Positive to counter the negative.

Oh wow, I like most people here for varied reasons

Those who make me laugh: Mr H, MadCabbie, Norwegen, Turtledude, Moonglow, Pop23, Shart_attack

Those I'd like over for a crawfish boil because I know we'd become friends: CandyCorn, Rozman, LiberalMedia TinyDancer, Ernie_S, Foxfyre, Pogo, Mudwhistle, Grandma, Waltky, Esmerelda, Mertex, Chris, WelfareQueen, Gracie, Huggy, Dsir, Ringel, Ollie, Sgt ... I know I've missed some and some are no longer here

I think that would be an awesome get-together!

I'm in! :deal:

Tresha's a sweetheart. That would rock. I'll make jambalaya.

Oh wow, I like most people here for varied reasons

Those who make me laugh: Mr H, MadCabbie, Norwegen, Turtledude, Moonglow, Pop23, Shart_attack

Those I'd like over for a crawfish boil because I know we'd become friends: CandyCorn, Rozman, LiberalMedia TinyDancer, Ernie_S, Foxfyre, Pogo, Mudwhistle, Grandma, Waltky, Esmerelda, Mertex, Chris, WelfareQueen, Gracie, Huggy, Dsir, Ringel, Ollie, Sgt ... I know I've missed some and some are no longer here

I think that would be an awesome get-together!

I'm in! :deal:

Tresha's a sweetheart. That would rock. I'll make jambalaya.
Sweet! I make a great potato salad.

I don't do the meet up thing, but I can send some brownies? Take pics. :)

guno For keeping me on my toes. I don't agree with him on certain matters but I can't imagine the board without him. He's a very colorful figure and I enjoy reading his threads (some). When I see a Guno thread, I feel compelled to open it and see what is on his mind! (borrowing a line from Pogo!) Lol. His passion may be expressed differently from others here but I believe his love for Israel is none the less sincere and that he desires to get along with others as best as he can so long as it does not compromise what he believes. Guno has a soft side that is hidden but very endearing and he is a very special person to me.

@TheRabbi I see him as a no nonsense man who can get to the root of the trouble very quickly. He has a sharp mind. I like his threads and agree with much of what he says. And he will say it because The Rabbi speaks his mind! He does not hold back. I believe he goes the extra mile to believe the best of all people and because of that he gives them the benefit of the doubt when others would not.

dontTazMeBro Because he genuinely feels outrage at injustices reported in the news and isn't intimidated by those who disagree with him. He's got his eye on the ball and is keen on any ground that the powers that be are trying to take from us as Americans. I appreciate that he doesn't clinging blindly (as so many do - both sides) to a political party, he doesn't get hung up on taking sides. He's not a follower. I see him as a man who has been consistent and takes his commitment to USMB moderating seriously. He isn't moved by what others think of him. ( you have to admire someone like that)

Pogo First thought is he is a person who is informed on subjects that are of great benefit to others. He is quite knowledgable on many subjects including health and diet. Pogo is friendly towards others no matter what political belief, spiritual beliefs or differences there may be. He keeps an open mind and desires to see the best in people. He has very keen discernment and can spot and identify something that is off quickly. What others may miss, Pogo sees. I believe Pogo is a deep well.

@RetiredSgt. I admire Sarge. He is a man who has suffered deeply, endured much, and is still standing - despite all the enemy has thrown at him - he is still standing! He does not give up. He is a great example for others of what it is to endure - I admire his tenacity, his consideration of others before himself, his desire to defend what is right and honorable. He's a man who refuses to be defeated by the enemy - no matter how hot the battle gets. I have great admiration for him and am glad to see him any time he is here.

Pogo First thought is he is a person who is informed on subjects that are of great benefit to others. He is quite knowledgable on many subjects including health and diet. Pogo is friendly towards others no matter what political belief, spiritual beliefs or differences there may be. He keeps an open mind and desires to see the best in people. He has very keen discernment and can spot and identify something that is off quickly. What others may miss, Pogo sees. I believe Pogo is a deep well.

I suspect others would have another noun in mind :lol: but thank you Jeri.

Jeremiah, what can I say, we don't always agree but she's never dishonest and never ever mean. That's a rarity and a refreshment in this sort of milieu. And a caring heart (I followed the stray cat thread, and btw guess whose cat has himself stuck in a tree again right now...:ack-1: )

But I'm not sure I can fully agree with the above -- if I'm so knowledgeable on health and diet, what am I doing trolling for brownies? Y'all have reminded me I have some gluten-free brownie mix sitting here and I'd hate to see it go to waste....

Jeremiah, what can I say, we don't always agree but she's never dishonest and never ever mean. That's a rarity and a refreshment in this sort of milieu. And a caring heart (I followed the stray cat thread, and btw guess whose cat has himself stuck in a tree again right now...:ack-1: )

But I'm not sure I can fully agree with the above -- if I'm so knowledgeable on health and diet, what am I doing trolling for brownies? Y'all have reminded me I have some gluten-free brownie mix sitting here and I'd hate to see it go to waste....

Hey! If it is gluten-free! It's alright in my book. What is a little chocolate anyhow? Use Carob! lol. Let's just say I believe you know more than I do about it! ha. I'm trying to read more and learn though. I will be praying for your cat to be brought out of the tree. It took a storm for the one I've got to come down - a big storm! Like shaking the earth kind of storm - quite amazing. update on the cat! She is sleeping in a new wicker bed basket which she loves - is eating and drinking very well and walking slowly but now she has a small lump on her left side of her body (I felt it last night) and so we are taking her back to the doctor on Monday to make sure it isn't a snake bite or some poisonous bite. Might have had something to do with the fever she had before. We love this cat and plan on keeping it indoors. No outdoor adventures, no more trees. Have a great day, Pogo!

Hey! If it is gluten-free! It's alright in my book. What is a little chocolate anyhow? Use Carob! lol. Let's just say I believe you know more than I do about it! ha. I'm trying to read more and learn though. I will be praying for your cat to be brought out of the tree. It took a storm for the one I've got to come down - a big storm! Like shaking the earth kind of storm - quite amazing. update on the cat! She is sleeping in a new wicker bed basket which she loves - is eating and drinking very well and walking slowly but now she has a small lump on her left side of her body (I felt it last night) and so we are taking her back to the doctor on Monday to make sure it isn't a snake bite or some poisonous bite. Might have had something to do with the fever she had before. We love this cat and plan on keeping it indoors. No outdoor adventures, no more trees. Have a great day, Pogo!

Well yanno, if the cat wants to be outdoors she'll find a way, and will give you no peace until she does.

Hobbes has done this several times, though not for several months. I used to freak out, assemble bizarre tools, call for help, and all that, but he IS capable of getting down on his own (he's done so several times) and this one is not that high, so I'll encourage him but I'm confident he can do it. And also confident that once he gets in he'll need a few days to sleep it off, and that the memory of the ordeal will have vanished in the space of about ten minutes.

I will prolly hold off on the brownies until I remember to pick up walnuts. :eusa_drool:

I hope Hobbes comes down soon, Pogo. I hope the cat does adjust to indoor living - we'll see - we have a great room with huge windows and double doors and lots of screens so it has a great cross breeze out there on a windy day. If that does not suffice I'll have to think about building an outdoor screened in Gazebo. Bring the outdoors in somehow! I heard cats enjoy better health if you keep them indoors. I'm not sure if that is the case or not. Walnuts are supposed to be good for you so you have a positive to counter the negative! (if ever chocolate could be called that - yikes)

Posted earlier in this thread:
There are a lot of posters that have my respect here. I'd hate to name 3-5 because I'd leave out some that I have great respect for.

I'll try to do it by posting as I remember them. There will likely be more than five.

CrusaderFrank - likes to mix sarcasm into his posts which I appreciate, also posts well thought out ideas and positions. Is true to himself and his principles.

How's the bull, Jere?

Well yanno, if the cat wants to be outdoors she'll find a way, and will give you no peace until she does.

Hobbes has done this several times, though not for several months. I used to freak out, assemble bizarre tools, call for help, and all that, but he IS capable of getting down on his own (he's done so several times) and this one is not that high, so I'll encourage him but I'm confident he can do it. And also confident that once he gets in he'll need a few days to sleep it off, and that the memory of the ordeal will have vanished in the space of about ten minutes.

I will prolly hold off on the brownies until I remember to pick up walnuts. :eusa_drool:

Cats and trees are like women and babies. They both forget the pain last time brought, and before you know it, they're at it again lol.

And Illar Myllar aka Liability - we go way back. Back to the Hannity forum. I respect him because he's a pit bull conservative. He will chew libs up and spit them out. Shame he doesn't visit much anymore.

And @Illar Myllar aka Liability - we go way back. Back to the Hannity forum. I respect him because he's a pit bull conservative. He will chew libs up and spit them out. Shame he doesn't visit much anymore.

Is he a lawyer?

And @Illar Myllar aka Liability - we go way back. Back to the Hannity forum. I respect him because he's a pit bull conservative. He will chew libs up and spit them out. Shame he doesn't visit much anymore.

Is he a lawyer?

I think he is. It's the Internet though, where anyone can pretend to be anyone or any thing. If he is a lawyer, I won't hold that against him.

And Political Chick - she and I don't see eye to eye on evolution but I got to hand it to her, she does her research. There is never any need to ask her for links that's for sure. She's also a pit bull conservative.

He seems to know intricacies of the law, so I was just wondering. I enjoy his post when on the rare occasion that I do, because I learn something every time.

Forum List

Back