Pope Francis Raises Idea of ‘Solutions’ to Clergy Celibacy

I don't think a Priest should have to be celibate anyhow... that's doctrinal and not biblical as far as I know.

Last edited:
Well, I knew better than to get involved in a thread like this.

What I believe is what I believe and there is little or no chance that any post will change that.

Well they know they've got a huge percentage of gays in their seminaries so 2% peds is no surprise.

They better figure something out before all those formerly abused little boys end up owning Vatican City.
Don't they already? Their group helped unseat the 1st Pope in 700 years last year. I'm surprised there hasn't been an official redaction of Jude 1 by now. Of course redactions are difficult after public education taught everybody to read. Runs in my mind that public education was a no-no. Probably for just the reason of unfettered redaction power..when convenient...or politically expedient...

Naw, we don't need to redact Jude 1. We just need to ignore it like Christians ignore the admonitions to stone their neighbors, sacrifice animals, sell their daughters into slavery and everything else in the bible that offends modern standards of decency.

Churches will just stop reading the homophobic verses aloud.

I believe that Jesus Christ was the Son of God and died so that we can rise again when the time has come.

I DO NOT believe in most organized churches and teachings from things written second or even third hand. There is NOT A SINGLE DOCUMENT IN THE HANDS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH WRITTEN AT THE TIME WHEN CHRIST LIVED.

The closest they have are some documents kept in Rome that were reports from Judea and other areas that such a person of Jesus of Nazareth lived and had many followers.

The Old Testament is a similar document. Not even Orthodox scholars will say that is contents were actually handed down from the time of the events - except for the Psalms of David. And many of those were re-written when King James ordered the Bible re-translated and written in poetic form so the common people would seek to learn it.

King James no doubt had some "influence" on the translators.

Forum List

Back