🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pres. Candidates and current job performance

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Let me preface this by quickly stating that this should apply to BOTH major political parties.

There are now about 18-20 GOP notables who have either announced or are seriously thinking of announcing their presidential candidacy (albeit, some are actually running for the VP slot.)

However, many of these folks are currently serving in either a federal congressional or a state government post (and in the past this has also been the case with democrats.)
What if candidates for the highest administrative positions had to officially give up their current elected post?

After all, running for president is a full-time job and, since tax-payers are paying their current salaries and, de facto, such candidates are NOT (or don't have the time to) fulfill the duties of their current position, they should resign.

Would this limit some frivolous candidacies?

Let me preface this by quickly stating that this should apply to BOTH major political parties.

There are now about 18-20 GOP notables

LOL

Marco Rubio is not running for re-election to the Senate in 2016. He has put all his eggs in one basket.

• Banned
Marco Rubio is not running for re-election to the Senate in 2016. He has put all his eggs in one basket.

Thank you.....but what I'm getting at is IF folks like Rubio (and all the others who are vying for the presidency AND have full time positions) should give up these latter positions while they're running.

Forum List

Back