Poll: Two-Thirds of Palestinians Want Abbas to Resign

That's the way Democracy works. .1/2 the folks waste their votes and are pissed off for 4 or 6 years. When you want STATEHOOD and self-determination -- you need leadership to take you there. Arab leadership is typically NOT about democracy -- but about power and control, restraining the internal killing and distribution of wealth.

They may NEED a strongman leader -- but one that has long term goals and short patience for dissidents.
OR --- it may need to be done FOR THEM.. I suspect the latter is the more likely outcome.. THEN they can get picky about their politics..
Good points. What about foreigners choosing your leaders?

Not buying any excuses for the plight of Palestinians. IF a construct of statehood needs to be FORCED on them temporarily -- it should be the NEIGHBORHOOD that does that. Not international posers with a Nobel Prize on their minds..

Are you implying that this story is false?

Rose would not DETAIL his sources.. He only said they were Palestinian sources. But it doesn't matter.. There was no US sponsored coup.. No removal of Hamas or the "unity govt".. NOTHING OF THE SORT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.. So it's irrelevant speculation... From a FAR left source who was mortal enemies with the Bush Admin to begin with. A lot of partisan whining.. BILL F-ing CLINTON would have taken the same approach if Hamas suddenly decided to become politically active in Palestine..

Did we work with Fatah? You bet your ass we did... They were a responsible party to peace discussions,. PREFERRING Fatah and the govt that LED to the turnover of Gaza --- is FAR preferable than forcing an "OUTSIDE" solution on Palestinians who constantly tear down ANY progress towards responsible statehood.

There was no US sponsored coup.. No removal of Hamas or the "unity govt".. NOTHING OF THE SORT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.​

Of course you have nothing to back up what you say.

If you don't like that source, how about one from the CBC in Canada?

You're getting a little strident with theses conspiracy theories. Your worldview within which the Great Satan and Israel are responsible for all the ills of Islamist society are not credible.

Hamas and Fatah are two competing versions of Islamist ideology and both had stakes in the billions of dollars of welfare money that is showered on the Arabs-Moslems occupying the West Bank and Gaza. The civil war that they fought was waged for control of fabulous wealth.

Rose would not DETAIL his sources.. He only said they were Palestinian sources. But it doesn't matter.. There was no US sponsored coup.. No removal of Hamas or the "unity govt".. NOTHING OF THE SORT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.. So it's irrelevant speculation... From a FAR left source who was mortal enemies with the Bush Admin to begin with. A lot of partisan whining.. BILL F-ing CLINTON would have taken the same approach if Hamas suddenly decided to become politically active in Palestine..

Did we work with Fatah? You bet your ass we did... They were a responsible party to peace discussions,. PREFERRING Fatah and the govt that LED to the turnover of Gaza --- is FAR preferable than forcing an "OUTSIDE" solution on Palestinians who constantly tear down ANY progress towards responsible statehood.
There was no US sponsored coup.. No removal of Hamas or the "unity govt".. NOTHING OF THE SORT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.​

There cannot be a coup BY DEFINITION. Because the govt became NON-FUNCTIONAL.. You don't take-over a govt to make it non-functional.. That's NOT a coup... Or it's a damn ineffective LOUSY effort at a coup..

Why are you absolutely denying the truth. Is it because you are inclined to believe every Israeli lie that comes down the pike.

I have posted a British source. I have posted a Canadian source. How about one from on the ground in Gaza about a week before the Hamas coup lie?

Start @ 6:40

See all you have is islamonazi propaganda talking points, and no actual evidence of any coup

I posted three reports from three different people from three different countries. There is no evidence that any of these people even know each other. Plus, these reports match the facts on the ground.

You have nothing but mindless babble.

Good points. What about foreigners choosing your leaders?

Not buying any excuses for the plight of Palestinians. IF a construct of statehood needs to be FORCED on them temporarily -- it should be the NEIGHBORHOOD that does that. Not international posers with a Nobel Prize on their minds..

You're getting a little strident with theses conspiracy theories. Your worldview within which the Great Satan and Israel are responsible for all the ills of Islamist society are not credible.

Hamas and Fatah are two competing versions of Islamist ideology and both had stakes in the billions of dollars of welfare money that is showered on the Arabs-Moslems occupying the West Bank and Gaza. The civil war that they fought was waged for control of fabulous wealth.

What does that have to do with my posts?

Your posts were nothing more than YouTube videos, none of which made a defendable case for your conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
Poll results have been consistent over six months and were affirmed Monday: two-thirds of Palestinians would like President Mahmoud Abbas to resign after a string of policy failures. Yet the Palestinian leader does not appear to be under palpable domestic or international pressure to step down.

It is interesting to note that nowhere in the article is the constitutional procedure for replacing a president mentioned.

I think he should as well, he seems to be on Israel's payroll as he is doing nothing for the Palestinians.

There cannot be a coup BY DEFINITION. Because the govt became NON-FUNCTIONAL.. You don't take-over a govt to make it non-functional.. That's NOT a coup... Or it's a damn ineffective LOUSY effort at a coup..

Why are you absolutely denying the truth. Is it because you are inclined to believe every Israeli lie that comes down the pike.

I have posted a British source. I have posted a Canadian source. How about one from on the ground in Gaza about a week before the Hamas coup lie?

See all you have is islamonazi propaganda talking points, and no actual evidence of any coup

I posted three reports from three different people from three different countries. There is no evidence that any of these people even know each other. Plus, these reports match the facts on the ground.

No you posted the same report from the same person presented by 3 other people. When you understand that the source is where the report originates from and not by who presents it you will see how much of a fool you are.
And then to cover your inadequacies you resort to petty immature name calling

If you cant work it out then stop posting and get a remedial course in English

Poll results have been consistent over six months and were affirmed Monday: two-thirds of Palestinians would like President Mahmoud Abbas to resign after a string of policy failures. Yet the Palestinian leader does not appear to be under palpable domestic or international pressure to step down.

It is interesting to note that nowhere in the article is the constitutional procedure for replacing a president mentioned.

I think he should as well, he seems to be on Israel's payroll as he is doing nothing for the Palestinians.

Yet thousands listen to what he says and go out to get killed every day. Once he has his money and his rent boys then he might retire to the South of France

No you posted the same report from the same person presented by 3 other people. When you understand that the source is where the report originates from and not by who presents it you will see how much of a fool you are.

When you understand that the source is where the report originates from​

Where would that be?

Of course. You're having difficulty understanding the inability of Islamic terrorist enclaves to operate in the relevant first world. So, you're left to promoting silly conspiracy theories.

Where would that be?

Exactly what it says. If the report came from R.T. ( Iranian t.v. ) then that is the source even if it is broadcast by CBC or BBC. If I write a report that is later used by Fox or Haaretz the source is me.

Do you understand this yet. Your 3 youtube videos all came from the same source if you look at them in depth.

Of course. You're having difficulty understanding the inability of Islamic terrorist enclaves to operate in the relevant first world. So, you're left to promoting silly conspiracy theories.

No its obvious to me. Abbas is just a talking head, like most of the US politicians. I watched Vice on HBO , segment on Palestine. The young people there want Abbas gone, and a new leader. As long as Israel continues building their settlements they do not want peace, well they never did. I was sickened watching the segment on Vice, and I don't blame the Palestinian one iota for anything they do. We need to quit aid to Israel, thief's and killers. I never had much respect for Israel, Reagan had his issues with them as well, every President has, and its high time someone stand up to them. I wonder why they are so scared, I wouldn't doubt if Israel has nukes planted all over the US, because none of this makes sense.

Where would that be?

Exactly what it says. If the report came from R.T. ( Iranian t.v. ) then that is the source even if it is broadcast by CBC or BBC. If I write a report that is later used by Fox or Haaretz the source is me.

Do you understand this yet. Your 3 youtube videos all came from the same source if you look at them in depth.

I trust Press TV and RT , anything from Israel news is doubtful.

Where would that be?

Of course that did not answer the question.

No its obvious to me. Abbas is just a talking head, like most of the US politicians. I watched Vice on HBO , segment on Palestine. The young people there want Abbas gone, and a new leader. As long as Israel continues building their settlements they do not want peace, well they never did. I was sickened watching the segment on Vice, and I don't blame the Palestinian one iota for anything they do. We need to quit aid to Israel, thief's and killers. I never had much respect for Israel, Reagan had his issues with them as well, every President has, and its high time someone stand up to them. I wonder why they are so scared, I wouldn't doubt if Israel has nukes planted all over the US, because none of this makes sense.

That attitude is exactly why the Israeli's must start playing hardball. Not one single Arab Muslim with your attitude can be allowed to remain in the unified ( Eretz ) Israel.

Only those willing to live in peace.

Honestly, no one cares what 2/3 of the Arab Muslims think. What we care about is what each individual thinks and if they are willing to live and let live.

None of the above addresses the failures that cause Arab-Moslem societies to remain largely third world and self-destructive. I think the vast majority of that can be attributed to Islamist ideology.

That attitude is exactly why the Israeli's must start playing hardball. Not one single Arab Muslim with your attitude can be allowed to remain in the unified ( Eretz ) Israel.

Honestly, no one cares what 2/3 of the Arab Muslims think. What we care about is what each individual thinks and if they are willing to live and let live.

Oh give me a break, Israel has been playing hardball even before it was called Israel, they even bombed the King David hotel, getting rid of the Brits so they could get rid of the Palestinians. Murdering thugs. Never will I ever be on the side of Israel. We, the US, needs to rid our affair with them,

time for Israel to stand on their own two feet, and off the back of American taxpayers and workers. They are a leech on the US.

Where would that be?

Yes. The Iranian Mullocrat controlled press tv is a source you can rely on.

Oh give me a break, Israel has been playing hardball even before it was called Israel, they even bombed the King David hotel, getting rid of the Brits so they could get rid of the Palestinians. Murdering thugs. Never will I ever be on the side of Israel. We, the US, needs to rid our affair with them,

time for Israel to stand on their own two feet, and off the back of American taxpayers and workers. They are a leech on the US.

Nonsense

Israel receives about 3 billion in credits to buy US military equipment and spends about 67 billion annually on mostly US equipment.

not hard to realize that the US economy is a huge beneficiary of this spending. Unless that is one is rabidly antisemitic and desperate to find flaw in all things.

Where would that be?

Then you are a bigger fool than first thought.....................

Forum List

Back