Pope Francis says all priests can forgive women who've had abortions

That was every Friday when I was a kid, no meat for dinner that day. No doubt the fundamentalist scholars can find satanic messages in that too.

Our schools had fish sticks every Friday.
A stunning public accommodation considering the basic anti Catholicism in American culture and history.

Yeah well they also always gave us a turkey lunch the last day before the Thanksgiving holiday, which if you think about it didn't really make much sense.
So you would agree with the fundamentalist Mormons who say that just because some guy in the Mormon church decided that polygamy was wrong, that doesn't mean God said so.

Do you mean 'wrong' or a 'sin'. Some people believe you shouldn't wear white in the winter, that doing so is 'wrong', but it's not a 'sin'. I try to follow God's word. The Pharisees went around telling people what was 'wrong' and 'right', and Jesus pointed out that they were putting 'tradition' above God's word.

The Bible is never changing, but I find it interesting, for example. that the Pope comes out every so often and says 'NOW' this is okay or not okay. why 'NOW'. Did God's word suddenly change?

That's what I'm asking you. The Mormons are Christians; there's no doubt their denomination originally embraced polygamy as a part of their religion. Then they changed the rules? Which Mormons are right?

What does the Bible, not what does man, say?

The Book of Mormon is the word of God to Mormons, presumably.
I'm sure you want to go somewhere with this, so why don't you just get to it.

No, actually I am NOT trying to go anywhere with it - promise. Me personally, like I said, whenever I hear anyone speak / teach - as a former pastor encouraged us to do, even when he gave sermons - I go back and look at what was taught compared to what the Bible says. This pastor encouraged us to do so in order to make sure that even HE did not say something that contradicted God's word. So by asking what does God's word say about the issue, I really didn't have an agenda / wasn't trying to 'take it somewhere'.

No, actually I am NOT trying to go anywhere with it - promise. Me personally, like I said, whenever I hear anyone speak / teach - as a former pastor encouraged us to do, even when he gave sermons - I go back and look at what was taught compared to what the Bible says. This pastor encouraged us to do so in order to make sure that even HE did not say something that contradicted God's word. So by asking what does God's word say about the issue, I really didn't have an agenda / wasn't trying to 'take it somewhere'.
The question wasn't actually directed at you, but thanks for the response anyway. Every organized church has a hierarchy of clergy who interpret scripture, and determine theological doctrine and church policy.

I hate it that Wendy's only serves fish sandwiches during Lent. I wish the new liberal communist Pope would get on that.
That was every Friday when I was a kid, no meat for dinner that day. No doubt the fundamentalist scholars can find satanic messages in that too.

Our schools had fish sticks every Friday.
A stunning public accommodation considering the basic anti Catholicism in American culture and history.

Yeah well they also always gave us a turkey lunch the last day before the Thanksgiving holiday, which if you think about it didn't really make much sense.
So you would agree with the fundamentalist Mormons who say that just because some guy in the Mormon church decided that polygamy was wrong, that doesn't mean God said so.

Do you mean 'wrong' or a 'sin'. Some people believe you shouldn't wear white in the winter, that doing so is 'wrong', but it's not a 'sin'. I try to follow God's word. The Pharisees went around telling people what was 'wrong' and 'right', and Jesus pointed out that they were putting 'tradition' above God's word.

The Bible is never changing, but I find it interesting, for example. that the Pope comes out every so often and says 'NOW' this is okay or not okay. why 'NOW'. Did God's word suddenly change?

That's what I'm asking you. The Mormons are Christians; there's no doubt their denomination originally embraced polygamy as a part of their religion. Then they changed the rules? Which Mormons are right?

What does the Bible, not what does man, say?
We should also recognize that the metaphors in the Bible were meant to be discussed and interpreted , otherwise there wouldn't be so many denominations of Christianity. God made us with brains that constantly ask questions for a good reason, I have faith in that much.

There is no one true faith, they are all simply different paths to same place. It's not important how you get there, it's just a matter of whichever set of traditions and metaphors you find most comfortable for expressing your faith.

Pope: All priests can forgive those who've had abortions - CNN.com
If the Church can forgive abortion why don`t Republicans do it? Why should these poor women suffer from mad politicians who won`t ever face such situations full of stress and doubts? Why they can`t leave women care their business?

The Church? What church? The Roman Catholic Church is a false church. Furthermore, priests cannot give anyone. Neither can the pope. Only God can forgive sin. Buy a King James Bible and read it.

Once again, a heathen must school the believer. Can only God forgive sin? No. Only Jesus? No.

"Since he would not always be with the Church visibly, Christ gave this power to other men so the Church, which is the continuation of his presence throughout time (Matt. 28:20), would be able to offer forgiveness to future generations. He gave his power to the apostles, and it was a power that could be passed on to their successors and agents, since the apostles wouldn’t always be on earth either, but people would still be sinning.

God had sent Jesus to forgive sins, but after his resurrection Jesus told the apostles, "‘As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.’ And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained’" (John 20:21–23). (This is one of only two times we are told that God breathed on man, the other being in Genesis 2:7, when he made man a living soul. It emphasizes how important the establishment of the sacrament of penance was.)"

The Forgiveness of Sins | Catholic Answers

Pope: All priests can forgive those who've had abortions - CNN.com
If the Church can forgive abortion why don`t Republicans do it? Why should these poor women suffer from mad politicians who won`t ever face such situations full of stress and doubts? Why they can`t leave women care their business?

The Church? What church? The Roman Catholic Church is a false church. Furthermore, priests cannot give anyone. Neither can the pope. Only God can forgive sin. Buy a King James Bible and read it.

Once again, a heathen must school the believer. Can only God forgive sin? No. Only Jesus? No.

"Since he would not always be with the Church visibly, Christ gave this power to other men so the Church, which is the continuation of his presence throughout time (Matt. 28:20), would be able to offer forgiveness to future generations. He gave his power to the apostles, and it was a power that could be passed on to their successors and agents, since the apostles wouldn’t always be on earth either, but people would still be sinning.

God had sent Jesus to forgive sins, but after his resurrection Jesus told the apostles, "‘As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.’ And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained’" (John 20:21–23). (This is one of only two times we are told that God breathed on man, the other being in Genesis 2:7, when he made man a living soul. It emphasizes how important the establishment of the sacrament of penance was.)"

The Forgiveness of Sins | Catholic Answers

Not only did Christ exhort his twelve Apostles to forgive the sins of his followers and non believers alike, Christ also extended this responsibility to his fifty or so disciples, women among them.

Admit it, you people. You secretly want Pope Dracula back.

nazi-youth-pope-ratzinger.jpg

Forum List

Back