Poll: To Beard Or Not To Beard

To beard or not to beard

• I am a woman and I prefer my man to have a beard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have a goatee and mustache because the wife likes it. Had a bunch of women commenting on it years ago and almost freaked when I said I wanted to shave it off. As for a full beard, can't grow one too much injun in me.
By the way there's a really funny story associated with my goatee/mustache........
You can't just say that without posting the story.

Out with it!
When I first met the wife she stated that I should never grow a goatee because she would feel like she was kissing a sideways pussy (something I still to this day have no problem with). Years later we were sitting on the couch watching a movie when suddenly she turned to me and wondered aloud what I would look like with a goatee. Of course my mind flashed back to her earlier comment and I laughed..... She wanted to know why and I refreshed her memory (part of me hoping it was true and I could get involved in a three way.......) and a look of horror came over her face and repeatedly stuttered NO, NO, NO....... Alas my hopes were dashed.

When I sported a goatee, it was along this style.

f08a67c6fd9b897b9cbc20b1a6e5e795--goatee-styles-mens-beard-styles.jpg

What's the deal with the "soul patch" craze?

Cheap razors. Trying to save money and too many cuts in that area.. :eek:

The ONLY way to shave ... initial investment for a decent double blade and a silver tip badger brush, a few hundred.
After that, a container of best quality shave soap is $15 (last six months) and you can buy 2 years worth of premium blades for $60.

wetshave11.jpg

When I sported a goatee, it was along this style.

f08a67c6fd9b897b9cbc20b1a6e5e795--goatee-styles-mens-beard-styles.jpg
That is nice and clean. Good pic of an example.

There is some guy on tv that does car stuff MrG watches. he has a goatee and he uses a straighting iron on it. It looks dumb. Blech!!

Clean shaven, baby. What's up with Muslim-ish beard fad of the past couple years?

Is it cool to look like you may holler alla akbar and go nuts? :cuckoo:

If them are buck beards, I need to put these people in a place.

A place where they can get a buck.
People have been wearing beards for much longer than a couple years.

And ya gotta admit that scraping your face with a razor every day is a very strange ritual.

And tattoos. I think they are strange too.

Long hair, neat beard/stash. On the right man, its hot. Then again, I'm an old granny, so what do I know?

The ONLY way to shave ... initial investment for a decent double blade and a silver tip badger brush, a few hundred.
After that, a container of best quality shave soap is $15 (last six months) and you can buy 2 years worth of premium blades for $60.

wetshave11.jpg

e8588bba-351c-4025-9d2a-758f34a1f22c_1.536366da683afed697335fe41b9e2d0b.jpeg

Makes the saints cry.

4421757390_d41371ba05_o.jpg

This is a prime example of a resounding NO. Nope. Nada. Fergitaboutit. Don't. Yuck. Gross. Blech.

e56933f9-2835-43d1-ae8a-08ac0f583848.jpg

wetshave11.jpg

Absolutely. Buying cartridges is a racket. It's like those companies that sell mops and change the "refills" design every year so you need a new mop.. And those lotion strips are AWFUL. Hate to get that stuff on my face.

Having a beard is getting harder. Because most of the grooming devices are getting so cheap and useless. I kept a simple salon style buzzer type with a cord for over 10 years --- because I didn't want to use any of the newer useless rechargeables with all the useless attachments that don't work anyways.. But it finally became a fire hazard and dull and I had to junk it. :eusa_clap: Probably will buy another salon type groomer, because the one I got for Christmas is too narrow to get a consistent trim..

The most existential question. To beard or not to beard?

Generally I prefer to wear a beard, however, I occasionally have to work with chemicals that you definitely do not want to breath into your lungs and the face mask keeping them out does not work well when you wear a bushy beard. So I shave it off when I work with certain particular aerosols. The rule of thumb is that if you can smell the toxic chemical, you are breathing it.

upload_2017-9-3_4-51-54.png

^^^^ My vote definately is a man sans beard.

Forum List

Back