Poor Barista forced to work 8 hour day

Wait a second! He is a FULL TIME STUDENT, working at Starbucks part time trying to make a little money. And rather than put him on for 3-1/2 hours on Sat & Sunday, they schedule him for the whole day.

He has a legitimate gripe! If he is a conscientious student and a good employee that is one hell of a lot of time to put into a P/T job. He has to study as well, one must assume.

He is willing to work Saturday and Sunday, but NOT FOR 8 HOURS!

Unless I'm missing something here - histrionics aside - he is being abused by his shift supervisor. Give him a fucking break.

Shit dude, I had to work 30 hours a week when I was going to college. And my college was a hell of a lot harder than this twerps!

I put myself through college. I worked 66 hours a week (10hrs x 5 days + 8hrs Sat) in the 70s and graduated with a 3.8. Go whine somewhere else.
:auiqs.jpg:

Well, consider yourself, very VERY lucky.

You were the LAST generation that could do that. After your generation, because of the leftist Jacobinist interest groups taking over the Dept. of Ed., no other generation could ever do that, ever again.

After that? Every other generation of poor and middle class Americans worked that many hours just to pay for books and housing, and then they left school with as much debt as a second mortgage.

Last edited:
:auiqs.jpg:

Well, consider yourself, very VERY lucky.

You were the LAST generation that could do that. After your generation, because of the leftist Jacobinist interest groups taking over the Dept. of Ed., no other generation could ever do that, ever again.

After that? Ever other generation of poor and middle class Americans worked that many hours just to pay for books and housing, and then they left school with as much debt as a second mortgage.
But they weren't missing their playstations, $500 Nikes, drugs and designer jeans.

I don't know what this doofus expects a union to do for him.

Unions are interested in full time members who are committed to the seniority system- not part time college students moving through a place of employment. And does this kid think the work will be easier when the employer has to provide the union so many "no work" and "no show" positions for the business agent's goombas?

What a soft and weak willed pussy.

I worked 8 hours on a farm when I was a kid and got paid nothing and this panty waist can't work 8 hours making coffee in a air conditioned coffee place? You're pouring liquids from one container to another.

Wait a second! He is a FULL TIME STUDENT, working at Starbucks part time trying to make a little money. And rather than put him on for 3-1/2 hours on Sat & Sunday, they schedule him for the whole day.

He has a legitimate gripe! If he is a conscientious student and a good employee that is one hell of a lot of time to put into a P/T job. He has to study as well, one must assume.

Unless I'm missing something here - histrionics aside - he is being abused by his shift supervisor. Give him a fucking break.
Nothing that many of us haven’t done, if you have a goal, then you put in the time to make it happen.

/----/ Part-time jobs are a dime a dozen these days. If the burnt coffee gig isn't flexible, then walk down the street and find another one. GEEEEZE.
1667218707524.png

What a soft and weak willed pussy.

I worked 8 hours on a farm when I was a kid and got paid nothing and this panty waist can't work 8 hours making coffee in a air conditioned coffee place? You're pouring liquids from one container to another.

When I was 20, I worked a summer unloading box cars full of hospital gloves and bottles of saline solution for use in hospitals. (I thought it was interesting that hospitals buy this water instead of adding salt to local sourced water.

But in any event, it was hard ass work in a hot environment and I didn't whine like this character.

Forum List

Back