Prayer Is Akin To Weather Forecasting

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
I've never heard a weather forecaster spend a couple of minutes at the beginning of his Wednesday forecast explaining why he missed his shot at Tuesdays.

Maybe if they used the standard preacher's lines about "It Just Wasn't God's Will" or "God Works In Mysterious Ways" that would cover it.

I remember the Terri Schiavo case about 2005 when 2/3 of the adults in the country were praying for a feeding tube to be reinserted to basically keep a woman alive who was nothing but a vegetable and hadn't been for more than ten years. George Bush even flew back from Crawford Texas in the middle of the night to sign a bill crafted by the pro life congress which spoke to no other known case except that one woman. After the final stroke and the removal of the tube guess what? "It Just Wasn't God's Will."

A few years ago one of the women who worked in the accounting department at our company sent an E Mail to about thirty of us(associates) requesting that we pray for good results from a colonoscopy she was scheduled to have the next day. She's dead now, colon cancer.....probably because I didn't pray for her.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1g8WCA7mJk]The Doors - You Cannot Petition The Lord With Prayer - YouTube[/ame]

Let's all pray for Camppppppppppppbellllllllllll

I remember back in the forties when folks were dying by the millions from cancer and heart attacks. Nothing could be done for the heart patients...they usually died from the first attack but if they survived they laid around for a year or two and then died. Surgery was the only hope for cancer patients and the tumor usually mestasticized and the afflicted lived a year or so, usually lost half of their body weight and often the family had a closed casket funeral because they were ashamed for anyone to view the corpse.

Wednesday night prayer meetings at the churches were packed because each family either had a member or a close friend who was dying from a major ailment. Prayer lists were a foot long and folks prayed till their knees were bloody and guess what......the afflicted suffered and died anyway. The average life expectency at birth was about 62.

Now with modern sophisticated diagnostic systems, diet and smoking regimines, heart catherization, balloon or stent therapy, bypasses, transplants, radiation, chemo, stem cell transplants, thousands of medicines, new research etc. the same type of patients live into their eighties and sometimes nineties. Now the average life expectency at birth is in the high seventies.

All those billions of prayers back in the early days were either unanswered or ignored. Either there is no god or he don't give a phiddler's phuck. It's just that simple.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back