🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Post Mortem on the Obama infrastructure stimulus of 2009: ARRA

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
Seven years after Obama's massive infrastructure spending bill we have little to show for it. It turned into a pork barrel free-for-all. For example, we got some lovely new turtle bridges but since little was done to fix the bridges humans use, we will have a repeat of the Minnesota I-35 bridge collapse and people will die.
President Trump would do well to study VERY carefully the aftermath of this bill and make sure not to repeat Obama's failure. I believe he will as building and efficiency is in his wheelhouse. This article sums up the stunning cost and waste of ARRA.

Susan Stamper Brown - Where's The Stimulus Funding For Infrastructure?

I've been wondering about this ever since Trump brought it up.

We'll see if he can do a better job of getting the money where it's supposed to go.

The fact that he's a builder will hopefully help. But he's having to work directly with the federal bureaucracy.

Seven years after Obama's massive infrastructure spending bill we have little to show for it. It turned into a pork barrel free-for-all. For example, we got some lovely new turtle bridges but since little was done to fix the bridges humans use, we will have a repeat of the Minnesota I-35 bridge collapse and people will die.
President Trump would do well to study VERY carefully the aftermath of this bill and make sure not to repeat Obama's failure. I believe he will as building and efficiency is in his wheelhouse. This article sums up the stunning cost and waste of ARRA.

Given that only about 1/3 of the stimulus money actually went to infrastructure (the rest was tax cuts and payments to the states) I'm not sure what you are expecting.

I'm actually okay with Trumpenfuhrer's infrastructure plan, at least until he screws it up.

Forum List

Back