Poor Barista forced to work 8 hour day

Wait a second! He is a FULL TIME STUDENT, working at Starbucks part time trying to make a little money. And rather than put him on for 3-1/2 hours on Sat & Sunday, they schedule him for the whole day.

He has a legitimate gripe! If he is a conscientious student and a good employee that is one hell of a lot of time to put into a P/T job. He has to study as well, one must assume.

He is willing to work Saturday and Sunday, but NOT FOR 8 HOURS!

Unless I'm missing something here - histrionics aside - he is being abused by his shift supervisor. Give him a fucking break.

Wait a second! He is a FULL TIME STUDENT, working at Starbucks part time trying to make a little money. And rather than put him on for 3-1/2 hours on Sat & Sunday, they schedule him for the whole day.

He has a legitimate gripe! If he is a conscientious student and a good employee that is one hell of a lot of time to put into a P/T job. He has to study as well, one must assume.

Unless I'm missing something here - histrionics aside - he is being abused by his shift supervisor. Give him a fucking break.
He could have been a male hooker and made money in a shorter amount of time.

/——/ I put myself through college working 30 hours a week. I didn’t throw a hissy.

I was a full-time student, and a supervisor of a coffee shop/ice cream store when I was a student. I had to supervise irresponsible part-time high school students, and close out that shop, count-down the register, lock-up the shop, and then come home late to study for exams. I was putting in way more than 25 hours a week.

And that was way back in the 90's. I am sure the productivity demands of the economy has not slackened since.

You Boomers had it easy.

:auiqs.jpg:

LOL......What a fag.....Oh wait! ;)

BTW.....What the fuck is "neuro divergent?" :dunno:
Its a type of autism.

It means they can't handle life like normal folks. We use to call them Asperger's, that was the most common high fuctioning type of "neuro-divergent."

I was a full-time student, and a supervisor of a coffee shop/ice creams store when I was a student. I had too supervise irresponsible part-time high school students, and close out that shop, count-down the register, lock-up the shop, and then come home late to study for exams. I was putting in way more than 25 hours a week.

And that was way back in the 90's. I am sure the productivity demands of the economy has not slackened since.

You Boomers had it easy.

Try working 16 hour shifts at a prison on a regular basis.....Thank goodness we had barracks.

Killed it with OT though. ;)

I was a full-time student, and a supervisor of a coffee shop/ice cream store when I was a student. I had to supervise irresponsible part-time high school students, and close out that shop, count-down the register, lock-up the shop, and then come home late to study for exams. I was putting in way more than 25 hours a week.

You Boomers had it easy.

Walgreens Five and Dime?

Forum List

Back