Post-election favorability. Obama vs. Trump

Ted Frazier

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2016
When President Obama was first elected his favorability soared to 70%.
Donald Trump's favorability today is 46%

Poll: Trump's popularity soars after election

AtoyOHL.gif

Last edited:
Your attachment does not seem to be available. Personally, I don't put much stock in favorability ratings. Like most polls, they merely reflect the group chosen to opine. What the rating du jour happens to be, does not effect what I think.

Furthermore, in this case, it seems silly to compare favorability of a lame duck to a president elect.

And we should care about Compost and Dreadnaught's lack of interest?

Haters are going to hate.

The fact that 54% of Americans don't like Trump portends a real opportunity for him, though, in his first 100 days.

If he turns toward the center and reaches out with some solid job creating programs and renewed commitment to protecting civil liberties, his popularity will soar.

His EOs will not available him much in the beginning. For instance, the Mandate in ACA is congressional. All Trump can do is order the IRS to not collect the Mandate, and the next day an injunction will be filed in federal court to block the EO. The legal wrangling, while the ACA Mandate is being collected, will take 12 to 18 months to reach the SCOTUS, where it will order the injunction to be permanent.

Trump has a chance to make things good for America and himself: let's hope he takes it.

And we should care about Compost and Dreadnaught's lack of interest?

Haters are going to hate.

The fact that 54% of Americans don't like Trump portends a real opportunity for him, though, in his first 100 days.

If he turns toward the center and reaches out with some solid job creating programs and renewed commitment to protecting civil liberties, his popularity will soar.

His EOs will not available him much in the beginning. For instance, the Mandate in ACA is congressional. All Trump can do is order the IRS to not collect the Mandate, and the next day an injunction will be filed in federal court to block the EO. The legal wrangling, while the ACA Mandate is being collected, will take 12 to 18 months to reach the SCOTUS, where it will order the injunction to be permanent.

Trump has a chance to make things good for America and himself: let's hope he takes it.
OP asked for comments. The only one tossing out hate here is you, Jake.

Democrats are powerless. Thanks to Harry Reid, they are toothless as well. obamacare is as good as gone.

• Banned
Your attachment does not seem to be available. Personally, I don't put much stock in favorability ratings. Like most polls, they merely reflect the group chosen to opine. What the rating du jour happens to be, does not effect what I think.

Furthermore, in this case, it seems silly to compare favorability of a lame duck to a president elect.
If Trump favorability were 80%, you would put a huge deal of stock in it. Stop pretending you don't care.

If Trump favorability were 80%, you would put a huge deal of stock in it. Stop pretending you don't care.
You sound as childish as Jake! Why did you ask for comments? So you could offer a canned response to people who don't cream over this poll?!

Forum List

Back