Poor people with perfect driving records pay more then Reckless drivers.

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Interesting...I always said car insurance was a scam by crappy ass rich drivers..

Bad Driver? That’s OK — If You’re Rich | TIME.com

In its new study of car insurance rates, the Consumer Federation of America reports that lower-income people pay higher premiums, even if their driving is better than that of their rich neighbors.

The report, which is the CFA’s third on car insurance premiums, features a mystery-shopping experiment conducted over 12 cities with the nation’s five biggest insurers. Rates were requested for two hypothetical customers: one with a master’s degree and an executive job, the other a receptionist with a high school education. Two-thirds of the time, the wealthy executive was offered a better rate than the middle-class customer — even though the “executive” had caused a car crash and the “receptionist” had a clean driving record.

Many insurance companies are just banksters racketeering....many use credit scores now instead of actual driving records.

Interesting...I always said car insurance was a scam by crappy ass rich drivers..

In its new study of car insurance rates, the Consumer Federation of America reports that lower-income people pay higher premiums, even if their driving is better than that of their rich neighbors.

The report, which is the CFA’s third on car insurance premiums, features a mystery-shopping experiment conducted over 12 cities with the nation’s five biggest insurers. Rates were requested for two hypothetical customers: one with a master’s degree and an executive job, the other a receptionist with a high school education. Two-thirds of the time, the wealthy executive was offered a better rate than the middle-class customer — even though the “executive” had caused a car crash and the “receptionist” had a clean driving record.

If you want to discuss the many ways it cost more to be poor than it costs to be rich we can, but that's a different subject. It's cheaper to buy one quality item that lasts a long time than it is to buy many inferior items that fall apart quickly and need to be replaced soon. The problem is that poor folk never can afford that one quality item, and probably never will be able to.

Underwriters consider that they are more likely to make fraudulent claims.

I think rates are a function of credit score.

well correlated with risk actuarially.

The liberal media cannot be trusted. Believe NOTHING they print.

If you want to discuss the many ways it cost more to be poor than it costs to be rich we can, but that's a different subject. It's cheaper to buy one quality item that lasts a long time than it is to buy many inferior items that fall apart quickly and need to be replaced soon. The problem is that poor folk never can afford that one quality item, and probably never will be able to.

Your discussion avoids choice.

Clearly there are times when the choice for cheap is made. Even the non-poor do it.

Your discussion avoids choice.

Clearly there are times when the choice for cheap is made. Even the non-poor do it.
There is no choice if only the cheaper item can be paid for.

I see no evidence of that with mine as I have 0 accidents and over an 800 credit score with rising rates. I am dumping the Co I have been with since I started driving,. can get double the coverage for less money than the big 4 provide.

Make up your mind Goober. Are you whining about the media, or insurance companies? Not the same thing
Here we have an excellent example of a shill attempting to confuse and paint someone as confused. It's called deflection and is a proven shill tactic. This so called story is printed by the media, yet this shill pretends that I am confused. NEVER trust the liberal media. Never.

I see no evidence of that with mine as I have 0 accidents and over an 800 credit score with rising rates. I am dumping the Co I have been with since I started driving,. can get double the coverage for less money than the big 4 provide.

Does Your Credit Score Affect Your Car Insurance Rate? | Edmunds

doesnt change whats happening with my policies .....

Make up your mind Goober. Are you whining about the media, or insurance companies? Not the same thing
Here we have an excellent example of a shill attempting to confuse and paint someone as confused. It's called deflection and is a proven shill tactic. This so called story is printed by the media, yet this shill pretends that I am confused. NEVER trust the liberal media. Never.

Got it, so using your logic, the so called Media is being presented on a so called COMPUTER, so computers cannot be trusted. RWNJ logic is funny.

doesnt change whats happening with my policies .....

Then I guess that means insurance companies do not do it?
:disbelief:

I dont know about other rich white guys but i'll pay out of pocket for minor damage before I'll claim it on my insurence.

No my thread is exactly about Reckless crappy ass drivers , forcing through the government people who don't need car insurance to pay for them

Thank you what does credit scores have anything to do with car insurance if every state (think Wisconsin was the last hold out around 2010)

Mandate you have car insurance?

Forum List

Back