President criticized by his own people for his outreach to GOP

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
They're prolly right that his outreach won't amount to much because Repubs have swerved so far right that if they're even seen w/ the president, they get yelled at by their eXtreme Right voting base.

“Occasionally I may make some of you angry because I’m going to reach out to Republicans, and I’m going to keep on doing it,” he said. “Even if some of you think I’m a sap, I’m going to keep on doing it because that’s what I think the country needs.”

Read more: Obama defends GOP outreach, even if some think he's a 'sap' - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
Follow us: [MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION]hill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

The President :salute: is right. Let him do his job.

lol, what they FORGET is Obama is now a Lame Duck.. he just LOST BIG on his gun control and he is going to eat the sequester..so he really doesn't have much choice..

boy that must chap some asses...

as usual, dot com doesn't understand politics

the far right of republicans is very small, but dot com in his confusion, thinks they own the party

I don't want any "compromise" either.

The democrooks are WRONG, about every issue. "Compromise" with people who want to bankrupt us? Screw that, when you "compromise" with people who are wrong, you'll never be better than half-right.

Fight them tooth and nail. DEFEAT THEM.

What outreach? A freaking free breakfast? The president didn't even talk to members of the GOP for four years.

Is Obama's policies good for this country? I feel many of them aren't. Why should people vote for what doesn't work?

They're prolly right that his outreach won't amount to much because Repubs have swerved so far right that if they're even seen w/ the president, they get yelled at by their eXtreme Right voting base.

“Occasionally I may make some of you angry because I’m going to reach out to Republicans, and I’m going to keep on doing it,” he said. “Even if some of you think I’m a sap, I’m going to keep on doing it because that’s what I think the country needs.”

Read more: Obama defends GOP outreach, even if some think he's a 'sap' - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
Follow us: [MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION]hill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

The President :salute: is right. Let him do his job.

Translation: reach around, yank, then blame the Rs when they holler.

Why do the democrats want cultural Marxism so bad? Why not try to meet the republicans with a balanced budget?

Why not put the money to our betterment like more infrastructure, science, etc and cut the bails outs, foreign aid, etc. I really do feel that there's some area's that government should spend money on, but the policies of the last two presidents have been pretty stupid.

Forum List

Back