it would be an uptrending nation if more people attended church.

Correct or incorrect?

Sounds like to me that you're attributing what you believe a downtrending nation to people not attending church and you believe it would be an uptrending nation if more people attended church.

Correct or incorrect?

I believe our nation can be a better & stronger nation if more people find God. I really do believe that.

Correct or incorrect?

I believe our nation can be a better & stronger nation if more people find God. I really do believe that.

So it's worse and weaker because people don't go to church to find God, correct?

That's where my disagreement is and me pointing out the ugly stereotype.

Not my Church.

I have no idea what your church is, but I know of few counterexamples. Are you a Quaker? A Unitarian? Those are the only religious bodies that gather in something they call a "Church" which do not put barriers between the individual and God.

Maybe you should give another Church a shot?

As I am not a Christian, that would be pointless.

Correct or incorrect?

So it's worse and weaker because people don't go to church to find God, correct?

That's where my disagreement is and me pointing out the ugly stereotype.

You're still trying to play the 'Gotcha' "You're an Evil Hypocrite" game. It's way too common on message boards. It's just so tedious and boring. You're just fishing on the hopes you'll get to screech 'Gotcha!' at some point. Sorry if i don't play that game. Been there,done that. I told you i wasn't preaching Fire & Brimstone Damnation. I was just expressing how i feel about people getting closer to God and the benefits. That's all.

Forum List

Back