A Legal Lesson Guaranteed To Restore GOP Congressional Hopefuls As Trump Nose-Dives

How is that working out in your "family"? I use " " b/c you're still missing the father.

Not to worry, though. There is always hope. lol

I'm not suing for marriage. Polygamist-Americans might though. And I wonder how women in the democratic party will welcome the idea of "marriage equality"/the democrat party being = to sharing their husband with another wife? Even the young liberal women are going to sit up with a jolt when that point is driven home by the fact that the 14th Amendment cannot discriminate one sexual orientation from the other.

How is that working out in your "family"? I use " " b/c you're still missing the father.

Not to worry, though. There is always hope. lol

I'm not suing for marriage. Polygamist-Americans might though. And I wonder how women in the democratic party will welcome the idea of "marriage equality"/the democrat party being = to sharing their husband with another wife? Even the young liberal women are going to sit up with a jolt when that point is driven home by the fact that the 14th Amendment cannot discriminate one sexual orientation from the other.

I see. Your standards do not apply to your "family" since your not suing. lol.

It's simple. Follow the LGBT playbook and use the courts to make a point. They do it ALL the time. Have a group of polygamists sue a state for marriage equality.

Follow the logic.

1. Fact: a majority of Americans openly or secretly despise the court decision last Summer of Obergefell.

2. Fact: an OVERWHELMING majority of Americans will reject polygamy-marriage if they sense a similar verdict.

3. Fact: All Americans associate the unwanted progression of the LGBT cult with the democratic party.

4. Fact: All Americans will blame Obergefell for a polygamy win...or even the well-publicized prediction of a polygamy win...(see numerical points below for details).

So, some things you have to understand about Obergefell is that it wasn't JUST about "gay marriage". It was about states not being able to discriminate against people marrying based on their sexual orientation. Notice in Obergefell in the Opinion on pages 7-8 how the Court weaves the terms "same-sex", "gays and lesbians" and "sexual orientation" in and out of those couple of paragraphs where it is discussing the broad interpretation it is making in the Opinion: https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/14pdf/14-556_3204.pdf

So, if states cannot discriminate based on sexual orientation, why are polyamorists (aka polygamists) orientations left out in the cold? Mull that over for a bit while I post the opposing arguments I've heard so far...coming in huge predominance from gays and lesbians, ironically:

The opposition:

1. "Polygamy isn't a sexual orientation!"...

Wrong: it would be the essence of ease for an attorney to argue that some men are predisposed to only feeling sexually satisfied by having sex with more than one woman. Talk about easy street. This one's a no-brainer. Polyamory is as much a sexual orientation as homosexuality...if not more..

2. "Obergefell wasn't about sexual orientation. It was about same-sex marriage!"

Wrong: The Court made it clear in the Opinion on pages 7-8 and elsewhere that Obergefell was in fact about states not being able to deny marriage to people based on sexual orientation.

3. "Property rights! Think of all the complex situations to rights to property and children and health care visitation! New laws will have to be created!"

Sorry: Already being done in complex divorces currently. Like where grandparents claim rights, ex-spouses, step children, aunts & uncles etc. Even if a bunch of new laws had to be created, what does it matter in the face of something as important as equal rights? Saying "new laws have to be created" didn't stop the LGBT crusade from having Justices create new laws out of thin air in order to justify Obergefell's conclusions...

4. "Obergefell meant it was only homosexual orientation! Other sexual groups have to apply one by one. They have to fight their own fight!"

Wrong: The Court made liberal use of and citations of various statutes and the Constitution itself to insist that equality was the mainstay of the fabric of Obergefell. It (wrongly) interpreted the 14th Amendment to say that a behavior (homosexuality-orientation) was covered and protected as to privileges others enjoy in the 50 states. Especially marriage in the case of Obergefell. To deny polygamists marriage would defy the spirit of equality. So in a real and legal sense, polygamy is already legal if it is found to be a sexual orientation. Since gays and lesbians walk in and out of their orientations at will (think: Anne Heche), and it is at best a poorly understood fixation of which they have given their own label "gays and lesbians", there is nothing banning polyamorists from giving themselves a label like "polygamists", declaring theirs is a compulsive need sexually, and therefore an orientation. Having done that, there is no legal mechanism left to bar them from marriage after Obergefell.

5. "Ah, but yes there is! There have been studies done that polygamy is terrible for children. Think of Warren Jeffs! Because there are so many, their children suffer from want of attention of a parent or parents!"

Perhaps: But where that is a somewhat bigoted generalization (irony coming from the LGBT camp), there are many polygamist families where the children thrive and do well. On a different note, with "gay marriage", there exists a legal contract which divorces kids involved from either a mother or father for life. And "gay marriage" doesn't just do this sometimes; it does it 100% of the time. So weighed on a scale, gay marriage is predictably and reliably worse for children 100% of the time than polygamy marriage.

6. "Don't talk about children being implied partners in the marriage contract!! Marriage is about the adults. Children do not share in the marriage contract!!"

OK: But if that's the case, why do you object to polygamy-marriage? (See #5)

So, all that being said, how this helps GOP congressionals is that the shock of a polygamy marriage lawsuit making these arguments in the press as election approaches, the populace will see the horrible mistake Obergefell is. And guess who they're going to blame the most? And guess who they will then vote to keep out of Congress? And guess who they're going to want in the Senate to control any Justices Hillary will appoint when she wins this Fall?

It's a gold mine. I have 100% faith it will work. Now watch the GOP fumble this one too, as Cheney whispers in their ears on behalf of his gay daughter and his democratic roots. "Don't screw up Obergefell or even bring it up! The public has accepted it. Time to move on! This won't work!!"...

I just want to add that if they don't do something of this caliber to save GOP congressionals, I sincerely wish them all the best of luck this Fall. Because they're going to need it by the time Trump is done with them.

Brown v Utah...you're on deck! It's going to happen in the very near future anyway. Why not have it happen when it would make a difference in favor of the GOP? Congressionals coming out strongly opposed to polygamy marriage would seal the deal in every state but perhaps Utah. All it would take is for one group to file suit and a comprehensive media discussion about it. I know Fox would do it, but maybe CNN too? Certainly talk radio could keep up the drum beat. Newpapers on the front page. Continuing editorials about it. MSNBC will put its fingers in its ears and go "lalalalalal...I can't HEAR you...lalalalalal"..

...and um...yeah...*giggles*...maybe even an interview with Hillary about how she feels about polyamory-orientation having equal rights? :popcorn: Local TV outlets or newspapers/radio might bring in congressionals vying for a seat from either side of the aisle and ask them "so how do you stand with regards to this new polygamy lawsuit filed?" ...lol..

No Benghazi...no emails...no violence or weird scary health outbreaks conveniently near election day...FAR less money for sure. I mean, how much does it cost to file a lawsuit vs all that other bullshit?

You're welcome.

poor dear. you really shouldn't talk law to anyone. you sound silly.

the law is what it is after the supreme court's ruling. no state idiot can undermine the supreme court ruling.

and no one cares about brown v Utah

thanks for playing. seriously get over your obsession.

the law is what it is after the supreme court's ruling. no state idiot can undermine the supreme court ruling.

The Browns care. Obergefell was just one lawsuit. So, there you go.

Since you're so much more enlightened legally than I am, tell me how you would cite teh 14th Amendment to support polygamist-Americans not being able to enjoy the privilege of marriage currently extended to other sexual orientations? I'd like your exact legal argument on that. I'll be waiting..

It takes a successful case.

Of course to be successful would mean that the State could find no reason to deny marriage to polygamous families.
You mean like how the State could find no reason to deny marriage to homosexual "families"? ..

No I mean how the State presented several reasons as to why couples of the same gender should not be allowed to marry, and they were all found to be specious.

Now are you in favor of polygamous marriage or not?

And if you are not- why are you against it?

Without calling the LGBTs names, I can point out that they cried to the Heavens about children involved with homosexuals "being harmed". .

So you think Justice Kennedy is gay? LOL

Because it was Justice Kennedy who has repeatedly pointed out the harm that the children of gay couples incur by being denied marriage.

There is an immediate legal injury and that’s the voice of these children,” he said. “There’s some 40,000 children in California, according to the Red Brief, that live with same-sex parents, and they want their parents to have full recognition and full status. The voice of those children is important in this case, don’t you think?”

The Browns care. Obergefell was just one lawsuit...

LOL.....no Obergefell was not just one lawsuit. Silly Rabbit.

Obergefell was the culmination of dozens of lawsuits by Americans denied the right to marry.

Ultimately, it is the consolidation of six lower-court cases, originally representing sixteen same-sex couples, seven of their children, a widower, an adoption agency, and a funeral director. Those cases came from Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee. All six federal district court rulings found for the same-sex couples and other claimants.

Too many legal hurdles for polygamy to ever be feasible.

The OP is just another typical, desperate post by a homophobe.

Not really, all needs to be argued is lifestyle equality, a person should be allowed to adopt any lifestyle they chose as long as it doesn't directly harm others, just like the faghadist.

Sil continues to babble. She affirms that she believes children of gay and or polygamous parents are better off if their parents are not married.

Sil does not care about children. Her position abuses them.

Californians by a majority of 63% approve gay marriage. Californians' Attitudes Toward Same-Sex Marriage (PPIC Publication)

She knows the 14th amendment protects gay parents and all marriage of adults. End of story.

Actually she cares enough about children to argue for policies that she knows would harm children.

She encourages harm to children- if they are children of gay couples.

Because that is who she is.

How can a gay couple have children? It might belong to one of them when they were doing things the normal way but a gay couple can't have children. It's biologically impossible for the two of them to do that.

How did this couple have children?

View attachment 85802

The same way a gay couple can have children.

You probably hate Bob Hope too. Probably not white enough for you.

A gay couple can't HAVE children. I you don't know that, you're an idiot.

Gay couples do have children.

upload_2016-8-17_8-50-51.jpeg

The same way this gay couple have children.

n-NELSON-628x314.jpg

You probably hate Bob Hope too. Probably not white enough for you

a) You are a Trump supporter and
b) You are a racist and a bigot.

But hey- you are no hypocrite- you openly promote your own special brand of hating Americans.
Hmm.. Trump isn't necessarily opposed to gay marriage Syriusly. Have you seen his position on transgenders using women's bathrooms? But you go ahead and pre-judge while you accuse other people of prejudice.

Trump is completely liberal when it comes to the issue of Americans who are gay. Trump however openly appeals to racists and homophobes.

It takes a successful case.

Of course to be successful would mean that the State could find no reason to deny marriage to polygamous families.

Are you in favor of polygamous marriage Silhouette?

If you aren't- why aren't you?

Based on what you faggot lovers argued in favor of homos marrying, all it takes for polygamous marriages to take place is consenting adults that love each other. .

You racists and haters of Americans just are so ignorant and so bigoted that you don't know why the courts said you couldn't stop mixed race couples or same gender couples from marrying.

The reasoning was equal protection under the 14th Amendment. If you choose to deny certain types of marriages because you oppose those marriages despite their meeting the consenting adults that want to marry criteria you used for homos, it proves two things. One, you're a liar in claiming you support equal protection and two, you're a hypocrite by only supporting that criteria when it suits you.

Ah you are soooooo very close to knowing something about Obergefell and Loving.

But still you are clueless.

Which proves two things:

But hey- you are no hypocrite- you openly promote your own special brand of hating Americans.

I know those that support faggots marrying because of the equal protection ruling that deny other types of marriages involving consenting adults are hypocrites. You should know. You're one of them.

And when have I argued to deny 'other types of marriages'?

I know it pisses you off that mixed race couples can marry, and that same gender couples can marry.

But you will get over it.

Based on what you faggot lovers argued in favor of homos marrying, all it takes for polygamous marriages to take place is consenting adults that love each other. .

You racists and haters of Americans just are so ignorant and so bigoted that you don't know why the courts said you couldn't stop mixed race couples or same gender couples from marrying.

The reasoning was equal protection under the 14th Amendment. If you choose to deny certain types of marriages because you oppose those marriages despite their meeting the consenting adults that want to marry criteria you used for homos, it proves two things. One, you're a liar in claiming you support equal protection and two, you're a hypocrite by only supporting that criteria when it suits you.

Which proves two things:

I know those that support faggots marrying because of the equal protection ruling that deny other types of marriages involving consenting adults are hypocrites. You should know. You're one of them.

I know it pisses you off that mixed race couples can marry, and that same gender couples can marry.

Or he won't, and it won't matter.

Sil continues to babble. She affirms that she believes children of gay and or polygamous parents are better off if their parents are not married.

Sil does not care about children. Her position abuses them.

Californians by a majority of 63% approve gay marriage. Californians' Attitudes Toward Same-Sex Marriage (PPIC Publication)

She knows the 14th amendment protects gay parents and all marriage of adults. End of story.

Actually she cares enough about children to argue for policies that she knows would harm children.

She encourages harm to children- if they are children of gay couples.

Because that is who she is.

How can a gay couple have children? It might belong to one of them when they were doing things the normal way but a gay couple can't have children. It's biologically impossible for the two of them to do that.

View attachment 85802

The same way a gay couple can have children.

You probably hate Bob Hope too. Probably not white enough for you.

A gay couple can't HAVE children. I you don't know that, you're an idiot.

Gay couples do have children.

View attachment 85880
The same way this gay couple have children.

n-NELSON-628x314.jpg

You probably hate Bob Hope too. Probably not white enough for you

No gay couple can HAVE children together. It's not biologically possible.

Which proves two things:

So you support a brother/sister that wants to marry? Mother/son? Father/Daughter? Consenting adults that want to be in a polygamous marriage?

Oh

Which proves two things:

Or he won't, and it won't matter.

Oh, another faggot lover.

A fagcon like Con65 is delusional. All of these issues mean nothing now. It is over. Con65, just go to your far right socon congregation and pray for yourself.

Too many legal hurdles for polygamy to ever be feasible.

The OP is just another typical, desperate post by a homophobe.

Not really, all needs to be argued is lifestyle equality, a person should be allowed to adopt any lifestyle they chose as long as it doesn't directly harm others, just like the faghadist.

People are allowed to adopt pretty much any lifestyle that they want. For example a Right Wing nut job can choose to live on his Idaho compound with his three 'wives' and so long as he is not beating or harming his 'wives' and they all agree to live that way- then there is no law against that.

Now if you want to overturn state marriage laws against polygamy so you can marry your three husbands and wives- you will have to do what gay couples did- either convince the voters to change the laws- or successfully argue that the law violates your Constitutional rights.

If you can do either- then you can legally marry your three husbands and wives.

A fagcon like Con65 is delusional. All of these issues mean nothing now. It is over. Con65, just go to your far right socon congregation and pray for yourself.

Do you think that Stormfront has just gotten so depleted by the geezer racists dying off that Connie needs to come here to talk about f*ggots and n*ggers and c*nts and k*kes and all of the other people he hates?

Do you think that Stormfront has just gotten so depleted by the geezer racists dying off that Connie needs to come here to talk about f*ggots and n*ggers and c*nts and k*kes and all of the other people he hates?
Sf apparently is in its death throes.

I like how about five of you come on all at once ON THE ATTACK against my points because...you know...nothing to worry about, right? :popcorn:

Forum List

Back