Polygamy Attorney On Gay Marriage Decision: SCOTUS Opinion ‘Resonates With Our Arguments’

Professor Lieber says, polygamy leads to the patriarchal principle, and which, when applied to large communities, fetters the people in stationary despotism, while that principle cannot long exist in connection with monogamy.
Such a bummer, the social construct of polygamy that would be so harmful to children in it. And so much better for the children to have King Kennedy and his two impeachable consorts Kagan and Ginsburg decree that fatherless or motherless "marriages" are today's vogue family.

Which is worse, having a mother and father or not having one or the other?

My guess is having two loving parents is better then having none.

How about 4 or 5 ?

Professor Lieber says, polygamy leads to the patriarchal principle, and which, when applied to large communities, fetters the people in stationary despotism, while that principle cannot long exist in connection with monogamy.
Such a bummer, the social construct of polygamy that would be so harmful to children in it. And so much better for the children to have King Kennedy and his two impeachable consorts Kagan and Ginsburg decree that fatherless or motherless "marriages" are today's vogue family.

I think having 5 loving parents is even better.

Maybe. I had four growing up if you included my grandparents whom also lived with us on the farm.

You bet--It takes a village and now that the village people can all marry each other we're in great shape.

How about 4 or 5 ?
How about 7784? How about a houseplant? Or a murder of crows?

Drama queens.

aliens.jpg

Neither is better nor worse. Parents themselves are either good or bad parents.

Last edited:
Polygamy Attorney On Gay Marriage Decision: SCOTUS Opinion ‘Resonates With Our Arguments’

And we should give a fuck about that why exactly?

You think legalized polygamy would be good thing?
Why the fuck should it matter to you, or anyone else for that matter? Go play with your piss and leave others to get on with their damn lives for once...

I think it would be a great thing for some men. Marry 4 or 5 gals, get them all on welfare, food stamps, free housing, SSDI and live large without working.

It's interesting that two people of the same gender should be allowed to marry....but many who support that find polygamy repulsive.

The only thing repulsive here is the slippery slope and false dichotomy fallacies that always seem to come up when people try to foolishly link polygamy to same sex marriage.

What is foolish about people who are in love with each other being allowed to get "married" ?

smiley-slapping.gif

Don't put words in my mouth, idiot.

So you have no problem with several people getting married to each other. Good for you.

What did I say about putting words in my mouth?

How about 4 or 5 ?

And here mdk had thought you forgot all about the point of this thread. What about 2 men and 2 women marrying mdk? Like the Supremes asked your attorney about at the Hearing? What grounds would they deny them? "Bad social environment for kids"..am I right? Like not having either a mother or a father is a good thing..

How about 4 or 5 ?

And here mdk had thought you forgot all about the point of this thread. What about 2 men and 2 women marrying mdk? Like the Supremes asked your attorney about at the Hearing? What grounds would they deny them? "Bad social environment for kids"..am I right? Like not having either a mother or a father is a good thing..

If all parties in the matter legally consent to a such a marriage then I see no problem with it. They'll have to fight and get the public on their side, just like gays and their allies did. Best of luck.

I think it would be a great thing for some men. Marry 4 or 5 gals, get them all on welfare, food stamps, free housing, SSDI and live large without working.

You must be 12. Any adult knows that trying to keep one woman happy is already a major headache.

Like I said before...it will only get traction when it is five guys married to each other.

You must be 12. Any adult knows that trying to keep one woman happy is already a major headache.

You obviously know little about polygamy or the dynamics within it.

While the screachers constantly point at that moron who wound up getting arrested, there have been thousands of polygamous marriages (or relationships) if you will take place that the law does not know about.

Of course, they are not licensed.

It's interesting that two people of the same gender should be allowed to marry....but many who support that find polygamy repulsive.

The only thing repulsive here is the slippery slope and false dichotomy fallacies that always seem to come up when people try to foolishly link polygamy to same sex marriage.

What is foolish about people who are in love with each other being allowed to get "married" ?

smiley-slapping.gif

So you have no problem with several people getting married to each other. Good for you.

Sorry----I keep thinking that you might be able to come up with a legal reason that polygamy should be illegal . Silly me.

smiley-slapping.gif

Sorry----I keep thinking that you might be able to come up with a legal reason that polygamy should be illegal . Silly me.

Here's one: Tying up our court system.

lets say that Bill, Jack, Bob, and Jim marry Mary, Liz, Kenisha, and Joan. They have 8 kids, 9 cars, two boats, a large house, 401K accounts in each name with all the others as beneficiaries.

Now, Bill and Mary decide to divorce the rest of them. How many lawyers will be used, how much court time, how many paternity tests, how many custody agreements?

Then a year later, Kenisha decides that she is gay and wants to leave the marriage to move in with Lois who is married to 5 other women.

I know that sounds ridiculous, but it could be our future.

I really don't care at all. If two or four or six people want to marry each other, why should I care? I don't get why people care SO much about these kinds of things. Gays getting married, or even polygamy, if it came to that, isn't the worst problem we have in this country.

I doubt most people would choose to be in such a relationship, and those that do choose to be, who cares?

I really don't care at all. If two or four or six people want to marry each other, why should I care? I don't get why people care SO much about these kinds of things...

One word, "children"...

Read the Obergefell ruling. Specifically principle 3 of 4 where Kennedy talks about children.

We told you how the ruling was going to go. You thought you knew better.

How'd that work out for you?

How about 4 or 5 ?

You forgot to mention that it is their right.

I really don't care at all. If two or four or six people want to marry each other, why should I care? I don't get why people care SO much about these kinds of things...

One word, "children"...

You only care about children until they can't help you harm gays. If they don't, you discard them into the trash. You're not fooling anybody but yourself.

Forum List

Back